It's possible! 0" to SL in 1 year! (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hair_reduction_back_before.jpg
[/QUOTE]

icantwithyou:lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: @ Nonie girl yes go lay down. You done pulled out the whole medical dictionary. You got me looking back at my bio degree in this mug. Lumbar and cervical spine? Girl stop :lachen::lachen: Just please do not use ICD9 and CPT coding along with it.

But before you go lay down, can you explain this to me what length this is? I was thinking tailbone.

Correction @Tamrin, that was Mane_Attraction pulling out the medical dictionary terms. I was just wondering why we had to go that far to just explain where hair falls on the exterior body. No one is looking at bones when looking a dressed human so why do we need to know the position of various vertebra to ID the location of a part of the body when simple English terms like "middle of the back" and "below shoulder blade" and "shoulder" suffice. *shrug*

For your hairy dude, looks like he's marking BSB (top white mark on the right), the second mark (on the left could be MBL), the third white mark is a little higher than WSL IMO. See, and I did that w/o knowing what his bones are called or where they are. Easy peasy!

ETA Tamrin, you're a foo-el! :lachen: I just noticed your avatar. :dead:

Last edited:
Correction @Tamrin, that was Mane_Attraction pulling out the medical dictionary terms. I was just wondering why we had to go that far to just explain where hair falls on the exterior body. No one is looking at bones when looking a dressed human so why do we need to know the position of various vertebra to ID the location of a part of the body when simple English terms like "middle of the back" and "below shoulder blade" and "shoulder" suffice. *shrug*

For your hairy dude, looks like he's marking BSB (top white mark on the right), the second mark (on the left could be MBL), the third white mark is a little higher than WSL IMO. See, and I did that w/o knowing what his bones are called or where they are. Easy peasy!

ETA Tamrin, you're a foo-el! :lachen: I just noticed your avatar. :dead:

:lachen::lachen: for that I'm sending you to bed. You are too much today.

rhony-beth-gotosleep.gif

@ the Avatar, i'm keeping this ***** I earned it.

Last edited:
So I'm supposed to be studying for my anatomy exam but now I don't feel guilty about being on lhcf because I just got a review up in here! lol

Who took the back shot of a werewolf?:blush::lachen: This thread was a celebration of someone's retention, not a seminar!:look: I'm never ever posting a length shot.:nono:

Lol Nonie, it really isnt all that complicated at all (or maybe im just used to palpation and estimating vertebrae levels myself). As for fat people chiros, do deal with a lot of obese patients but we just have to do a good estimation of where the levels are. The purpose of my explanation was for everyone to see precisely where these levels are. You can easily look at someones back and figure out where T3 or T8 may be at (or at least I thought so).

Who doesnt know what an ilium is:look: Its the human body & I think everyone should be able to understand and know a few simple facts about their own selves.

Thing is, there are just so many inconsistencies with determining length, that I just believe using the dang skeleton is a more precise way since many people on this board are always arguing about exactly where the location is (since these topics come up a few times each year). I say this because the skeleton majority of the time is consistent to everyone regardless of how tall or fat one is. AND because you can not dispute the skeleton.

Besides yall was bringing up pictures of skeletons and talking about clavicles and stuff so I figured it may help someone out. I guess it didnt, oh well my bad I just really love anatomy since its apart of my field of learning :ohwell:

Last edited:

What does this hairy back monster have to do with anything......

Nevamind I see.... I hope his hair does not go all down to his behind..... Sorry.....carry on.......

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

This child has no neck. He will never be able to achieve anything other than ear length.

Serious questions for the medical types... What happened to his neck? Did his fat head gobble it up (my theory) or did his shoulders do the deed?

I'll hang up and listen. :look:

Lol Nonie, it really isnt all that complicated at all (or maybe im just used to palpation and estimating vertebrae levels myself). As for fat people chiros, do deal with a lot of obese patients but we just have to do a good estimation of where the levels are. The purpose of my explanation was for everyone to see precisely where these levels are. You can easily look at someones back and figure out where T3 or T8 may be at (or at least I thought so).

