It's Friday! WOOT-WOOT! Whatcha doin with your hair this weekend?

Nothing!
Got it up in a French braid. I finally figured out how to do a French braid thanks to Youtube!
I made some whipped up some shea butter with coconut oil & jojoba oil and that will go on my hair later. Tomorrow I'll deep condition and rollerset.
Oooh, can you post the link please? I can't french braid to save my life :ohwell:

This weekend i will be clarifing my hair and deep conditioning w/wen fig cleansing conditioner & Aussie moist conditioner with Heat for about an hour.

I started my weekend on Wednesday :look: and this is what I did:

1) Overnight treatment using WEN Bath, Body and Hair Oil (5 droppers) on scalp and hair.

2) Next day - rinse out oil and shampoo hair for Ovation Cell Therapy Treatment (5-6 hours under a conditioning cap)

3) Rinse with Ovation Creme Rinse and airdry.

4) When hair is dry, saturated hair with WEN Cleansing Conditioner and sat under hair steamer for 30 minutes and then went to bed.

5) Next day - rinse out WEN, re-apply WEN as a leave-in, apply WEN Styling Creme, scrunch ends and airdry (I didn't even detangle). Used Good Hair Days Pins to create a textured faux sloppy chignon and went to the movies to see Transformers. :yep:

At 9 weeks post, my new growth is all coiled and curly and love how my curls are peeking through my relaxed strands. I like it! :up: Makes me want to transition.

I got a jump on my weekend, I already did my Henna & Indigo and deep conditioning. I even gave myself a little dusting, so the weekend will be playtime for my hair. :)

Oooh, can you post the link please? I can't french braid to save my life :ohwell:

Of course! Here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF8klzLdoVs

It was surprisingly simple. My sister said not to look in the mirror when doing this or you'll get hella confused :grin:

My first attempt
image.php

I just co-washed with Suave, and I'm deep condtioning with Queen Helene Cholesterol as I type right now, after I wash that out I will apply Nexxus Headress and a little Victoria Secret So Sexy( for smell) and then apply a little vatika coconut oil on the ends. I will braid my hair up and let dry, the texture will be perfect for the new wavy half wig that I'm going to rock this weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/Blackrose081

I'm going to be washing and deep conditioning tonight probably, allowing my hair to airdry, then straightening tomorrow. I will be putting some So Sexy in my hair afterward I got someone coming by :giggle:

Tomorrow I will wash with Aphogee deep moisture then add aphogee 2 minute for about 15 minutes, rinse, deep condition with my mixture of Pantene R&N, honey, EVOO, and coconut oil under heat for about an hour. Rinse, add Porosity Control for 5 minutes, rinse and air dry..(deep breath)..lol

I'm gonna wash/condition with my new KBB products. And then I'm gonna twist for a twist-out. I've been living by twistouts as of late.

Hm. good question. I am going to try to do a kalpi tone deep condition and then a arithra wash. I need to make some more kalpi tone tea..I use like 8oz of tea per 3 washes!

I'm doing a protein treatment today with eggs. Then I'll rinse with a cheap moisturising conditioner.

I didn't deep condition or do a protein treatment, I have family visiting and had too much on my plate. I pre-poo'd with coconut oil and conditioner washed with Suave. I did the twists, and hopefully my twistout will look decent tomorrow.

Today is my wash day. I'm going to try out the Nexxus line today and see how it works out. Wash with Therappe followed by a treatment with Keraphix , DC with Humectress and then use Humectress Luxe as a leave in.

Last edited:
Nothing, lol. I went to shop and got it pressed yesterday. I'm not doing anything this weekend, dh and dd are away. So my hair will stay under my scarf all weekend long.

hmm...I think I'll just keep it simple this weekend... cowash and DC. My hair is acting funny again...whenever it's close to relaxer time it just starts being difficult!

I used a clarifying shampoo for the first time in my life on Thursday and followed that with my normal moisturizing shampoo and dc. My hair still feels soooooo soft today and I know it's because I clarified. I still think I will cowash tonight since the temp today will be over 100. Plus, I just love having a reason to wash my hair!

My style of choice will be my usual bun. It's too hot for anything else anyway!

