Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave!

LaidBak, thanks for sharing, I think the slides are some of the best parts of the analysis and I really appreciated that you went through the trouble to post them :).

Last edited:
That growth oil sounds good :yep: I'm jealous :lol:

I'm curious to know more about their Hair Growth treatment called "Stinky Stuff. Here are some comparison pictures from the site. I have never seen anything like it:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Komz HairStky Stuff.jpg
    Komz HairStky Stuff.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 488
  • Komz HairStky Stuff2.jpg
    Komz HairStky Stuff2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 476
Anyone know when you can purchase this again? I have been checking for the past 2 weeks and it keeps saying check back in 48hours. I know they are backed up (because of this thread certainly lol) but I really want to do this. More out of curiousity than anything else.

@virtuenow, omg, that's crazy-I've looked through the site and have never seen these pics. I've also been eyeing it for a while, thanks for posting!

@Onhergrind09 Yeah, those pictures are very hidden on the site. I came on it on accident, then had to navigate forever to find it again. This is what they said about the product that was just introduced 2012: Komaza Hair Care: It's called the Stinky Stuff, but it is not stinky. It smells more like lemongrass. We named it the Stinky Stuff because the first formulations of it was very smelly and that is how we referred to the product during testing. But the smell has been addressed but the name remained the same.

Last edited:
I'm curious to know more about their Hair Growth treatment called "Stinky Stuff. Here are some comparison pictures from the site. I have never seen anything like it:

If you ever want to know about any of these types of things IDareT'sHair is your girl. She is all over it (oils, butters, growth aids).

If you ever want to know about any of these types of things is your girl. She is all over it (oils, butters, growth aids).

@faithVA

Haven't tried the "Stinky Stuff"

Anyway, I have enough Stinky-Stuff in my Stash already.:lol:

There's a poster in the Crowns/Edges Challenge who actually uses this.:yep:

@naturalfinally has been using this

Last edited:
KammyGirl said:
Anyone know when you can purchase this again? I have been checking for the past 2 weeks and it keeps saying check back in 48hours. I know they are backed up (because of this thread certainly lol) but I really want to do this. More out of curiousity than anything else.

I've emailed them, haven't heard a response yet. I'm anxiously waiting to purchase the analysis too.

Hello ladies :grin:! So I just wanted to let you all know what's been going on with my hair since my analysis. Earlier this week, I sent Jenn an email complaining that I'm still having a hard time maintaining moisture. What I've learned from my analysis is that I have fine/medium strands and normal porosity (I'm a type 4 natural). So I'm thinking that since I have normal porosity, then I shouldn't be having any problems with maintaining moisture, but WRONG cuz my hair dries out within minutes after taking down my braids or twist :perplexed. I'd followed all of Jenn's suggestions and she as well confirmed that I'm doing everything correctly, but for some reason I still can't maintain moisture :nono:. Jenn told me that she thinks it might be due to my thyroid problem. I have an under active thyroid and she thinks my hair is not maintaining moisture because of it. She really really want me to start taking the Hair Essential vitamins immediately because she thinks that I need to work from within. Well thanks to faithVA who sent me a care package, I now have the vitamins and I started taking them this week. I've been using the Komazacare Califia moist spray as my watery leave-in but I told her that it might be to heavy. Jenn suggested that I dilute the spray with water or aloe vera juice. I ended up diluted the spray with water and that seems to be working better. She also suggested that I might want to buy a sample of the coconut spray since its lighter than the califia spray. I also told her that I like to wear braid outs and buns so she suggested that I use a creamy leave-in and one of their curly puddings. She said I need a creamy leave-in when using gel type products cuz they tend to make the hair dryer so I need more moisture when using gel type products. So hopefully after taking the vitamins and following Jenn's suggestions, I will see an improvement with my hair :yep:.

