***Knockout Nape and Edges in 2010 Challenge***

Commitment Statement: (cut and paste)
“I will apply jbco/ovation/megatek__(product)___ to my edges__(problem area)____ and massage my scalp for _10mins___ i will wear a satin scalf everynight

side1 00000.jpg

side2.jpg

I am in! I so need this!
“I will apply MT to my nape and left side edges and massage my scalp for 5-10 nightly. I will wear satin scarfs & bonnets to protect my nape/edges and will wear roller sets & buns".

I will edit tonight to post starting pic from home computer.

Last edited:
Pictures coming soon just received my M.T.G took pics b4 I started using it... So I will updat this post soon with pics. I'm going to trim my ends then get ready for my sew in.. Yay

wow i'm really needing this as i noticed about 2 inches of hair from my hairline is almost totally broken off.

mn on nape every other night
mn on edges every single night.
scarfing and wearing lose pony's.

UPDATE: 1/1/10 - Will wash and straighten this weekend.
UPDATE: 2/2/10 - Wash today. Mn'g edges nightly. Forgetting 2 do so on napes. Will start.
UPDATE: 7/12/10 - Leave Alone only cocoil on ends. Waiting 4 sp supps to saturate system
KEEP hands out of head! plan on reducing sugar, starches. Sp. Ironx2.

Last edited:
EdgesGone102809.jpg

Starting pic left edges...

Last edited:
mail1.jpg

mail.jpg

i ordered M.T.G and i took these pics prior to use.. started M.T.G on the 15th

my edges are due to: bad hair care, tight extensions and (shame) a cali killa beat downs..lol.. but im grown now and fighting is not cute and for lil girls.. stay tuned for progress

I'm massaging now. I think I'm going to pick up some peppermint oil from my local Vitamin Shoppee.

I just got my order of cocasta oil from hairveda. It claims to thicken. I will use it for few weeks and see. It feels different from any other oil I have ever used. Anyone tried it?

Just wanted to check in. I've been alternating between OCT and MT every night, massaging and sleeping in my satin bonnet. I can't wait to see results! Patience Patience.

I'm in! started doing this anyway because my edges are a mess!!!!!

“I will apply Peppermint Oil to my Edges & front perimeter of hair and massage my scalp for 5-10 min nightly. I will cover my nape/edges and will choose protective styles such as twists, individual braids on my own hair and wigs to protect my edges"

Will post pics in a week so u can see the damage better.

I'm still hanging in there. I definitely like the coconut oil much better than the castor oil. I don't mind asuch now having to apply it every night.

Ive been keeping my edges moist while in braids. I definitely can tell they feel stronger now that I pay attention to them. When I take down my braids, I'm going to be extra careful not to tug and pull around the edges area.

Please add me:

Commitment Statement: (cut and paste)
“I will apply castor oil, coconut oil to my edges and nape and massage my scalp for 10 mins! nightly.

these pics are a couple days ago

Attachments

• e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 12
  • e2.jpg
    e2.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 13
  • e3.jpg
    e3.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 9
“I will apply castor oil or wild growth to my nape and massage my scalp for 5 minutes nightly. I will wear my hair up and wear a satin scarf to protect my nape/edges and will airdry and limit heat.”

Attachments

• my healthy dominican blowout #2.jpg
    my healthy dominican blowout #2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I would love to join this challenge. What is the best thing to use for the edges? I have some MTG, and megatek but not sure of the best way to use them? Is Olive oil better/ I saw that some use olive and something else (can't remember) . My edges are in bad, bad shape

