***Knockout Nape and Edges in 2010 Challenge***

Just wanted to update, I recently received my JBCO and I absolutely love it!:grin: I washed and conditioned my hair last thursday with Jason's biotin shampoo and biotin conditioner mixed with VO5's moisture milk. Then I applied Alba leave in conditioner, oiled my scalp and edges with JBCO and cornrowed my hair and applied HH LTR to the ends and dipped my fingers in regular castor oil from home health and glided through the hair while I braided. I payed particular attention to the sided and nape of my hair and massaged the oil in my scalp because I applied my lace wig and will be leaving it on for about a week, but I usually don't like it the first time I apply because I am still learning how to apply the lace wigs myself, so I take it off to reapply but I put profective temple and nape balm on my edges and massage. Like I mentioned before, I have alopecia and I am really trying to stop it from spreading more throughout my head and keep it contained where it is and see what I can do to try to revive some of those darn folicles!:rolleyes: Well I think that is it for now, I will try to cowash in between taking my cornrows down, I am also in the 2010 braid challenge so I will be sticking to all my challenges.:yep: I will include an attachment of my worst edge.

Attachments

• edited right temple edge.JPG
    edited right temple edge.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 39
I'm in.

“I will apply Boundless Tresses or castor/coconut oil spiked with essential oils to my edges and massage my scalp for 5 minutes nightly. I will wear silk or satin scarves at night on my nape/edges and will avoid tight braids, instead will wear twists and twist outs." :yep:

I'll have to wait until Sunday (Nov. 29) to start up though. I'm out of town just now visiting my grandparents for Thanksgiving. :rolleyes:

Add me, I will take pics after I relax on the 15th of Dec. Though I will start the challange on my hair today...

I cant say what I will apply cause it may differ daly to day. It will be applied to the nape/edges and use a comb to stimulate that area and get the blood to flow.

“I will apply __MOISTURIZER & OIL___ to my __EDGES & NAPES____ and massage my scalp for ____5 MINS W/ TEETH OF COMB____ nightly. I will ____SLEEP ON SATIN OR SILK_____ my nape/edges and will _______LOW MANI STYLE IT_______.”

Last edited:
ooh ooh! Add me please!

I will apply NTM silk touch and ORS Carrott oil to my nape and edges and massage my scalp for 10 minutes nightly. I will cornrow my nape and moisturize my edges and will not use direct heat on it and continue stretching my relaxers.

Commitment Statement:

“I will apply BT and JBCO to my edges and nape and massage my scalp for 10-20 mins nightly. I will moisturize 2x a day or more and wear a satin/silk scarf or bonnet for my nape/edges and will keep my hair off of materials that might snag it by wearing more buns and updos.”

I am glad to join this challenge because I just had a baby and I know that postpartum shedding is on it's way. Here are my pretty bad starting pics.
http://www.fotki.com
http://www.fotki.com

Last edited:
*The other day I used 14n1 and WGHO and scratched 100 times on each side with the comb.
* I didnt get a chance to do anything cause I was too busy throwing up all night.
* Today I will use HS 14n1 again and castro/evoo mix.

Oooh weee this challenge is going to kick my butt!!

Commitment Statement: (cut and paste)
“I will apply coconut oil to my edges,nape and crown and massage my scalp for 5 minutes nightly. I will silk scarf and pillow case my nape/edges and will protective style.”

All righty.

Last night moisturized w/ KBB hair milk, alma and olive heavy cream, and sealed with castor oil. Then massaged hairline w/ boundless tresses.

So far. So good.

Tonight I will be using NTM Silken something and sealing with castro/evoo.

ETA: Didnt get to do.

Last edited:
I've been massaging with my oil blend and I have stop wrapping my hair, b/c my edges seemed to have gotten tender and thin with the way I have been wrapping my hair:ohwell:

I'm pleases with the results to far....:yep:

^^^I think you're on to something. I may start cross-wrapping at night to reduce manipulation and help my edges thicken up.

*The other day I used 14n1 and WGHO and scratched 100 times on each side with the comb.
* I didnt get a chance to do anything cause I was too busy throwing up all night.
* Today I will use HS 14n1 again and castro/evoo mix.