Henna today 4.5 hours & DC with Lekair + ORS Olive Oil Pack for 30 min w/ht. WHEW!
Getting ready to start amla co-washes next week. Working out 5-6 days = sweaty hair. :(

I'm going to flat iron for the first time in at least 7 months.
My roots are WAY thick.
I'm going to shampoo w/ HE LTR, do a protein for a few minutes, then NTM deep hair mask for maybe an hour with my gold conditioning cap, then rinse and air dry with Chi silk infusion (just bought it and paid through the nose :nono:, I hope it's really good).
Once I've air dried and detangled, I'm going to flat iron. if it looks like i'll need more protection while ironing, I'll put on some of the rusk smoother leave-in since it has cones.
I won't wear my hair down, but I might put it on flexirods.

Fri.: Marinating in shikaki oil.

Sat.: Using indian powders for wash; DC'ing (crece pelo and silicon mix); and rinsing hair with brahmi tea. Moisturizing, and sealing with Vatika oil. Bantu knots.

I'm 12 wks post, so I will be prepping for my relaxer at the 13 wk mark. So, I will be using ADR poo, followed by 30 treatment with ADR reconstructor, and the ADR cond. I'm going to do my normal rollerset for nice bouncy curls for church tomorrow. The rest of the week I will finger my hair into a loose bun. Relaxing Friday July 3rd! After this relaxer, I plan to do a personal challenge to see if I can stretch past 16 wks.

Last edited:
Yesterday I washed with CON green
Sprayed hair with NPF and then added Aphogee 2 mins on top and let that sit for 10 mins
DCed with left over protein from last week mixed with Nexxus Humectress for 45 mins under heating cap
Sprayed hair with FSP and let that sit for a min

Fri.: Marinating in shikaki oil.

Sat.: Using indian powders for wash; DC'ing (crece pelo and silicon mix); and rinsing hair with brahmi tea. Moisturizing, and sealing with Vatika oil. Bantu knots.
Have you tried DC'ing, washing with the powders, and then using the tea (and doing a quick conditioner rinse)?
It really cuts down on time. The tea cleanses your hair also so you end up with clean moisturized hair!
I usually oil my hair with a mixture of oils containing amla, shikakai, and brahmi, deep condition with conditioner mixed with amla/brahmi/kalpi tone, wash with the powder mix, tea rinse, then quick con wash and detangle.
It only takes a couple minutes and you can always DC overnight! :yep:

Although It's Not "Officially" Friday....Many of us are Off From Work tomorrow leading up to the 4th of July!:yay:

I want to do my Hair tonight, but will probably wait until tomorrow. Here is My Plan:

1)Pre-Poo with Phytopolleine Botanical Scalp Stimulant *feels very tingly like tea tree & peppermint EO's
2) Clarify Co-Wash with Avalon Organics Lemon, Shea Butter and Babbasu Oil Clarifying Conditioener * Follow up with Millcreek Keratin or Jason Biotin Co-Wash
3) Use either Giovanni Nutra-Fix Reconstructor or Millenia Mud Reconstructor
4) Deep Condition with Steam Aubrey Organics Blue Camomile Hydrating Conditioner
5) Final Rinse Porosity Control
6) Apply Fermodyl 619, Alba Botanica Leave-In or Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-In
7) Use Gel, Serum and BBD Stretch to Mold for Phony-Bunning

Although It's Not "Officially" Friday....Many of us are Off From Work tomorrow leading up to the 4th of July!:yay:
I want to do my Hair tonight, but will probably wait until tomorrow. Here is My Plan:
1)Pre-Poo with Phytopolleine Botanical Scalp Stimulant *feels very tingly like tea tree & peppermint EO's
2) Clarify Co-Wash with Avalon Organics Lemon, Shea Butter and Babbasu Oil Clarifying Conditioener * Follow up with Millcreek Keratin or Jason Biotin Co-Wash
3) Use either Giovanni Nutra-Fix Reconstructor or Millenia Mud Reconstructor
4) Deep Condition with Steam Aubrey Organics Blue Camomile Hydrating Conditioner
5) Final Rinse Porosity Control
6) Apply Fermodyl 619, Alba Botanica Leave-In or Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-In
7) Use Gel, Serum and BBD Stretch to Mold for Phony-Bunning
Ooooh, use the Millennia Mud! It's really good!!! :grin:

Well, since I'm here, I might as well post what I'm doing too :look:

I shampood with Desert Essence Italian Red Grape Poo and I'm now dc'ing overnight with AO Rosa Mosqueta. After I rinse it out tomorrow, I'll wet bun with Surya Henna Color Fixation Leave-In :grin:

Back