Ladies, How do you deep condition?

How do you deep condition your hair?

• I buy my DC's and use them straight

Votes: 152 44.6%
  • I DC my hair using plain conditioner

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • I DC with conditioner, but add goodies to it

Votes: 137 40.2%
  • I make my DC's using natural things (like avocado)

Votes: 15 4.4%
  • I don't DC

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.3%

• Total voters

*Muffin*

I was wondering the DC routines of the ladies on this board. A lot of you have gorgeous hair of varying lengths and I was wondering If you guys prefered to buy your DC's, make them using natural things you have around the house, or use conditioners and add stuff to them. Do tell :yep:.

I use Wen conditioner and i might add something cheap like dove or mane & tail,whatever cheap conditioner i have around without heat.

I don’t add anything to my conditioner but I do a coconut oil rinse before putting it on, then I sit under the drier for 30 mins.

Well I normally would do a two hour DC, sometimes I add stuff to my conditioner to add more treatment. My mom told me some people back in the day would add a egg and mayo to there conditioner , I haven't did that in a long time,but that worked good, I plan on adding some stuff to my next DC. :yep:

I like to mix it up, lol. I usually buy a conditioner (like Aubrey Organics or some other good conditioner) and mix it with things like coconut oil, olive oil, glycerine, honey, etc...any other mixers?

mixer checking in :grin:......I love to mix Aubrey Organic's Honeysuckle Rose with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa along with castor oil, meadowfoam seed oil and jojoba oil. I like to microwave it for about 15 seconds and apply it to freshly washed hair, put on a plastic cap/shower cap and let it "marinate" for about 2 hours.

For my last DC, I mixed together some Le Kair cholesterol, KeraCare humecto conditioner, a spoonful of Profectiv growth oil, little coconut oil, and a teaspoon of Aphogee Essential Fatty acid. The key is to add one ingredient at a time, and mix well before adding the next one. This will make your conditioner concoction smooth with the consistency of pudding. I apply it to sectioned hair, and smooth it out from root to ends. Then the heating cap goes on for no less than an hour, on medium setting. Rinse well, making sure the final rinse is with cold water to close the hair cuticles. Follow up with a rollerset under the dryer, or air dry. This conditioner has really helped smooth my hair ends, making my hair softer and silkier to the touch.:drunk:

Last edited:
Depends on how much I feel like dealing with. Most of the time I make my own dcs (coconut milk and molassas, soymilk, eggs/mayo), other times I use commerical products, such as Komaza's Intensive Moisture Therapy.

I usually just use the DC straight and sometimes I 'seal' the DC with an oil (meaning I just put oil on top of the DC that's in my hair). My DCs are 'real' DCs (Aubrey Organics HSR, Island Naturals, Redken Real Control).

if the conditioner is natural like hairveda or shescenit then i just use it straight out the jar like that. but if its not natural then i add coconut oil and honey.

mixer checking in :grin:......I love to mix Aubrey Organic's Honeysuckle Rose with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa along with castor oil, meadowfoam seed oil and jojoba oil. I like to microwave it for about 15 seconds and apply it to freshly washed hair, put on a plastic cap/shower cap and let it "marinate" for about 2 hours.

Cool. I have to look more into castor oil and meadowfoam seed oil. I don't know very much about them but I'm always on the look out for another goody for my hair, lol.

For my last DC, I mixed together some Le Kair cholesterol, KeraCare humecto conditioner, a spoonful of Profectiv growth oil, little coconut oil, and a teaspoon of Aphogee Essential Fatty acid. The key is to add one ingredient at a time, and mix well before adding the next one. This will make your conditioner concoction smooth with the consistency of pudding. I apply it to sectioned hair, and smooth it out from root to ends. Then the heating cap goes on for no less than an hour, on medium setting. Rinse well, making sure the final rinse is with cold water to close the hair cuticles. Follow up with a rollerset under the dryer, or air dry. This conditioner has really helped smooth my hair ends, making my hair softer and silkier to the touch.:drunk:

were did you get efa...I thought they stopped making that...or are you referring to the new formula (I think)

Thanks for sharing. You seem like an expert at DC'ing :yep:. I also rinse with cold water and use a heat cap for an hour. I don't like it when my DC's are too thick or too runny. I agree that it should be a pudding like consistency.

I buy Dc's, but mix 1 or 2 and add oils to them like virgin coconut oil, a vit e oil caps, flaxseed oil, honey or something of that nature, and cover with baggy and sit under the dryer for at least 45mins. :drunk:

Depends on my mood and the con i'm using. If it's humecto or humectress, I'll mix in honey, MSM and any oil I have lying around- jojoba/olive/coconut oil. If I'm using Aubrey organic's, I'm less likely to add stuff in cos it's quite rich on its own. Then i put on a heating cap for 45mins to an hr.

depends on my mood, right now i removed my braids last night and clarified and im sitting with pantene R&N mixed with a bit of charles worthington, sometimes i put more elaborate stuff and mix it up like honey, mollasses, castor oil, coconut oil and different types of conditioners and sit under my soft bonnet dryer with some saran wrap on but i left my soft bonnet at college so im sitting with my satin scarf with a plastic cap underneath

I usually mix my own DC with things in my kitchen. I've never been able to find a commercial DC that does what I do for me!

I'm a mixer. I mixed Aubrey Organics conditioners (I rotate) with stuff such as honey, molasses, oils, etc. Lately I've been using them straight just to try it out.

I love to mix LeKair Cholesterol Plus, with ORS Replenishing Conditioner and some favorite oil like an ayurvedic blend, Dabur Amla, or coconut oil.

I dont' own a thermal heating cap but I have the sit under hair dryer. When doing deep cond. can I just put on plastic cap and sit under it?

I usually just use my DC as they are, but recently I will add eggs or oils to them to get different results.

I dont' own a thermal heating cap but I have the sit under hair dryer. When doing deep cond. can I just put on plastic cap and sit under it?

I know that when Macherieamour does her wraps she covers them with saran wrap and sits under her hood dryer with it, so I guess it's all right. If you're worried about it you can cover the plastic cap that's over your head with a towel so that the plastic won't melt from the heat of the dryer.

I usually mix my own DC with things in my kitchen. I've never been able to find a commercial DC that does what I do for me!

Really? I used to do this too, but I could never seem to get it the right way. My hair wouldn't really feel that much softer and usually my concoctions were very runny. What things from your kitchen do you use as a DC?

Hi Ladies!! (Newby Here!!, sooo excited about my hiar journey)
I use Mizani, I mix the Hydrafuse with Kerafuse, put plastic cap on & sit under the dryer for 20 minutes. This seems to make my hair way stronger.:yep:

I use ORS Replenishing paks.

I mix two ORS packets in a small glass bowl with
6 drops of grapseed oil
2 drops of EVOO
3 drops of coconut oil - unrefined/organic
Heat in microwave for 35 seconds and apply to hair in sections
Wrap hair in plastic after application
Place a shower cap on top of the plastic wrapped on your head
Place a towel on top of the shower cap.
Let sit for 3 hours and rinse with cold water
Final rinse should consist of organic honey (teaspoon) and 2 cups of water for shine.....

This DC treatment does wonders for my hair......:yep:

Yay! This is my EXACT same mixture- minus the oils. I LOVE the Trader Joe's nourish spa. I mix that conditioner with EVERYTHING. It even makes my cheapies work better!

Nourish Spa rocks!!!!!!

Back