It's possible! 0" to SL in 1 year! (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Welcome to LHCF! :lol: @Beautytalk69

How do you see people showing length? Isn't it the hair in the back being pulled down? I mean, many of us don't have our hair cut like this:
w1042.jpg

whereby the back is so short so that the crown falls to the same level as the back. Most people have all their hair the same length, so that hair at the top of their head may only reach their ears while that lower back reaches further down. Like if this hair were to be straightened, the back may be at BSL but not the front. But if you looked at her from behind, it's where the straight hair falls that would have you calling her length...or I should say LHCF. LOL

images

Every photo you have seen on the forum showing progress shows the view from the back. And it is the hair that is lowest on our head ie nape that will reaches farthest down.

That mannequin scares me. Looks like a serial killer :look:

Congrats OP! Folks MUST be looking at the wrong picture or else we are in the Twilight Zone :lachen::lachen: But hey, if the chart says it is there, then go on head and claim it! Achieving full SL/CBL must feel good :yep:

I can bun MY hair... Still doesn't fall much lower than @Charla

this is what i imagine the op hair to look like straightened going off of the 4th pic that looks blowdried? which isnt shoulder length to me

The op has the right to claim whatever she wants just as people have the right to disagree it has nothing to do with hate or stealing the op shine so now we cant disagree without people thinking there's malice involved??

I thanked the op original post as she made great progress and her hair looks healthy doesnt mean i then have to agree she is shoulder length or im somehow bitter about it sigh

These are shoulders:
images

This is a neck:
ZDF_Body-Neck.gif

The two are connected. :giggle: Where NL ends, SL begins.

I think some of you are looking at the length of the hair instead of looking at the place on her body it falls. It's not her fault that some of us have giraffe necks so our hair would not be at SL at that length. Hers is.

EndofNLStartofSL-vi.png

If her hair were straightened, it'd probably be touching her shoulders kinda like this:
rb-short-layers-bangs-55-0809-de.jpg

I have to say, I've seen quite a few questionable length checks on lhcf, along with questionable responses to said length checks, but I would never go in and tell that person their hair is actually xyz length. I just don't see the point and I think it comes off rude and catty, even if it isn't meant that way.

In this case though, I do see SL. I don't know if it's full SL because it isn't straight, but it is definitely SL, so congrats OP! I love accurate length checks, lol.

Sent from my HTC Evo

I can bun MY hair... Still doesn't fall much lower than Charla

Exactly! Being able to create styles does not a length determine. Size of head matters ( and LadyRaider can tell you that absence of neck doesn't disqualify either. :lol: ).

My big head couldn't form a bun when my hair was just SL. I could just about make it to a ponytail. Trying to make a bun was a joke, unless I was going for a "Where's the bun?" look. So if I were going by that, I'd only now be calling my hair SL. :look:

The thing that I just cannot seem to understand is how can we re-define anatomy? Even in the example pics JeterCrazed posted, her hair is literally laying on her shoulders...yet she is not SL either? I am really not trying to be funny, but how is that not SL? Something can't lay on something if it hasn't reached it :look: If folks believe that you must have hair from your crown (not nape) reach the shoulders before you can claim it or it must reach there unstretched if your hair is curly, then I can understand why they don't believe the OP has reached SL yet. But no one has stated that when saying it wasn't achieved, hence the confusion. Maybe if ppl posted their criteria, the discussion would be more constructive...no one has addressed Nonie's questions either, which could also help clarify things. I don't think people want everyone to agree, but they want to know concrete reasons why they don't. Just my thoughts

this is what i imagine the op hair to look like straightened going off of the 4th pic that looks blowdried? which isnt shoulder length to me

The op has the right to claim whatever she wants just as people have the right to disagree it has nothing to do with hate or stealing the op shine so now we cant disagree without people thinking there's malice involved??

I thanked the op original post as she made great progress and her hair looks healthy doesnt mean i then have to agree she is shoulder length or im somehow bitter about it sigh

Embyra, if you're talking about the photo that was taken in August, do you realize she could've grown a full inch since then with her anal PSing? Already that hair has her entire neck covered meaning it's reached that line where NL ends and SL begins. What's more, when her hair appears to have a slight wave which would be ironed out with straightening. I don't know how y'all can question her being SL. Like Foxxylocs, I've seen questionable lengths get a pass and kudos, so not sure why this which is so obvious to me gets the side-eye. At first I thought it was coz people were expecting it to look like that tranny mannequin's cut, but if not, then I am lost like everyone else. :lol:

Where's LadyRaider when I need her?

Claud! We can turn any thread into a great debate 'round these parts.

Great progress OP!

Sent from my iPhone.

I claim healthy & texlaxed :yep: Let the debate begin... but without me :yawn:

Sent from my iPhone.

:yawn: back atcha. Has every bloody person lost their sense of humor today?