Who doesnt know what an ilium is:look: Its the human body & I think everyone should be able to understand and know a few simple facts about their own selves.

Thing is, there are just so many inconsistencies with determining length, that I just believe using the dang skeleton is a more precise way since many people on this board are always arguing about exactly where the location is (since these topics come up a few times each year). I say this because the skeleton majority of the time is consistent to everyone regardless of how tall or fat one is. AND because you can not dispute the skeleton.

Besides yall was bringing up pictures of skeletons and talking about clavicles and stuff so I figured it may help someone out. I guess it didnt, oh well my bad I just really love anatomy since its apart of my field of learning :ohwell:

It helped me and I agree with what you said. Some are too busy worrying about nouns & adverbs to focus on reality though. *shrugs*

Sorry, I call this BS. Bone names have never had anything to do with body parts. So no, what we calls shoulders is what shoulders are. Who said that bone names determined body parts? Where on earth did you get this lie from?

The word "shoulder" came into the English language before the 12th century. It referred and has always referred to the top part of the torso that starts from the bottom of the neck to the part where the arm joins the torso. So what do you mean it's inaccurate? :huh: The word scapula aka shoulder blade came into the English language in 1578 and refers to the trianglular bone in the back. The shoulder girdle is covered with flesh and skin and is that top surface after you've added flesh and skin that is SHOULDER. Not the bones. :look:

I don't understand how come you are not able to separate science from everyday language. I mean, no one speaking in layman terms talks about tibia, femur etc. And you are wrong about there not being any other part of the body that has names that don't correspond with the bones. I just talked about hips and hipbone earlier. One's way higher than the other. I mean, if you're going to be so literal, then what's the funny bone? Is it near the funny? And is the collar bone up by the neck where the collar sits? And why do we have one breast bone when we have two breast and why isn't it inside the breasts? (Oh dear, it's in the wrong place!). :nuts:

'
I'm neither, but I also did anatomy and physiology and also took English and I know enough to know that the two fields should not be confused with each other. The only time a bone becomes important in this hair chart is when it's a bone that sticks out (like the collarbone which happens to be at the lowest level of shoulder so works as a check for "final point of SL"; and the shoulder blade because it too sticks out in the back at the point where BSL would be so works better since its position is constant; and the hipbone, because it too sticks out right after the waist) so you can feel it outside the skin. The other parts are obvious: waist goes in, hips go out, tailbone is at the top of butt crack, middle of back is halfway down the back, etc.

ummmm... no matter how you try to rearrange it for the sake of arguing, you can not relocate the shoulders on the body. I love a good debate, but when we start getting all sarcastic and stuff with each other, that's where it ends for me because you are obviously taking it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy too personal.

And, yes the SHOULDER is often misnamed because a lot of people don't know where it really is. So, if we are indeed being technical - shoulder length ain't where the majority of LHCF says it is. No matter how right you try to make yourself. But, you say you studied anatomy & english so what I'm explaining shouldn't be all that difficult for you to grasp.

the tibia & fibula (leg bones) are right there where you touch your leg.
the funny bone - no such thing. :lol: I'll laugh on that one just for the sake of lightening the mood.

the hips are where the hip bone is - or should I say the pelvis? I mean if you wanna stay technical.

the breast bone is behind the breast (both breasts) and it connects with your sternum.

So i said all of that too say, whatever.

Let Nonie be right, obviously she shall not rest until she is. Where's the wand so you can wave your know it all fairy dust over LHCF land and be deemed the goddess of hair length??

You keep bringing up this "english language" mess, what the heck does have to do with human anatomy? No matter what language you use, you cannot alter it based on your own personal designations of a where it is in English versus where it really is in anatomy. Hunh? I mean, where they do dat at??

