Looking for sage advice

Jessofpal

My boyfriend and I have a good relationship, but we are in a minor time of crisis. We have plans to move to Michigan within the next month so that I can pursue a degree in Japanese Studies. My SO is a bit obsessive compulsive and at first insisted on having 3-6 months of savings and a job lined up before we move. I'm a bean counter and figured that it would take us a year minimum to save that up, more likely two years. We have since agreed that we will move when he has a job and we have a "baby emergency fund" (for those of you who don't follow Dave Ramsey, that's $1,000 in the bank for emergencies only).

Right after we made this agree is when Murphy decided to visit. First our roommate/his brother decided to give us problems paying the rent (he's decided that even though there was no agreement to split the rent three ways he's only goign to pay 1/3. This is in addition to him deciding that he will only pay every other month so the SO already covers the roommate's half for 30 days more than he should). On top of that my SO and I work together. Recently a new employee joined our department and it seems that our manager may be intending to have the new employee take over my boyfriend's job and move him to another position (not a promotion).

Both situations are putting us under alot of stress.

For those of you that have been there: how do I show him that I'm there for him and love him? I don't want to take over the brother/roommate situation because it seems to be something that he should handle, but I don't know how to help him.

1st of all his brother needs to go. Continue your plans to move since that was the goal. All the other crap is just minor road blocks. If he is constantly giving you static he may not want what you want no matter what he is saying.

1st of all his brother needs to go. Continue your plans to move since that was the goal. All the other crap is just minor road blocks. If he is constantly giving you static he may not want what you want no matter what he is saying.

^^^ I agree. Since the brother/roomate can make sooo many decisions on how/when he is gonna pay rent he needs to decide where he gonna live next.

That sums it up right there.

I dont think they are road blocks so much as him constantly going "We need to have some things set up so we'll be able to make it when we move."

I dont think they are road blocks so much as him constantly going "We need to have some things set up so we'll be able to make it when we move."

Girl that is just noise. Men are not planners like woman. They up and move and think about what do do next. You really need to speak with your man to find out if he really wants to go. Then YOU need to do YOU and if he wants to come along for the ride then let him. Don't act married until you are.

Don't pass up on your good thing because he is waiting around. Do you NEED him to be with you to be able to make it? If so that is a horse of another color. You may want to find out how you can make this move on your own. I am sure a lot of ladies on this board including me will tell you to get your own that way you will never EVER have to be in this situation again.

Last edited:
Back