***Knockout Nape and Edges in 2010 Challenge***

i'm in!! :yep:

i commit to applying castor oil (and sometimes some peppermint and/or rosemary oil) to my edges, nape and thinning spots 5 days a week and massage them in for 1-5 minutes (i'm in awe of how some of ya'll can give yourselves 20min scalp massages every night :spinning: )

Ohh yes,...add me please..I def need to join in and get maximum results.

“I will apply a castor oil blend to my nape and edges, and massage my scalp for atleast 5 minutes nightly. I will loosely braid my nape/edges at night and will choose to wear protective styles including twists, plaits and cornrows.”- Shae101s

Hey Ladies,

I've been MIA...

:look: I've been doing fairly well with oiling and massaging.

I feel you. It seems like the simplest thing to incorporate into your routine but it's not. I made myself a little chart of my revamped night time routine and laminated it and put it next to my bathroom mirror so that a reminder will be staring me in my face while I brush my teeth. Maybe you could program it as a task or reminder in your cell phone?

Mind sharing your chart?
Programing a reminder in my cell phone sounds like an excellent idea!

o0o! I did a personal Challenge this year- let me show you my results

*off to get harddrive to upload pics"

Please share...inspiration is always a good thing.

I'm in!I will apply Lenzi's Request to my edges and massage my scalp for 10mins nightly. I will will a silk scarf to bed every night and will limit heat usuage and look for more natural styles to protect my nape/edges.

Here are my starting pics.Sorry the lighting is bad in the first one but in the 2nd you can see how thin they are:nono:..:ohwell:

What's Lenzi's Request?

count me in

K. What's your routine going to be?

I'm in! I was in an auto accident on May 8th and suffered a cervical fracture. I had to wear a neck brace for 4 months. By month 1, my nape was gone. One day I tried to wash my hair and my nape just came out in clumps.

“I will apply a moisturizer(ORS carrot oil or ORS lotion) and sealant(castor oil, shea butter, or coconut oil) to my nape and edges and massage my scalp for 5-15 minutes nightly. I will wear a satin scarf or bonnett to protect my nape/edges and will wear low manipulation styles."

I will post pics soon.

So sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you're ok. Looking forward to growing out my nape with you!

i commit to applying castor oil (and sometimes some peppermint and/or rosemary oil) to my edges, nape and thinning spots 5 days a week and massage them in for 1-5 minutes (i'm in awe of how some of ya'll can give yourselves 20min scalp massages every night :spinning: )

At the bolded...this trial period has been helpful as I decide what I'm going to do. I've discovered that 20min. is not realistic. But, hey, a girl can try...and maybe once and I while I'll have that mutch patience.

I do have another confession. It's sooooooooooo cold in Atlanta and I've pulled out the wool coat sans satin scarves....I was supposed to buy new ones in different colors and haven't gotten around to it yet...the only ones I have are blue and green, which don't match everything I wear. Maybe I should just wear them in the meantime regardless...my nape is more important, isn't it?....I need to get those silk scarves asap!!!

I'm in! I was in an auto accident on May 8th and suffered a cervical fracture. I had to wear a neck brace for 4 months. By month 1, my nape was gone. One day I tried to wash my hair and my nape just came out in clumps.

“I will apply a moisturizer(ORS carrot oil or ORS lotion) and sealant(castor oil, shea butter, or coconut oil) to my nape and edges and massage my scalp for 5-15 minutes nightly. I will wear a satin scarf or bonnett to protect my nape/edges and will wear low manipulation styles."

I just washed my hair. Here are my pics as follows:
#1 my lonely nape
#2 right edge
#3 left edge
#4 front view of edges

Also, what should I do to my nape area? Should I try to braid or twist it or just leave it out? TIA

Quoting to show that I posted my pics and to get a response to my questions. Edited to add: pics did not post here. They are in post #120.

Yeap I'm in

“I will apply Oil and cream product nape and edges and (protect)_____ my nape/edges and nightly and relax less.

Pics forthcoming.

