Looking Back On The One You Didn't Marry Knowing What You Know Now...

#1 was a cop and he got fired so he had to join the army then got injured...see where that's going? He's now a broke loser who posts about his life sucking. He's married with 2 kids...the first one is ok looking the 2nd is ugly ...looks just like his wife. He paid my rent for a year after we had broken up so i got the most i could out of his miserable life.

#2 was verbally abusive and controlling. he played mind games with me but he loved me in a sick sort of way. He only cares about himself and I would not have been happy because he would have eventually gotten physical or something.

#3 i still miss him and think about him. i sometimes go to his IG to like his pics then he'll like mine :oops: he's kinda like a party boy with nice body and the BUT errr timing was wrong. :abducted:thing is he's still single to this day and he says im the one that got away but i had feelings for someone else.

1st ex talked too much but he loved me sooooo much everyone thought we were gonna get married. He became an Israelite so I ran away to school and broke up with him once I got there. He is now married has at least 5 kids and is a janitor. This was more than 10 yrs ago but I just blocked him in April because I was tired of him calling me.

2nd ex is still one of my closest friends but he lives in another country. I have visited twice platonically. He loves me so much...now. He treated me like dirt towards the end of our relationship. If I was with him now I'd be happy with some kids but broke. I'm too old to be broke :look:

Last ex was a great pretender. He is 12 years older and pretended he could keep up with me...
He was pretending he still wanted to marry me because he asked me to move in. It was obvious from how he acted with me that his feelings changed. I realize now that I loved him based on how much he did for me and took care of me. His personality often annoyed me and he was too old to be always whinning. If I stayed, i would have had a nice life and would be cheating left and right. He would have been miserable!

I probably wouldn't have kids.

I have been married for 20 years, with my husband for 23 years total.

The one whom I broke up with 25 years ago (before I met hubby) married within two years of our breakup and has no kids. He is 54 years old now.

The one I broke up with 23 years ago just married within the last 3 years and has a one year old and one on the way at age 49.

The man I was first engaged to..looking back. I think if I had had my mess together, I would have been happily married to him. He had everything going for him and right now he is doing GREAT. It was me *smh*
I am married now to someone who also has his stuff together (as well he should at our age) but that road was very rocky in the first few years...in terms of how we got along.
This is really hard. I believe I met my soulmate but I was just too self absorbed and selfish to realize it. The issue was me. I kicked myself for years over this and occasionally still get really sad about it. He got married a few yrs ago and had a baby and is doing great. Hes the VP at a fortune 500 company. I cried like a baby over that (the downside of looking people up on social media). That man loved me to death and I messed things up.

This is really hard. I believe I met my soulmate but I was just too self absorbed and selfish to realize it. The issue was me. I kicked myself for years over this and occasionally still get really sad about it. He got married a few yrs ago and had a baby and is doing great. Hes the VP at a fortune 500 company. I cried like a baby over that (the downside of looking people up on social media). That man loved me to death and I messed things up.
Awww sis... that's tough. I would cry too. It really sucks when you're the one who messed up.

The one whom I broke up with 25 years ago (before I met hubby) married within two years of our breakup and has no kids. He is 54 years old now.

The one I broke up with 23 years ago just married within the last 3 years and has a one year old and one on the way at age 49.
I wonder why the 1st one didn't have kids and the 2nd one waited so late to have them. Weird.

For starters he was into drugs and I wasn't so we already has that issue. He would've continued to cheat on me left and right I would take him back and then the cycle would continue. We also went through a love triangle me, his ex girlfriend (she tattooed his name on her), and him i'm 100% sure that would've continued. He would get mad at me and then not talk to me for days so I would've been depressed. He also never really held a down a job while we were together. It wasn't until he ended up leaving me for a white girl that he kept a job.

Looking back I've grown so much for that breakup even though I thought it was the end of the world. What's crazy is right after we broke up literally days later I secured a job with the government and started dating someone from work and the difference was night and day.

Said ex came back into my life and I foolishly let him. He had a stable job, just left his girlfriend, and seemed to have his act together but later on revealed he was into the same old things. I played the game well let him pay my mortgage, buy me new tires for my car, buy me groceries, pay for my classes etc. Then he proposed and I said No.

He actually died last year of an overdose so I would've been a widow.

I wanted to marry my first love but after 10 years of me waiting, hoping and praying it'd happen it never did. I was devastated. :( A few months later I found out that dude was a serial cheater and was basically bad news. If I had married him: I'd be depressed, overweight (I eat when I'm stressed), not as well travelled, addicted to something or another to numb myself, a mom who let herself go, divorced from him or maybe even dead from all the health issues stress brings. Looking back I thank God it never worked out with him! God knows what He is doing!

So ladies, reflecting back on your past relationships, if you had married "him" knowing what you know now, How would your life be different? Are you grateful it didn't work out?

I wasn't ready so I'm kinda grateful it didn't work out then but I love the fact that he loved me move than I loved him.

Back