Are you ok? I hope you feel better soon. :drunk:

I have been massaging my edges with BT mixed with JBCO in an applicator bottle. The JBCO is thick so the BT loosens it up a bit. In a spray bottle I have JBCO and distilled water. I spray that onto my plaits at night and before bed I tie it up with my silk scarf.

Not a great excuse, but I caught a cold (72hr. cold) and I've been slacking. Will get back on it. I must also confess that I haven't purchased new silk scarves yet, which I was planning to wrap around my cotton and wool scarves. It's been so cold this week (esp. since I'm sick) that I had to take out one of the cotton scarves. I'm wearing my hair up in a bun, so I know it's rubbing against my nape. Shame on me, I know. I'll have to report back to you ladies.

“I will apply castor oil to the edges of the left side of my head and massage my scalp for 10 minutes nightly. I will wear a satin scarf to protect my nape/edges and will be braiding my hair continuously through 2010.

My starting picture is in my signature.

Hello everyone,
Well, I still have in the cornrows that I put in 2 weeks ago and have managed to get to my nape and edges 2-3 times a week when I remove my lace wig because I need to reapply it because I have not found a good enough glue that is working with my body chemistry:drunk:!
Anywho, I recently bought some MN and some Emu oil to add to my nape and edge regimine, but I am still loving my JBCO! So I have been applying the JBCO to my whole perimeter of my hairline and massaging it in for about 5-7 minutes. I will be taking my braids down and washing and deep conditioning my hair on Sunday and I will be sure to give myself a good scalp massage with my big widetooth comb for like 30 minutes to an hour! Then I will rebraid and put back on my wig until it starts slipping back or lifting because I don't really like to touch it up with glue, I will just take it off so I can get at my scalp, then reapply it again! I think I am going to mix the emu oil, JBCO, MN & Neosporin for my edges in December. Hope that helps!:rolleyes: Until next post ladies...

I'm still applying oil to my edges and nape when I can remember. I know I know. But I have switched up from using castor oil to using coconut oil. It's much lighter and smells better. I promise to do better to keep up with the challenge.

:look: I've been doing fairly well with oiling and massaging.

I'm still applying oil to my edges and nape when I can remember. I know I know. But I have switched up from using castor oil to using coconut oil. It's much lighter and smells better. I promise to do better to keep up with the challenge.
I feel you. It seems like the simplest thing to incorporate into your routine but it's not. I made myself a little chart of my revamped night time routine and laminated it and put it next to my bathroom mirror so that a reminder will be staring me in my face while I brush my teeth. Maybe you could program it as a task or reminder in your cell phone?

I'm in!I will apply Lenzi's Request to my edges and massage my scalp for 10mins nightly. I will will a silk scarf to bed every night and will limit heat usuage and look for more natural styles to protect my nape/edges.

Here are my starting pics.Sorry the lighting is bad in the first one but in the 2nd you can see how thin they are:nono:..:ohwell:

Attachments

• Snapshot_20091208.jpg
    Snapshot_20091208.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Snapshot_20091208_1.jpg
    Snapshot_20091208_1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 21
I'm in! I was in an auto accident on May 8th and suffered a cervical fracture. I had to wear a neck brace for 4 months. By month 1, my nape was gone. One day I tried to wash my hair and my nape just came out in clumps.

“I will apply a moisturizer(ORS carrot oil or ORS lotion) and sealant(castor oil, shea butter, or coconut oil) to my nape and edges and massage my scalp for 5-15 minutes nightly. I will wear a satin scarf or bonnett to protect my nape/edges and will wear low manipulation styles."

I just washed my hair. Here are my pics as follows:
#1 my lonely nape
#2 right edge
#3 left edge
#4 front view of edges

Also, what should I do to my nape area? Should I try to braid or twist it or just leave it out? TIA

Attachments

• Photo_120909_003.jpg
    Photo_120909_003.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Photo_120909_005.jpg
    Photo_120909_005.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Photo_120909_004.jpg
    Photo_120909_004.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Photo_120909_007.jpg
    Photo_120909_007.jpg