tashboog said:
Hello ladies :grin:! So I just wanted to let you all know what's been going on with my hair since my analysis. Earlier this week, I sent Jenn an email complaining that I'm still having a hard time maintaining moisture. What I've learned from my analysis is that I have fine/medium strands and normal porosity (I'm a type 4 natural). So I'm thinking that since I have normal porosity, then I shouldn't be having any problems with maintaining moisture, but WRONG cuz my hair dries out within minutes after taking down my braids or twist :perplexed. I'd followed all of Jenn's suggestions and she as well confirmed that I'm doing everything correctly, but for some reason I still can't maintain moisture :nono:. Jenn told me that she thinks it might be due to my thyroid problem. I have an under active thyroid and she thinks my hair is not maintaining moisture because of it. She really really want me to start taking the Hair Essential vitamins immediately because she thinks that I need to work from within. Well thanks to faithVA who sent me a care package, I now have the vitamins and I started taking them this week. I've been using the Komazacare Califia moist spray as my watery leave-in but I told her that it might be to heavy. Jenn suggested that I dilute the spray with water or aloe vera juice. I ended up diluted the spray with water and that seems to be working better. She also suggested that I might want to buy a sample of the coconut spray since its lighter than the califia spray. I also told her that I like to wear braid outs and buns so she suggested that I use a creamy leave-in and one of their curly puddings. She said I need a creamy leave-in when using gel type products cuz they tend to make the hair dryer so I need more moisture when using gel type products. So hopefully after taking the vitamins and following Jenn's suggestions, I will see an improvement with my hair :yep:.

I have a coconut spray you can have, I think. I need to find it.

No, I didn't. But that is because my hair does not like coconut oil. At all...
My hair usually doesn't like coconut oil either. I've received a sample of it today so if I do end up liking it, then I will send u a pm. Thank u so much for ur kind gesture of offering the spray to me :grin:.

My hair usually doesn't like coconut oil either. I've received a sample of it today so if I do end up liking it, then I will send u a pm. Thank u so much for ur kind gesture of offering the spray to me :grin:.

No problem! It will help my Use Up Your Stash Challenge efforts! :grin:

Since it's almost been 3 months, can you give us a hair update. I don't remember your original analysis. But based on the analysis and the recommendations, what has worked, what are you still working on and what questions do you have for the follow up? Yes I'm drilling you :lol:

faithVA and all....can't even believe it...just washed my hair and completely forgot to set aside my clean sheds! Ugh...now going to have to wait till next weekend to send my follow up!

To answer faiths's questions ...i think the protein boost and not leaving my hair wet even with condish for extended periods of time have helped the most. Also realize that with my fine strands and because i only PS about 50% of the time that i am best off doing a light dusting of my ends monthly. I plan to ask about types of leave ins for me i.e. water based or creamier ones...also going to run the trim schedule by renee....plan to also discuss the front area of my hair that still isn't quite as thick as i would like it to be and of course whether my hair appears to stronger and i have i finally cleared away all the splits! I'll be sure to share update results good, bad or indifferent! :-)

@faithVA and all....can't even believe it...just washed my hair and completely forgot to set aside my clean sheds! Ugh...now going to have to wait till next weekend to send my follow up!

To answer faiths's questions ...i think the protein boost and not leaving my hair wet even with condish for extended periods of time have helped the most. Also realize that with my fine strands and because i only PS about 50% of the time that i am best off doing a light dusting of my ends monthly. I plan to ask about types of leave ins for me i.e. water based or creamier ones...also going to run the trim schedule by renee....plan to also discuss the front area of my hair that still isn't quite as thick as i would like it to be and of course whether my hair appears to stronger and i have i finally cleared away all the splits! I'll be sure to share update results good, bad or indifferent! :-)

I will try to remind you next weekend then so we can't hurry up :lol: We are waiting anxiously to hear what a 3 month follow up is like.

I think I am going to push my follow up out until my hair is around 4.5 to 5" so I can trim and so she can see my true curl pattern. Or I will send it the end of November whichever comes first. Yeah I'm being a bit optimistic :grin:

I tried an ACV rinse for the first time at Jen's suggestion. I really hope I don't still smell it in the morning.

LaidBak what ratios did you use. The acv rinses should be highly diluted. I mean to the point where you can't smell anything.

2 tablespoons in 2 cups of water. I didn't end up using all two cups either. I just rinsed until the hair was well coated, and then rinsed again. I still had a lot of mix left over.

Last edited:
Back