Ladies, It's About That Time Of Year And I Have A Serious Question For Y'all...

Gurl... What would you do?

• Nothing. I'd be hashtag unbothered.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Thank her. One less thing I have to do...

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Pull her to the side and kindly ask her to stay in her lane.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Take the plate out if his hands and throw it in her face.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Snatch her edges and proceed to give her "these hands"

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tenor.gif

Nothing because I don't fight over dudes. If he didn't handle it right I would handle HIM later.
I might be turning into a thug as I get older but I wouldn't wait until later. Maybe in front of my family I'd play it cool but sitting around a bunch of strangers that I don't know or like... we're either stepping in the next room immediately or we're having that conversation with an audience cause I ain't about to sit there stewing in that rachetness while everybody else is taking me for a fool. And you know the ex and granny would be looking all smug. I'd rather take my arse home and open a bottle of wine. You ain't clowning me for the holiday like I'm the entertainment for the night.

I might be turning into a thug as I get older but I wouldn't wait until later. Maybe in front of my family I'd play it cool but sitting around a bunch of strangers that I don't know or like... we're either stepping in the next room immediately or we're having that conversation with an audience cause I ain't about to sit there stewing in that rachetness while everybody else is taking me for a fool. And you know the ex and granny would be looking all smug. I'd rather take my arse home and open a bottle of wine. You ain't clowning me for the holiday like I'm the entertainment for the night.

That's what I was thinking. Eventually he'll realize I didn't go to the bathroom but caught an Uber :lol: and he can get his granny and ex together on his own time.

I'd be hashtag unbothered. That's his issue to deal with.

There was almost an incident with the same characters at a Thanksgiving in my family. My mom invited my younger brother's ex because she has hope in her heart my bro will wife her. He said he was coming solo but showed up with a new girl. The ex fixed didn't even talk to my brother or the girl. My brother fixed his own plate.

I'd be hashtag unbothered. That's his issue to deal with.

There was almost an incident with the same characters at a Thanksgiving in my family. My mom invited my younger brother's ex because she has hope in her heart my bro will wife her. He said he was coming solo but showed up with a new girl. The ex fixed didn't even talk to my brother or the girl. My brother fixed his own plate.

Mom was being messy and your brother low key probably had an inkling of what was gonna happen, lol.

Mom was being messy and your brother low key probably had an inkling of what was gonna happen, lol.

Nah. We genuinely did not know my brother was going to show up with anybody. We were all like, WTF dude? I think the new girl was hoping to be a pleasant surprise and we were cool on her.

Our family still sometimes talk to the ex even though her and my brother won't ever be together. He doesn't deserve her.

I had something similar happen to me. The sister of one of my exes invited his ex to Sunday night dinner (his mother hosted these). The sister hadn't met me at this point but knew I was her brother new gf and was a regular at the dinners (she was trifling and later admitted it). I showed up to the house and was introduced to the ex as a friend of the sister. My bf showed up a little after me. When he got there he promptly pulled his sis to the side for a private convo. Then he came and told me his sis invited his ex he had no idea or he wouldn't have allowed her to come. I told him it was cool I wasn't uncomfortable.

We all ate and acted like adults for the most part until the end of the night his sister had disappeared and the ex didn't have a way to get home she explained to me that she couldn't get in contact with his sister so was hoping my bf could drive her home. She barely finished her comment befor my bf jumped in and said you found your way here without assistance from me you can find your way back to where you came from without my assistance. He then turned to me and said babe you ready? I was like yeah let's go. :angeldevil:

His mama was 45 hot at his sister and apologized to me dang near the whole night while making snide comments about unwelcome guests. I think I was the only one who was literally unphased.

Honestly I think I would have left when we got there and saw the ex. B/c one of two things are happening. Either Granny is being messy and I have no desire to break bread with someone like that. Or two, they're still dipping. I've no desire to be uncomfortable over a holiday, so I'm leaving and his actions will tell me what I need to know.

But if I stayed long enough for her to make it to the plate fixing stage, I'd expect him to handle it. Just know that he betta not eat it, nor will I.

Back