At what length did you consider your hair long

Thanks, you guys. But haven't you guys wanted to ask "outsiders"
smile.gif
(just people who don't come to this board) how your hair is doing. I would love to. But the poster who said that when you come to a board like this, your perception of long changes. People outside of this board might look at our hair and say it's long, but you don't really want to ask, ya know?

And Tracy, your hair is long!!!! I can't wait to get to that length. And being on the tall side it seems like it's taking forever.

Isis, thank you! Sometimes I can't believe I cut my hair that short. It was like a distant dream.

As soon as I passed shoulder length, I thought that my hair was back to long. Now that I'm obsessed about length I won't be satisfied until I reach bra-strap length or when the shortest layer is at bra-strap length..then I would be satisfied and cut again at bra-strap length so that all of my layers are even. It shouldn't be that long before I reach my ultimate goal but it does seem like its taking forever.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:
when the shortest layer is at bra-strap length..then I would be satisfied and cut again at bra-strap length so that all of my layers are even.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I get googley eyed just thinking about it.
shocked.gif
That'll be a sweet day when my hair is all even AND bra strap length.

[ QUOTE ]
megonw said:
That'll be a sweet day when my hair is all even AND bra strap length.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I get an <font color="blue">AMEN </font>!!!! That will be a sweet day, indeed!!
grin.gif
(I hope that it happens for me in this lifetime!!
laugh.gif
)

I was just thinking yesterday that when I first started my hair growth journey my goal was between the shoulder blades - which is where I am now. Now that doesn't feel very long at all so, of course, I've adjusted my goal. But everyone else comments about how long my hair is.

For me it was when it was about 3 inches past my shoulders, but I was still frustrated because I had bangs and it was rough trying to grow them out. I ended up with the Jennifer Anniston hairstyle.

After starting from scratch, I'm trying to grow out a perfectly even cut. It will be interesting to see if I can maintain the same length for all of my hair.

according 2 my boyfriend..I dont have long hair..and I agree with him..I dont.. I think probably when my hair reaches maybe the bra strap (god willing i can get it there)..i might consider it long..

I havent read this whole thread yet..but from what im reading most of you are saying what i was saying, when i said in a previous post i want my hair to grow more, cause to me it hasnt reached what i would consider "long" to me at this point its like a med long...but what it all boils down to is we will always want more, the key is also being able to appreciate where your at now as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Maestradiva77 said:
Like Zanna, I think I have "hair anorexia" too. LOL!!

[/ QUOTE ]

my hairdresser told me i had this years ago....i laughed so hard, cause he was right...and guess what the cure is? its terrible....you have to lose your hair either legnth or thickness , then look back at pics and see how much long your hair really was by comparison to the loss...then when it comes back you have a new appreciation for it...ive been cured, i know.

Since I joined the boards my thoughts have changed about what I consider long. I used to think that shoulder length was long for me but now I would say mid back.

my hair is bra strap now, but I don't consider it long, when it reaches my elbow then it's long. I think most people white included think of long as at least bra strap, usually a few inches below.

It seems that we may all be over shooting. I was just looking at a hairstyles mag and long is shoulder length for whites and blacks. I was surprised to see what many of us think is just medium length was actually in the long section.

below shoulder length always looks long-ish on other people but on myself it feels incredibly short. even the length that im at currently feels insanly short.. but on other people my length looks like a nice long length.. go figure.

[ QUOTE ]
mermaid said:
I don't think I will ever consider my hair long- even if it ever gets to waist legnth, I will want it to my butt, if it reaches my butt, I wll want it to my knees!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I feel too. I guess I am never satisfied. Maybe.... past my rump.

I think that my hairnorexia is finaly healing, I didnt consider my hair long until now at 34.5 inches!
I know, I had a disorder
nono.gif
nuts.gif
. I am coming out of it!
Zanna

Ill consider my hair long when i get to bra strap. (which im hoping to achieve by sept 30).
look.gif
smile.gif
im 4" away and my friend said to me Terri your hair is long i was like no way girl not yet.

Man I'm glad I found this old thread! I've been stressing over my hair for the past few weeks. I'm in the middle of bra strap now and don't consider my hair long. When I first joined I only wanted bra strap length but now that I'm here, I think I'll shoot for somewhere between midback and waistlength. I'm 6 inches from waist now.

I'm the same way. My hair straight with no curl falls 2 inches below my brastrap. Now to some of my friends and family they say my hair is soooo long but i dont see it that way. I consider my hair medium length and I want it longer. During my shrinkage state my hair draws up to about 3 inches in length and I don't like that. I want my hair to fall 5 inches below brastrap during the shrinkage state and waistlength straightened, now that is long to me and I would be happy at that length, thank you.

check out my newest photos
http://public.fotki.com/Diane71

People comment on my hair's length, but I won't be satisfied until my hair is at least classic length. I will consider my hair long at waist length, which is right around the corner.

i dont think anyone thinks my hair is long, especially since it's been up for a few months, but i dont' care...

I will consider my hair long when it gets to midback, hopefully by my touch-up in December. now i dont think i even describe hair as long anymore. I either say neck length, shoulder length, brastrap, midback, waistlength etc... i guess being on LHCF makes me appreciate every length out there :)

When my hair hit waist length, was the first time I ever thought it to be long. Before I was always saying I want long hair. Now saying i want longer hair.

When my hair reached armpit length 2 years ago, I considered it long. Now it is almost shoulder length and I'm transitioning. I would love to have Bre's length from ANTM (all natural)!

candycane said:
I still don't consider my hair long. Others comment on how long it is, but for me I would not consider it long until it bra strap length.

candycane

I feel the same way too! People are marveled by my length but I am unimpressed...that's what being on this site does to ya!:)

My hair is 3 inches shy of waist length. It doesn't feel long to me yet. Everyone else comments that it's long :look:

Back