Thanks

Participants
:gorgeous:Panamoni
:gorgeous:GirlTalk
:gorgeous:Scotchbonnet
:gorgeous:Cherepikr
:gorgeous:Barbie83
:gorgeous:MochaWisdom
:gorgeous:Nymane
:gorgeous:Hairbrat Dani
:gorgeous:CherieMarie
:gorgeous:Cici22
:gorgeous:Ladysaraii
:gorgeous:Ajacks
:gorgeous:Tayflea
:gorgeous:Jaded Faerie
:gorgeous:Tressajalen
:gorgeous:Reyna21
:gorgeous:Kandigyrl
:gorgeous:Rosa Praeclara
:gorgeous:TickledPinkies09
:gorgeous:Prisangela
:gorgeous:Anna9764
:gorgeous:MsCocoFace
:gorgeous:Soude
:gorgeous:keysha1983
:gorgeous:bamachic08
:gorgeous:drea53
:gorgeous:epiphany braids
:gorgeous:blacksapphire
:gorgeous:mohair
:gorgeous:Pretty1008
:gorgeous:taz007
:gorgeous:coco_diva4
:gorgeous:Smiley79
:gorgeous:Mel1804
:gorgeous:SistaSista
:gorgeous:AsianAfricanPrincess
:gorgeous:BSweet
:gorgeous:purplepeace79
:gorgeous:djkforeal
:gorgeous:aegis
:gorgeous:alshepp635
:gorgeous:JessCNU
:gorgeous:quasimodi
:gorgeous:ms_b_haven06
:gorgeous:Adaoba2012
:gorgeous:prettykinks
:gorgeous:wish4length
:gorgeous:lizzyb168
:gorgeous:djkforeal
:gorgeous:Mz.Shug
:gorgeous:Ashleescheveux
:gorgeous:amwcah
:gorgeous:Bluetopia
:gorgeous:shae101s
:gorgeous:dimechiq
:gorgeous:Diam0ndiva
:gorgeous:stellagirl76
:gorgeous:lawyer2be371
:gorgeous:wheezy807
:gorgeous:SherylsTresses
:gorgeous:sophia_reed
:gorgeous:Demi 1974
:gorgeous:lamaria211
:gorgeous:carlana25
:gorgeous:AMAKA127
:gorgeous:pureebony
:gorgeous:TressObsessed
:gorgeous:Salsarisma
:gorgeous:pringe
:gorgeous:Tif392002

I will apply Megatek/olive oil alternating, to my nape and edges, and massage my scalp for 5 min nightly. I will wear a satin scarf or bonnet to bed. I will weat satin scarf under my wool scarf. I will baby my nape/edges and will ___not wear tight braids or sew-ins, I plan on wearing wigs, sewins

I WANT IN...I WANT IN!! I need this sooooo bad!!

I will be applying a mix of horsetail herbs infused in almond oil with aloe vera/rosemary (aka Moe Gro)

Will post pictures later

I have been massaging my nape and edges nightly with my Softee growth oil for 5 minutes. I cover my hair at night with my satin scarf.

1 - Picture from March 07 before the damage

2- The damage!! Dec 08

3 - Dec 09 - strightened

4- Dec 09 - all natural!!

Hope this helps

Attachments

• March 07 Nape.jpg
    March 07 Nape.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Dec 08.jpg
    Dec 08.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG00146-20091130-0201.jpg
    IMG00146-20091130-0201.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG00103-20091126-1614.jpg
    IMG00103-20091126-1614.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 26
Just Checking in with update pics...
The first is Sept 09
EdgesGone102809.jpg

The second is Dec 22, 09

PICT0002.jpg

Thank God for Progress pics :grin: otherwise I would be so discouraged right now....sorry so big...I just learned how to do this..please bear with me....

Last edited:
Would like to join the challenge...I so desperately need some help. This winter has been one of the worst for dryness.

I will apply castor oil to my nape and edges nightly. I will massage my scalp for 5 minuts. I will sleep with a satin cap and use a satin pillow nightly.

Last edited:
I would love to join this challenge. What is the best thing to use for the edges? I have some MTG, and megatek but not sure of the best way to use them? Is Olive oil better/ I saw that some use olive and something else (can't remember) . My edges are in bad, bad shape

Thanks
Hello, Welcome!
With regard to the edges, a lot of people use castor oil, a growth oil mix, or a "growth" cream, then seal with the oil. If you can take the protein, a lot of people apply Megatek to the scalp. Others have also found successes when mixing the carrier oil with an essential oil (e.g. rosemary, peppermint, etc.), but you have to be careful with those too. If you look at the bottom of the first post of this thread, I've listed about 4-5 ladies who have had successes in growing out their edges or napes, and posted a link to their stories.

I see a few people using Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Is this better than regular castor oil?
where can i buy it if it is?

Thanks ladies
I've only used JBCO, so I can't say, but I've read threads where ladies have used both, and I haven't seen an overwhelming preference for either one. So, I think as long as it's cold pressed castor oil, or JBCO, you should be fine. Again, do a search for threads on castor oil, and read the reviews.

Ok ladies Ifeeling challenged today:) How do I upload my pics and list my challenges on all of my post?
TIA
Listing challenges on all of your posts -- I think you're referring to in your signature. If you go to the top left hand corner of the page, click on "User CP" and then click on "Edit Signature". There, you can add your challenges to your signature, which will then appear on any post. You can also upload a pic in your signature there.

HTH!

Back