***Knockout Nape and Edges in 2010 Challenge***

Been doing pretty well w/ keeping up with the challenge.
I moisturize and seal daily, but I need to remember to keep
using my Boundless Tresses. It's the massaging that I
need to step up. :yep:

Yeah, the massaging takes some discipline. Five minutes seems to take forever to go by when I'm massaging.

hey ladies i have been faithful to my hairline.. i have applied MTG everyday to every other day.. i also use s-curl for my ends, nape and edges.. i rock loose ponytail.. i also went to the store and purchase a few banana type clips for my ponytails.

Today I used Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14 in 1 and Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème, and topped it of with Hot Six Oil.

Just finished moisturizing and massaging, but my hair is falling out in the nape area. After looking at my finger tips last night and tonight, they are filled with little broken hairs and shedded hairs.

Any suggestions? FYI my hair is currently plaited in twelve braids. I wear either a bonnet or satin scarf to bed. I also where them while at home and underneath my headwrap or hat, whichever I choose to wear. I sleep on my back out of conditioning from pregnancy and recovering from a cervical fracture. I think that the friction from the wrap and hat accompanied by my sleeping position my be the culprits. IDK, what do you think?

Ladies my nape broke off really badly last year because the stylist didnt rinse out the perm properly.

Feb 2008

Picture070-vi.jpg

December 2008
002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

I wore it natural, so I didnt perm it for 11 months. I made sure I moisturized and sealed it at least once a day.

My nape is fine now but now my edges are thinning a bit.:sad: I was wearing my hair back too much with my wig, something I never used to do. I was brushing, gelling it down, trying to get it to look sleek with my headband:rolleyes: and now my temples are suffering. It's not too bad. The rest of my hairline looks full it's just the temples are a little thin.

So count me in, if it's not too late. I already started massaging it daily with a mixture of EVOO, peppermint oil, lavendar, and rosemary but the rosemary expired.

I dont think the peppermint would slow down growth. Nonie, a member here grew out her baldspot with an essential oil mixture and she used peppermint.

Now I am worried because my temples have been feeling sore for 2 weeks now.

Is anyone wearing wigs? I've been french braiding under my wigs for low manipulation, but I dont want to cause damage to my edges and nape either

I'm wearing wigs. I always take out the combs in the half wigs because they cause breakage. My temples thinned out with the wig because I was pushing my hair back all the time and I was brushing it daily and wearing a headband. Now I know better. If you avoid the combs (use bobby pins instead) and avoid pulling your hair back to put tension on your hairline, you should be ok.

My nape needs a lot of help. I am hoping to see some major progress in 2010

“I will apply Essential Oil Mix to my Nape and massage my scalp for 2 - 5 minutes nightly. I will Tie Knots away from the problem area and keep cotton/wool-like fabrics away from my nape and will limit direct heat and chemical applications to my nape.”

My Starting Picture:

picture.php

Forgot about Length Checks!!

To keep us all motivated, we'll do length checks throughout the year!!***
1st - January 1st (starting pic)
2nd - March 15th-30th
3rd - June 15th-June 30th
4th - September 15th - September 30th
5th - December 15th - December 31st (FINAL)

Well hello ladies. I have not posted for a while and I wanted to update. I was using the JBCO, MN, emu oil and neosporin concotion I made up for my nape and edges since the end of Nov. beginning of Dec. but when I took down my braids and straightned my hair for a trim and length check I did not see much difference in my edges or nape. So I am back to using my profectiv temple and nape balm probably for the duration of this challenge:ohwell:. I think I had mentioned before that I suffer from a type of alopecia for several years and it would practically be a miracle to see any hair growing in those areas that have been so sparce or bald for years.:blush: But I did manage to massage my nape and edges for about 10 min with the profectiv treatment and JBCO to seal it in:lick:(I love that stuff..JBCO:yep:) I am including a pic or 2 as an attachment and I hope I can post pics in the future that will be truly inspirational. I actually massaged for two days in a row, then applied my protective style, paying extra special attention to my nape and edges. Until next post ladies! HN&EG

Attachments

• left temple&edge.JPG
    left temple&edge.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 16
  • right side of nape.JPG
    right side of nape.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 19
Just finished moisturizing and massaging, but my hair is falling out in the nape area. After looking at my finger tips last night and tonight, they are filled with little broken hairs and shedded hairs.

Any suggestions? FYI my hair is currently plaited in twelve braids. I wear either a bonnet or satin scarf to bed. I also where them while at home and underneath my headwrap or hat, whichever I choose to wear. I sleep on my back out of conditioning from pregnancy and recovering from a cervical fracture. I think that the friction from the wrap and hat accompanied by my sleeping position my be the culprits. IDK, what do you think?

Maybe its the friction your causing with your hands? Or the pressure your using? Try reucing both x

I will post pics of my edges...they are so sorry looking ;(
“I will apply BT & essential oils to my egdes and massage my scalp for 5 nightly. I will cornrow my nape/edges and will _wear a wig_.”

I'm in! I really need this challenge. My hairline doesn't seem to keep up with the rest of my hair for some reason. I suspect it's from chemical processing. Therefore no relaxers for me till I've accomplished with I need to accomplish which is healthy long strong hair all around.

" I will apply Mizani Comfiderm Scalp oil/Castor Oil to my hairline and massage my scalp for 10 minutes nightly. I will not chemically process and my nape/edges and will sleep in a silk scarf and not put too much tension on them.”

Starting pics taken today 31 December 2009

Attachments

• PC300093.jpg
    PC300093.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PC300097.jpg
    PC300097.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 17
  • PC300098.jpg
    PC300098.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 12
Tonight I used Silk Elements Silken Child Moisturizing Crème mixed with HS 14 in 1 and sealed with Castro and EVOO.

i started my MTG 12/15/2009.. here are start pics
2.jpg

1.jpg

mail.jpg

and 16 days later 1/1/10
(will post later today or tomorrow)

Last edited:
I've been using a mixture of natural glycerine and 8 oils on my nape & edges 2x daily. I know that for some people glycerine makes their hair hard in the wintertime, but this works for me.

So, today was day 1 of this challenge for me. I messaged my nape for 5 minutes using Aphogee Essential Oil for Hair. After my five minutes message, my nape feels like it's emanating heat. Is that normal? :look:

“I will apply MN/MT, Nexxus Biotin Creme and Castor oil (every other night)to my NAPE and Front temples and massage my scalp for 2 mins nightly. I will conrow and silk tie my nape/edges and will wear a phoney pony for protection.

Last edited:
yall be using like 6 products lol.. i just use two. a moist and a leave in conditioner. minial to no heat... and every once n a while MTG..

i have a weave and would hate to have my weave smell burnt by MTG

Did my nape care and massaging yesterday. Will do this every other day since MN is strong. I find premixing MN with conditioner and oil doesn't have the same tingling effect.

Back