• As needed

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • None

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters
Once a month.
I'm going to start deep conditioning more often, though. I've been slacking for a whole year. My relaxed hair could have never, ever grown this long without deep conditioning.

Sometimes, I do it twice per week if my hair is extra dry. But now it is averaging out to be once a week. My hair does much better when I DC with heat. If I don't do it, the softness diminishes.

I usually use a mud wash in my my hair so dc is not 100% necessary. Sometimes I'll use a dc for a few minutes, but not the 30+ that I used to define as a dc.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

Every 1-3 weeks depending on how I'm wearing my hair. If I'm wearing it out, then weekly. If it's in twists then every 2-3 weeks.

Now that my hair is much shorter, I cowash almost daily & don't feel as pressed to dc, but I typically aim for once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
I DC weekly and cowash 1-2 times a week (depending on my workout schedule and the temperature). I also mud wash biweekly to clarify since I'm conditioning so often. My hair needs lots of protein so I henna or henna gloss every two weeks.

When I skip either part of that process (either protein or moisture), my hair mats up and gets depressed. :-(

I DC weekly and cowash 1-2 times a week (depending on my workout schedule and the temperature). I also mud wash biweekly to clarify since I'm conditioning so often. My hair needs lots of protein so I henna or henna gloss every two weeks.

When I skip either part of that process (either protein or moisture), my hair mats up and gets depressed. :-(

Duchess007
Good to see you posting again. I missed you and your beautiful hair.

Back