Low Density Love

Here are a few pictures of my hair both straight and curly. You might have seen some of them in previous posts.

Attachments

• IMG_2186.jpg
    IMG_2186.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCN0304.JPG
    DSCN0304.JPG
    361.8 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN2431.jpg
    DSCN2431.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN3252.jpg
    DSCN3252.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN2274.JPG
    DSCN2274.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 97
Here are a few more from my phone. My 2 strand twists are ridiculous. My hair looks relaxed, cause they re so thin.

image-483939130.jpg

image-2287160145.jpg

image-1259605694.jpg

image-2714151083.jpg

image-4075941285.jpg

Last edited:
These are all from within the past year since my BC in january2013. My avi is my most recent flat iron. My siggy was taken in December13. I do wear my hair out on the regular. I could use some long term PS to help with retention, but i'm having too much fun playing in it:lol:. Let's keep each other motivated ladies.

Low density checking in. This pic is actually from today, excuse the stank face, I was not happy. My 1st ever blow out on my natural hair in a year and I hate it! I cried after. I've wore weaves for almost 2 years straight & I'm used to the gone with the wind Fabulous length & thickness. I'm so not used to my low density fine hair. BUT I'm determined to take care of it & stop neglecting it under weaves. Sew ins made my hair even thinner from the tension. I'll be looking to you ladies for inspiration! I've never dealt with my natural hair

I like it...

this is a pic of a curly fro last year

That is soo cute! How'd you do that? g.lo?

Another low density natural checking in, I've learnt to work with what I've been blessed with.

Looking good temfash

View attachment 249895

Low density checking in. This pic is actually from today, excuse the stank face, I was not happy. My 1st ever blow out on my natural hair in a year and I hate it! I cried after. I've wore weaves for almost 2 years straight & I'm used to the gone with the wind Fabulous length & thickness. I'm so not used to my low density fine hair. BUT I'm determined to take care of it & stop neglecting it under weaves. Sew ins made my hair even thinner from the tension. I'll be looking to you ladies for inspiration! I've never dealt with my natural hair

I don't really see what you're talking about lovechemise Your hair looks really cute! Start loving what you got lady!

Here are a few more from my phone. My 2 strand twists are ridiculous. My hair looks relaxed, cause they re so thin.

View attachment 249909

View attachment 249911

View attachment 249913

View attachment 249917

View attachment 249915

ronie I swear we have the same hair texture. Your hair is progressing so nicely!

Please excuse the frizz and my jammies, but I want y'all to see my scalp. Low density problems :nono:

ForumRunner_20140310_193346.jpg

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

That is soo cute! How'd you do that? g.lo?

Looking good temfash

I don't really see what you're talking about lovechemise Your hair looks really cute! Start loving what you got lady!

ronie I swear we have the same hair texture. Your hair is progressing so nicely!

Girl yes, i think we do. Now that my hair is a bit longer, it's easier for me to compare it to others.

Froreal3

In a few days, I'll upload some better pix from my actual camera.

ForumRunner_20140310_200233.jpg

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140310_200205.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140310_200205.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 137
failed flat twist out (please ignore my tired face). I have used a product with glycerine and my hair poofed:ohwell:

Attachments

• photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 182
^^g.lo I still see some good definition. I can't use stuff with a lot of glycerin when I'm trying to get a good twist out. My hair immediately poofs too. :lol:

I can't wait to see what other styles, tips, and fun stuff we come up with. I will have to post a pic of my low density petite pony tail (the reason I don't do braids). :look:

[/USER] I don't really see what you're talking about lovechemise Your hair looks really cute! Start loving what you got lady!

Thanks girl !!!! I'm trying to start loving it....it'll be a hard long road though lol. I think seeing so many pictures of beautifullll thick natural hair on here makes me feel inadequate. But I'm gonna rock my 10 strands of hair

How would I know if I have low density hair? Ive always gel like I didnt have enough strands, but my strands are medium to large in diameter if that makes sense. I have thin thick strands

Prettymetty you can tell by how your wide your pony tail is. If it is anything like mine, it's probably low density. I will post pics later since they're on my phone.

From naturallycurly.com
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curly-hair-care-methods/find-your-hair-porosity-density

The density of your hair is simply how thin or thick it is. The number of hair follicles in a specific area of your hair, say a 1-inch area, determines your hair’s density.
The only way to truly determine density is to have someone literally examine a 1-inch square section of your scalp and count the number of hair follicles, or the number of hairs, in that 1-inch section. However, you can also do a simple hair density test with just two of your senses — vision and touch.

KINKY HAIR

Kinky hair is hair that is very tightly curled. When you pull it straight out from the scalp, it immediately springs back as tight as it was before.
WHAT'S YOUR HAIR TEXTURE?
Right now, you may have dense, porous hair, but that won't necessarily last! Find out why hair texture changes throughout your life.
Make sure your hair is completely dry. Wet hair can feel and look thinner than it actually is.
Be sure that your hair has not been picked out, combed, or styled in any way.
Look closely at your hair from all angles, and see if you can see your scalp through the hair strands. If you can, your hair has very low density.

[/USER] I don't really see what you're talking about lovechemise Your hair looks really cute! Start loving what you got lady! Thanks girl !!!! I'm trying to start loving it....it'll be a hard long road though lol. I think seeing so many pictures of beautifullll thick natural hair on here makes me feel inadequate. But I'm gonna rock my 10 strands of hair
Girl I was like that too, and I know how you feel. Now I am in love with I have, and I try to do style to make it look it's best. I haven t worn extensions since my BC, so my hair and I been living each other lol.
Loving Froreal3 for this thread.

Do yall think that because we have fewer strands we shed less. My theory is that those with lots of strands shed more to maintain the balance and we shed less for the same reason. I also think that I have a long growth cycle since im a slow grower/slow shedder

Kinda like the tortoise from the "tortoise and the hare story". If your hair grows faster and sheds faster that may not necessarily be a good thing. Im starting to accept and appreciate what my hair can do. Im gonna get to the finish line, but I know its gonna take a while

Last edited:
Back