long hair must be fake??

omg look at the caption on this picture! if it is her real hair that is just soooo rude.
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/whatnottowear/episodes2/niyaslideshow_11.html

Her hair doesn't read as fake to me. If those were extensions, I am impressed. He could have probably worked with those extensions to make them look nice if they were indeed dull.

^^^im really beginning the think that she had extentions,, i mean how could he NOT know??? it doesnt make sense. when youve got your eyes and hands in someone head for over an hour, id think youd know.....

Hmmm, the plot thickens.

I still think that's rude and embarrassing (not that fake hair is something to be ashamed of). Badgering someone into saying whether or not their hair is real is just ornery and unnecessary. As people said before, he should have been able to tell without asking. He should have just did what he had to do without commenting on the extensions. And then to put on the website, "her dull extenstions," WTF?

ohh if she did have extensions its different.......... i still dont like that dude tho lol

With the natural girl, he kept asking her why she waited so long to put a relaxer in it. He kept pressing her about it like she was so wrong to go without one.
She seemed kind of shy and did'nt say much. I wanted her to be like "because this is the way it grows out of my head and I like it!"

I saw the one with the natual girl and she said she was thinking about getting it relaxed and that is when he asked her what took so long. It wasn't just out of the blue.

As far as the girl from today, maybe the hair wasn't hers and she did not want to admit it on TV so he kept joking about it.

I think Nick is a horrible stylist. ESPECIALLY when he's doing black hair. I remember a time he told a woman that she had to get a relaxer just because she was natural. So that it would look neater, meaning he simply didn't know what to do with natural hair and the only way he could think to manage it was to relax it.
I was so heated!!!

After reading and looking at the picture again, that is not her hair. She was lying on public TV and Nick pulled her card. I can see where the silkiness meets her natural hair

So did the woman have extensions or not?????

yes, she did

I watched that episode this morning. She did have extensions. :yep: She even showed Nick how they were in her hair. I think it was little metal rings wrapped around her own hair that secured the tracts. :perplexed Her after definitely looked better that her before. :look:

Her hair is sooo obviously fake and it's not even a good weave. That's what she gets for trying to front. It doesn't even hang like real hair in that first picture.:perplexed

well we now know that her hair was fake, but err um that after pic looks a mess. If i walk out of the beauty shop with my head looking like that (i have), im gonna be heated (i was). Her hair looks like she's an ok DIYer and she did it herself.

well we now know that her hair was fake, but err um that after pic looks a mess. If i walk out of the beauty shop with my head looking like that (i have), im gonna be heated (i was). Her hair looks like she's an ok DIYer and she did it herself.

LOL! Yeah, I do not see the point in going to a stylist to get that done.

i think the best episode was when he sent that black woman to have her natural hair done by a black stylist because he " thought it was best" aka he had no idea what to do to her..... i was like thank god!!

Her hair is sooo obviously fake and it's not even a good weave. That's what she gets for trying to front. It doesn't even hang like real hair in that first picture.:perplexed

LOL, I believed it was real because I have actually seen real hair like this. It might have looked better if it wasn't so greasy. The people whose hair is actually like that tend to have really greasy hair - either naturally or because of product. :nono:

Oh, but I was reading up above that it had some metal ish in it. Eww.

i think the best episode was when he sent that black woman to have her natural hair done by a black stylist because he " thought it was best" aka he had no idea what to do to her..... i was like thank god!!

I would've kept walking.... till I got home! I would never let anybody touch my hair if they didn't know what the heck they were doing.

Oh and of course I'd have the $5000 Visa card tucked in my bra LOL :grin:

So wait, wait , wait.... after all of this she was wearing extensions? So he knew that from the beginning. Oh I get it now...

ohh if she did have extensions its different.......... i still dont like that dude tho lol

Kitten...lol, your siggy. I was actually sitting here tryin to read it. Wasnt even paying attention to the posts..lol. Cute. Still tryin to figure it out tho.

LOL, I believed it was real because I have actually seen real hair like this. It might have looked better if it wasn't so greasy. The people whose hair is actually like that tend to have really greasy hair - either naturally or because of product. :nono:

Oh, but I was reading up above that it had some metal ish in it. Eww.

It is really obvious to me from how her hair looks from say the crown on down. It just doesn't resemble hair that is growing out of the scalp. I can just see that it is separate from her real hair. Greasiness didn't even come into the picture for me.Unfortunately my first roomate in college taught me her weave spotting skills. Weaves tend to just jump out at me(thanks a lot Lisa, lol:wallbash:)It looks like the favorite weave in my hometown where all the women go to the 1 korean bss and put a few tracks in the bottom and blend in that first pic.

It is really obvious to me from how her hair looks from say the crown on down. It just doesn't resemble hair that is growing out of the scalp. I can just see that it is separate from her real hair. Greasiness didn't even come into the picture for me.Unfortunately my first roomate in college taught me her weave spotting skills. Weaves tend to just jump out at me(thanks a lot Lisa, lol:wallbash:)It looks like the favorite weave in my hometown where all the women go to the 1 korean bss and put a few tracks in the bottom and blend in that first pic.

Yeah, I am not really good in the weave spotting department. Most of the people around here have weaves that are SOOOO obvious because of the texture and the weird bumpy thing bad weaves jobs do, I can not spot them beyond that. LOL.

Dang, I'm disappointed now. She could've at least said "yeah, it's my hair... I paid for it!" But to fake like that makes the BW that do have long hair (their REAL hair) look bad. :rolleyes::wallbash:

okay, i saw this entire episode, this was her hair. i didn't see anything about metal rings in her hair, so i'm not sure if that was another episode or not, but in this episode, this was her natural hair. and, as far as the caption, that is just complete ignorance. and makes the comments even worse.

That fires me up! She shouldn't have allowed it, and if that was me I surely would have asked WHY does it look fake? And waited patiently for an answer.

That was a horrible comment for him to make. HEr hair does look horrible in the 1st pic, like a 3a 3b who styled her wash and go w/ blue magic. It looks great in the 2nd pic.

then even when he was cutting it, he was like, you shouldn't be mad about me cutting it, since it's not yours anyways, and although it was a joke, i was just like, wtf?? lol

:swearing::swearing::swearing::swearing: whf? What kind of mess is that. if that wasn't the most stereotype comment I don't know what is.I can't wait until I get my hair swaying. I dare someone of "other" ask me if it my hair.the girl should have throw her hair in his face.

I didn't see it but I think he thought it was fake b'c it was curly not long, which is really a mess like BW can't have curly hair.

I would say that maybe since he's a stylist he has experience but we all know we was HATING!!!

But in the end I think the overall look was better. She looked more mature/ professional.

OK. Here it goes and please do not stone me...

I did not read all of the comments. I have seen that episode before and she does have a weave. She stated that in the episode. It was like a fusion type of thing. You know, where they kind of do individual groups of strands.

So sad thing is her long hair was fake...:look:

Back