Quoting to show that I posted my pics and to get a response to my questions. Edited to add: pics did not post here. They are in post #120.

If you are able to cornrow your nape, keeping it moisturized, I've read several ladies having success with that -- leaving it alone, even if it's just at night. So, if you're able to braid/twist, that would probably be more helpful than leaving it out.

I tend to brush mine with the boar bristle brush every day if I take down my bun...which is one reason I think I should try to keep a bun/style in for several days at a time.

I do my massage for my edges during my ds feedings. I use it to help me relax.

I'm in - will update my reggie later as have ltd internet connection at the mo!:grin:

Commitment Statement:
“I will apply Jamaican Black Castor Oil to my edges and massage my scalp for 2 - 5 minutes nightly. I will not braid up/ weave my edges (and nape) and not tie my scarf too tightly in this area or flat iron this area AT ALL. I will also moisturise new growth reguarly and will avoid tension, heat and chemicals in this area.”

Last edited:
This is just the type of challenge that I need. My nape is in sorry shape. Count me in Panamoni!!!

“I will apply Castor Oil to my Nape and massage my scalp for 2 minutes nightly. I will Tie Knots away from the problem area and keep cotton/wool-like fabrics away from my nape and will limit direct heat and chemical applications to my nape.”

**Will return with my starting picture later this month.

I want in

Commitment Statement:
“I will apply megatek)___ to my __(nape area)____ and massage my scalp for __15__(# of minutes)____ nightly. I will ____(protect)_____ my nape/edges and will corn rows protective style my nape_______.”

I wanna join.

I will apply __BT/JBO___ to my __EDGES____ and massage my scalp for ____10MINS____ nightly. I will WEAR A SCARF AT NIGHT_TO PROTECT_ my edges and will _LIMIT CHEMICAL APPLICATIONS AND_CORNROW MY EDGES WEEKLY ALONG WITH PROTECTIVE STYLING_.

I want to join. :yep: I need to fill in my front & side edges.

“I will apply JBCO to my front & side edges and massage my scalp for 5-10 mins nightly. I will protect my edges and will style wisely.” :drunk:

Last edited:
I want to try too
I will apply surge 14 and cocunut oil to my problem area (edges on the side in the front and edges on the side in the back) and massage my scalp for 5 minutes nightly. I will protect my nape/edges and will style wisely by covering my head when wearing turtle necks wool ect.

picutures to follow

Commitment Statement:
“I will apply MTG to my edges and massage my scalp for 5 to 7 nightly. I will not pull my hair in a tight ponytail putting strain on my edges and will use protective styles more often.:notworthy

I'd like to join.
I'm trying to baby my edges. I was able to bring my nape back to life this year.

I think I'll apply JBCO nightly.

As a reminder, we should be getting ready to post our starting pics if we haven't yet -- shoot for by or around Jan. 1st (posting starting pics is optional -- everyone should post ending pics Dec. 2010).

I'll post mine by Jan. 1st (or I may wait until the 1st week of Jan when I'm scheduled for my next relaxer).

These are my pics.....
The total length of my hair goes down to the 5 on the shirt, and this is like 2 inches of my hair from the edge on up. It makes my overall apperance of my hair look thinker.

I will start again in a week.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I massaged my nape and edges with moisturizing braid sheen. Stimulated my scalp with Vitamin E oil. Place my hair in a high ponytail and wrapped my hair with my satin scarf.

Please add me!!

Commitment Statement:
I will apply _ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer, NTM then seal with cocoa nut oil to my __Nape & Edges_ and massage my scalp for __15 minutes_ nightly (to my edges and once a week for my nape). I will _cornrow my edges and rubberband my nape and wear a satin scarf and will _weave it up but leave them out of the actual sew in_.

Add me please!

“I will apply my mega tek/MTG mix to my nape and edges and massage my scalp for at least 5 mins nightly. I will wrap my nape/edges and wil use buns (alternating position) daily.

DSC00367.jpg
DSC00368-1.jpg
DSC00380.jpg
DSC00365.jpg

left side eges/right side edges (which is way longer I know)/ whole head/and nape

Back