:fairy2::reddancer::saythat::peace:

I have no problems with you whatsover, but you cannot expect to cop this mocking/condescending attitude towards me and not expect to get it back.

wrong is wrong is wrong. I don't care how long you been on this board or how much you think you know or how many posters worship you because of your ability to post a chart.

Lawd, chile please. I try to be right with folks but please don't play me to the left. :nono::nono::nono:

A simple discussion is about to get this thread locked. I mean really, how much sense does that make? I'm saying my neck but I really meant my ankle. Or, I'm saying foot in English but I really mean my butt. That's about the dumbest thang I ever heard.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I say my ear, I really mean my ear - In English, in Anatomy, sign language or any other method I communicate in. I don't say one part and mean something else cuz in English it's one thing and in science it's another. :perplexed But, maybe that's just me, so I'll leave it at that. No matter how you say it - it is what it is and you cannot change what it is just because your communication, comprehension, understanding or whatever is off.

Last edited:
And, yes the SHOULDER is often misnamed because a lot of people don't know where it really is. So, if we are indeed being technical - shoulder length ain't where the majority of LHCF says it is. .

So where is IT and I'm not talking about no hair or no length check

Where the fork is my shoulder

Omg I'm having a panic attack now I done miss-located my shoulder

I've had enough of this board you heffers done made my shoulder disappear

Where the heck is my shoulder

Give my back my shoulderrrrrrrr

It's been right here all my life why did you move it whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Eta: I'm so distort I need a shoulder to lean on

Oh no no one can help me cause y'all don't know where your shoulders are at

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Between this thread and the damn LHCF header telling me how to prevent/kill lice, I don't know which is more a P.I.T.A.! We had science lessons, children songs, werewolf lookin' pics, .gifs and whatever else I forgot to mention. I officially hate SL! Ihatechu dammit and wished you never existed. People should just go from neck length to APL! DAMN YOU SHOULDER LENGTH!

Ladybelle, you must be the first human I have met who is about to educate the world on a new location of the shoulder. I can take everything else in this thread, even the scientific talk, but this is taking it to a whole new level of GTFOOHWTBS.

Senior man blowing bubbles, girl leaning on shoulder

Mid-adult woman sitting at desk stretching, and hands on shoulder

Man receiving shoulder massage, eyes closed

English definition:

shoul‧der1
body part
[countable] one of the two parts of the body at each side of the neck where the arm is connected:

shoulder noun ( BODY PART )/ˈʃəʊl.dər//ˈʃoʊl.dɚ/ n
Definition
• one of the two parts of the body at each side of the neck which join the arms to the rest of the body
I rested my head on her shoulder.
Then she put her arm round my shoulder and gave me a kiss.
She glanced nervously over her shoulder to make sure no one else was listening.​

shoulders

• the top part of a person's back
He was about six feet tall with broad shoulders.
"I don't know what to do about it, " said Martha, shrugging her shoulders.

• the parts of a piece of clothing which cover the wearer's shoulders
The shoulders look a bit tight. Do you want to try a larger size?
a jacket with padded shoulders

• the part of a bottle that curves out below its opening

Nowhere will you see shoulder referring to bones coz no one but you scientists give a rat's arse what bones are called or what they are doing. Some of us may never discuss any of these bones if we never have any need for medical attention referring to them. My grandma hasn't got a clue what the scapula is but she can show you shoulder and she can show you her hip bone. When she hurt her hip, she said she hurt her hip-joint and it wasn't around the hipbone but near her hip. Coz "normal" people don't think about bones that they cannot see unless the bones need some attention. Why should we when we have names for the parts we CAN see?. So only you refer to a bone when you say "shoulder". The rest of the world does not. God forbid you ever need to refer to your earlobe or abs. You'll be so lost coz there's no bone. :lol:

Mane_Attraction, I had no idea what ilium was till I took Anatomy and Physiology, but you can bet your bottom dollar I knew what a hipbone was. Not everyone is fascinated or interested in learning about the human body like that. That's why you're in that field and many of us are not, and to those of us not in that field, you're speaking Greek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back