Ladies, It's About That Time Of Year And I Have A Serious Question For Y'all...

Gurl... What would you do?

• Nothing. I'd be hashtag unbothered.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Thank her. One less thing I have to do...

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Pull her to the side and kindly ask her to stay in her lane.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Take the plate out if his hands and throw it in her face.

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Snatch her edges and proceed to give her "these hands"

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Once she handed him the plate I would calmly take the plate, thank her and eat. I would slowly savor every bite while they stared in shock or disdain either way I wouldn't care.

If he didn't say anything to his nanna for inviting that chick knowing that I would be there means that don't nobody care about me anyway.... That would be the last time they saw me but they would always remember me.

Problem solved.

After all my years of marriage I have realized I am not interested into marrying into families that don’t like me. So this here would be a sign for me...

Maybe if the rest of his family likes me
and grandma has like 2 years left on this earth.

Otherwise I am out...I’d get up and leave.

Once she handed him the plate I would calmly take the plate, thank her and eat. I would slowly savor every bite while they stared in shock or disdain either way I wouldn't care.

If he didn't say anything to his nanna for inviting that chick knowing that I would be there means that don't nobody care about me anyway.... That would be the last time they saw me but they would always remember me.

Problem solved.

Good one! :lol:

It's all a test.

I can't imagine this ever playing out Because they know not to try me.(they think AA women are crazy, I don't mind proving them right lol).

DH'S mom did this to his brother though because she didn't like his new girlfriend.

The same brother's lady friend fixed his plate at her party and told his girlfriend (as an African woman) she can go fix her own plate. Brother ate the food.
His family sided with the lady friend and claimed African culture. (they were her guest so she fixed the man's plate.)

I was livid and sided with the girlfriend and dared them to pull a stunt like that on me. I told Dh his brother must be screwing that friend. Dh denied it. Turns out I was right.

Last edited:
I can't imagine this ever playing out Because they know not to try me.(they think AA women are crazy, I don't mind proving them right lol).

DH'S mom did this to his brother though because she didn't like his new girlfriend.

The same brother's lady friend fixed his plate and told his girlfriend (as an African woman) she can go fix her own plate. Brother ate the food.
His family sided with the lady friend and claimed African culture. (they were her guest so she fixed the man's plate.)

I was livid and sided with the girlfriend and dared them to pull a stunt like that on me. I told Dh his brother must be screwing that friend. Dh denied it. Turns out I was right.

So wait, they all went to the ex’s house?

And yeah, she shoulda known when he ate the plate

So wait, they all went to the ex’s house?

And yeah, she shoulda known when he ate the plate

It was two separate incidents.
The first was my baby shower/party(because Africans turn a baby shower into a party :lachen:) that the ex and the girlfriend attended. The ex gave the best most expensive gift. The girlfriend cooked a Bunch of good food.

The second incident was at the brother's friend's house. Where the host only made his plate and told the girlfriend to make her own.

I'd be hashtag unbothered. That's his issue to deal with.

There was almost an incident with the same characters at a Thanksgiving in my family. My mom invited my younger brother's ex because she has hope in her heart my bro will wife her. He said he was coming solo but showed up with a new girl. The ex fixed didn't even talk to my brother or the girl. My brother fixed his own plate.

My ex's parents and siblings invite me to EVERY family gathering. His mom knits me stuff, that I don't ask for, and his dad invites me over to try his craft beers ( I don't drink beer, but I was polite enough to entertain him when he was sick).

The ex is a donkey and I will never spend another moment alone with him, so I try to only go visit when his whole family is there so I can blend in, let his parents hug and kiss me and then I leave. They asked me to spend Christmas dinner with them, instead of my own family. I think they like me more than they like the ex, sometimes.

So underrated! I still don't understand how she hasn't blown up. I have been listening to her for 12 years

Right!?! It’s really kind of upsetting to me because I love me some Teedra! I was out at a lounge a few weeks ago and they played “Be your girl” and I got my entire life, the people with me were like is this a new song? :rolleyes:

The same brother's lady friend fixed his plate at her party and told his girlfriend (as an African woman) she can go fix her own plate. Brother ate the food.

where is DH from?

Back