Votes: 15 10.9%
  • As needed

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • None

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters
I used to dc 1x a week but recently I've been doing it 2x a week, especially since it takes forever for anything to soak into my hair. This has been working well and I've been able to cut out the cowashing which is a good thing since it's been cold as heck in NY.

Similar to westNDNbeauty, I DC every time my hair has been immersed in water, which is once every week.

DC 1 - 2x a week depending on how my hair feels. I shampoo once a week, alternating with cowashing and DC after every shampoo.

I used to DC every week when I first started my haircare routine. THAT was 6 years ago. Now my new goal regimen is to braid up for 3 weeks and let the hair lose (not out necessarily) on the last week and start over. So now, it's 1/month I guess.

If I can find a wig and not have to pay money in a salon for a flat twist style, I'd like to increase it to at least 2/month.

DC up to 3x a week. once with a reconstructor another with a moisture product. Mind you these are done afyer a cowash and on for less than 10 min. Third day is full wash day and I will choose DC type(s) based on how it is that day and leave it on 15 min to an hour

I don't think anyone has heard me complain about dry brittle hair here in months.

Last edited:
I DC every other week, when I co-wash.

It works for my hair and my schedule and I don't have any issues with build-up or dryness.

I voted other because I wash and DC every two weeks. From SL to BSL, I washed and DC once a week. But after that, the length became too much for weekly washes.

Once a week for me and I don't use a special DC. I usually mix whatever conditioner I have on hand with oils and honey and sit under the dryer for 30 mins. I add a protein component to that twice a month.

Once a week during the summer. A minimum of twice a week during the colder months.

Are you ladies retaining length and reducing breakage with your deep conditioning regimen? :yep:

Last edited:
Ogoma krissyhair I would label deep conditioning as a conditioner labeled as such or an intense mask, where you would use heat or steam for at least 15 minutes.

If that's the case then never. I don't use heat or a special steam apparatus other than the steam from the shower.

Every once in a while I'll buy or use a product labeled as deep treatment or mask. But I don't always have one on hand. Regular conditioning and oiling is enough for me.

If that's the case then never. I don't use heat or a special steam apparatus other than the steam from the shower.

Every once in a while I'll buy or use a product labeled as deep treatment or mask. But I don't always have one on hand. Regular conditioning and oiling is enough for me.

In that case I never DC either. :look:

Normally once a week but I have been slacking. Sometimes I use a product marketed as a DC and sometimes I use whatever condish I have on hand and mix with additional oils and AOGBC. I've been trying to use all my regular conditioners so I won't have such a large stash of products.

I cleanse my hair once a week but deep condition with steam before and after cleansing. The night before: I'll apply coconut oil, steam it in then leave it in overnight. After cleansing the day after, I'll add my conditioner then steam that in as well. So in a sense, I deep condition twice a week. My hair thrives from that.

Back