JULY Hits and Misses

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
erica,
how much was the spright shower filter and where did u find it? Hard water is a problem for me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Leslie
wave.gif

I purchased my shower filter at solutionsforhealthyliving.com

It was under $40.00

If I find the exact link I will edit this post.

http://www.solutionsforhealthyliving.com/store/Stores/Solutionsforhealthyliving/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Item_ID=2599

Hits:
Empress Conditioning Shampoo and Leave-In
EVOO
Jamaican Lime & Mango Cactus Oil
Silk Elements Repair Mask
African Pride Hair Mayonnaise

Misses:
NTM Healing Shine Serum---left my hair feeling dry after 2 hours
NTM Silky Touch Leave-In--did nothing for my hair
Hawaiian Silky Neutralizing Shampoo--smells awful and left my hair feeling brittle. I'll stick to my Proclaim Neutralizing Shampoo

Hit- Queen Helene Garlic Shampoo and Conditioner. The shampoo is completely SLS free and super gentle. The conditioner was very moisturizing, castor oil was the 3rd ingredient so maybe that's why.

Misses: Proclaim Tea Tree DeFrizz Hairdress - extremely drying. Left my hair crunchy dry, that's bad. My hair felt like croutons.

HITS

Coconut oil
Fantasia IC Silky Gel Activator/Moisturizer - this one's more like a rediscovery because it's working like a charm since I'm completely natural now. It worked like crap when I was texturized.

MISSES - none for this month

I gave it another chance and tried
HIT :Freeman Binge Give it a swirl on damp hair to create finger curls dries soft shiny and bouncy.
Shape FX curl reaction same effect, so i mixed them together and I have a super duper curl enhancer.

Drumroll the winning hit VO 5 strawnerries and cream as a leave in shake and go ...talk about tooo too soft hair
love.gif

Those bendy foam like spiral rods that come in various sizes , helps with those curls that will not behave, hair pins do the trick as well just wind the section around the hair pin or through it like a zigzag an stick it in yr hair, pull it out whe dry and you have a perfect curl.
MISS: Vo 5 Hydrators conditioners , made my hair rough.
nono.gif

Misses-
African Organics shea butter and tea tree oil cream moisturizer---blah!!!

Hits-
ABBA BOTZ Ultimate styling creme- im in love with this stuff, and it has sun screen!!!!

Hits:

Kenra MC
Elasta QP stimulating poo

Misses:
Salerm protein poo
Scurl gel
AO Island spice rinse (too lite, no slip whatsoever)

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Dolce- I use it and love it. It hasn't caught on here yet but it is a staple for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it really make your hair smoother/silkier? Does it really cut down drying time?

Undecided, but mostly misses

Tropical Avocado Conditioner- to watery, and hair not soft when dry

Tropical Wheat Germ Conditioner- the wheat germ is great going on, but my hair was very frizzy when dry.

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Dolce- I use it and love it. It hasn't caught on here yet but it is a staple for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it really make your hair smoother/silkier? Does it really cut down drying time?

[/ QUOTE ]

100% YES. I get no slip with all the high slip items mentioned on this board. This is the only product that no matter how many weeks post relaxer, how few minutes I leave it on, that I get slip. My hair does dry in exactly 30% less time like it says it would. 40 minutes with it as opposed to one hour without it.

Hits:

Ouidad Climate Control Gel (rocks), Curl Quencher conditioner, and Deep Treatment.

Misses:
Infusium - I tried the fine hair formula. Ick.

NTM leave in has officially turned on me. It makes my hair too soft and I have tons of breakage when I wet bun or rollerset with it.

On the fence:
Suave Mango Peach...sometimes it works and sometimes
ohwell.gif

Lottabody Ready to Use Setting Lotion. The set came out great and my hair held up well humidity and frizz wise - but it made my hair kind of dry the next day and the days following the wash.

Have to do a second post, i just tried some new stuff

Hits
Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
Kenra Daily Provision Leave In Conditioner

Hits
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
AG Re:Coil curl cream
Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo

Just OKAY
Jessicurl line
Redken Smooth Down conditioner

Next to Try
Curve Curly Pudding

Hi!! This is my 3rd post since I joined this site. I thought I knew a lot about hair care, but you've all taught me a LOT! TIA...

Anywho, I rediscovered African Pride Braid Sheen Spray and I'm using it as a daily mister. I bought it a year ago to use on my cornrows, and I forgot I had it. I found it yesterday while I was purging my hair products, it's loaded with a lot of goodies. It's a keeper for me.
smile.gif

Adding Rysell Tropical Coconut Hair Treatment to my list. This stuff is great. Super thick...and moisturizing. I finally have 3 conditioners that are my staples, and I won't be trying any other conditioners for a while...
clap.gif

Hits:

Coconut milk + Aubrey GBP (my wet hair has never clumped together so well)

ACV + Suave Milk and Honey (to lessen the ACV smell)

I bought some aloe vera gel but I probably wont use that until August.

[ QUOTE ]
SVT said:
Hits:
ACV + Suave Milk and Honey (to lessen the ACV smell)

[/ QUOTE ]

That should read ACV + water + Suave Milk & Honey
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
Hits:

Kenra Straightening Serum

No Misses.

I havent bought anything this month.. just got a bunch of samples.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah.. the Baggie Method is a hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

more hits..

Kenra MC
Kenra Daily Provision

Misses:
Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo & Conditioner

Yes!! So glad it worked for you, Sassygirl! I have yet to try the conditioner.

Hits:
-Suave Milk & Honey (as usual; used for condition washes)
-Suave Mango Peach (felt JUST like the Milk & honey the 1st few times I used it, smells really good--b/f picked it out
smile.gif
; used for condition washes )

Miss:
-Suave Lavender (smells good, but didn't feel good in my hair, will try again though)
-Mixing Castor oil into my Suave Milk & Honey
naughty.gif
(was less moisturizing, made hair too thick)
-Clumping Eco styler gel into a shake & go
naughty.gif
(left small balls of hardened rubber-like "things" in my hair
frown.gif
)

BIG MISS. PhytoCitrus......

barf.gif

Felt like glue on my hair. I had to wash it again after I used the conditioner. Yuck.

Hits

- Joico KPak Serum on wet hair
- Liv on wet hair
- Elasta QP Feels Like Silk

Undecided

- Razac Perfect for Perms Leave-In Conditioner

More Hits:

Kenra Moisturizing Condr
Kenra Daily Leave In Condr

Terme Hair Restructurizer-protein treatment.

I used all of these on the same wash day...Was very impressed with all of them.

Back