'sup JeterCrazed! :wave: At least you and I aren't seeing why folks have their panties in a bunch. I's tryna shed some light, others be squinting and tilting heads and seeing paralax or somep'n.

:yawn: back atcha. Has every bloody person lost their sense of humor today?

'sup @JeterCrazed! :wave: At least you and I aren't seeing why folks have their panties in a bunch. I's tryna shed some light, others be squinting and tilting heads and seeing paralax or somep'n.

Hey, gourl!! I just wanna see the logic, is all. Since it's a forum about long hair, and length is a number which should not be subject to opinion, I am truly interested in ALL responses. All this sounds like asymptotes and imaginary numbers to me.

Nonie
I can't really follow what the argument is about here. But no one in any of the pictures in this thread seems to have a fat head and no neck... at least to the degree I have. So...

I'm glad I'm a failure at taking photos. There are advantages...

Embyra, if you're talking about the photo that was taken in August, do you realize she could've grown a full inch since then with her anal PSing? Already that hair has her entire neck covered meaning it's reached that line where NL ends and SL begins. What's more, when her hair appears to have a slight wave which would be ironed out with straightening. I don't know how y'all can question her being SL. Like Foxxylocs, I've seen questionable lengths get a pass and kudos, so not sure why this which is so obvious to me gets the side-eye. At first I thought it was coz people were expecting it to look like that tranny mannequin's cut, but if not, then I am lost like everyone else. :lol:

Where's LadyRaider when I need her?

If you have a few ends of your hair touching waist length doesnt mean your waist length TO ME if you want to claim those 10 pieces of hair by all means do so

I dont class the op as shoulder length length in the pics im seeing and quite frankly all the back and forth pictures not changing that

Im entitled to not agree to someone's personal definition of what makes them think xyz its just that my opinion
If the op thinks its rude of me then sorry but i didnt think people would think someone not agreeing with hair length is rude/hating/ shine stealing etc

If that was me i would have told them im claiming and what? i just wouldnt care

Last edited:
OP congrats on your length on your HHJ. I can see why others may have thought you were nape length. When I first viewed the photos it appeared to me that you were nape length too, possibly because you can't see your actual shoulders in the pic but if you really look, you CAN see where your shoulder blades would be. I believe if the photo were further back like the august photo, it would be more easily noticed. But after reading this controversial thread I just HAD to go back and examine the photographic evidence for myself. I've enjoyed this episode of CSI: Curl Stretching Investigation.

Charla congrats on your progress lady. So happy for you. I see that people are looking at the pic you clearly have labeled with an August date and taking that as your current length and trying to throw you off your game. This is LHCF. Everyone is gonna have something to say. But you don't have to please anyone but yourself. We're gonna cheer you on no matter how salty and bitter broads are on here.

I'll catch you in APL 2012 mama :yep:

Why would someone be bitter and salty over SL-hair? There are women here with WL & hip-length hair...why would a person need to throw shade at collarbone or nape-length? -__-

My hair is APL, not long by LHCF stsndards...but I passed SL a long time ago and have cut and grown my hair back twice, so it matters naught to me what the literal definition is. I originally was not going to comment, but I did to make it clear that I agreed with those who don't see SL.

OP wrote that dramatic title, which was bound to spark a reaction.

Nonie I would like to respond to your question about what others think SL is, but I am on my phone. In short, resting on shoulders is not the same as touching shoulders.

MID Back Length=halfway between your shoulder blades and booty (the middle of your back).

BSL is wherever you fasten your bra at. If it is the middle of your back then so be it.

Last edited:
OP, congrats--great progress.
Nonie - giraffe necks. :lol: I'll take the bait, what length am I? :giggle:
Note to self, don't start a length thread without military grade body armor. j/k

@Carmelella, none of you are answering my question. What if hair doesn't "literally" touch shoulders without being stretched coz it coils? Or what if hair is all the same length like an afro, what length would you call it, if you wanted to use the chart? What part of it would you consider the correct length on your body?

I say that to my knowledge we don't have any "Win a Million Dollar Hair Challenges" nor is anyone selling a product so whatever, and whichever way the OP would like to measure should be satisfactory. As long as they are fair and don't make ridiculous claims and have comparison pics.

Some people here are against straightening so if they would like respectable/encouraging comments as long as they use the same general comparison (puff growth, fro width, stretched length, flat ironed straight, etc) then it should be acceptable.

I don't see the sense in using braided hair or densely shrunken hair as a comparison unless you are showing HUGE changes. It would be a tad suspect otherwise because in the same day I could braid the same chunk of hair and have it look different lengths.
:spinning:
I really liked the diagrams that you put up and felt like the general lines are pretty accurate and agreeable. And again, its all about the comparison. I mean there are some heavier and shorter people here who don't appear to have much of a neck. We can't get on them for not having clearly defined landmarks.

I personally stretch the front of my hair (bangs) and the neck area. However, now that I BC'ed my hand can't stretch like that so i'll be using side pics to check growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back