February 24,25,26...What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Care Plans??

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hi All You Beautiful Ladies:

Yessss...the Weekend is Upon Us. So, what are you doing this Weekend to Nurture & Nourish Your Lovely Strands?

Tonight, I plan to Hendigo. So, I'll:

Co-Cleanse 1st with Darcy's Botanicals Daily Cleansing Conditioner
Apply Henna/Indigo.

Either Leave-In overnight mixed or....do a 2 Step & Stay Up Most of the Night? (will decide later:ohwell: cuz....) *I despise Sleeping in Product*

Rinse out Henna/Indigo with a Bottle of Suave Coconut.

Do a Coffee Rinse and DC with Marie Dean's Peach Syrup.

Tea Rinse

Apply Leave-In & Dry under Dryer...

And YOU???????

My weekend is busy so I'm gonna do this now:

Already got my tea rinse with chamomile, nettle, honey jasmine with apricot, peanut and some other oil I can't remember soakin in the strands right now.

About to whip up my mask: banana, coconut milk and little more oil (whatever's left). Let that sit with a cap while I rake the leaves out the yard.

Clear that out with bakin soda to the scalp (it's the only thing that soothes my eczema flare ups which I'm having now). Plus my fro seems reluctant to let the banana bits go sometimes. lol

ACV and nettle rinse.

Thinking I'll toss on a little Griffin Remedy Conditioner as a DC and let that sit an hour too.

Better get started. Time's a wastin!

ETA: Sealin all that with shea and coco butter, which I just bought. woohoo

Mist likely nothing but if I do, I will deep condition on Sunday with either my silk elements or something new (haven't figured out yet). Twist with some peach aloe pomade? Idk yet.

I got my hair cut this week :)
I have rollers in my hair right now I will be rocking a nice beach wave set.

I shampoo'd with Wen Ginger Pumpkin & Wen Fig mixed
Used Nexxus Emergencee
Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner

Rocking a roller set :)

I will be trying out 4 new products this weekend: AO White Camelia, SM Moisture Retention Shampoo, AO Egyptian Henna Rinse and Uncle Funky Curly Magic Gel. Also trying out a new regimen as follows:

1) Deep Condition
2) Shampoo
3) Condition
4) Rinse
5) Style

Very excited!

I will be
Pre-pooing with AO HSR
Shampooing w/ As I Am Cleansing Cream
Doing a tea rinse
Conditioning w/ Aussie Moist
DC w/ Jessicurl DC Tx
Using CJ smoothing lotion as a leave in
Then styling hair into twists using Camille Rose's Twisting Butter- love this one and it smells like sugar cookies.

Feb. 24th
Just cowashed with the L'Oréal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner. It smells strong but good plus it cleans nicely. I like that it is easy to apply, massage in, and rinse from my cornrows. Will need to use it some more to know if it will be a staple; I will use it as a mid-week cowash to clean the sweat away after workouts.

Feb. 25 & 26
Don't think I will be doing much with my hair. Won't be washing this week since I can't be bothered (cowashed already instead.) Will probably moisturize and seal at some point.

When I get home, I'm slapping in the cocunut oil, tying it up and leaving the oil in until Sunday when I wash it.

I'll be doing 3 heads of hair this weekend... seems like i never have the time or patience to do my own hair anymore. Now I know why some hairstylists look like they've never seen a comb :look:

Last edited:
Going back to my twists. I wore a bun this week but I kinda like not having to fuss with my hair in the morning. Sat. I will wash and deep condition and let it air dry. Sun. I will twist

Doing a test run for next week. I will curlformer set with leave in and crisco. Next week I plan on flat ironing so I don't want it to be greasy. Practice makes perfect.

This weekend should be pretty easy. I'm planning to:
1. Prepoo with Motions CPR and Vatika Oil for 45 minutes.
2. Shampoo with CV Soapnuts and Sunflower Citrus Mint :)love: this stuff)
3. Do a hibiscus-black tea rinse with a splash of ACV.
4. DC with Nexxus Humectress and GVP Conditioning Balm overnight.
5. ACV rinse.
6. Apply GVP Anti-snap, castor oil, and chi silk infusion.
7. Rollerset and air dry.
8. Flat iron roots.

I got my hair cut this week :)

28vuf03.gif

I have conditioner in my head now and have for two days with a plastic cap on and a cute hat over it. I'm going to wash this stuff out when i get home after I workout blow dry and flat twist. Haven't combed sooner because too much for for mid week and idk what style I want to do just yet.

I'm washing tonight after practice, shampoo bar and moisture conditioner. I will likely DC on Sunday. I'll probably trim tonight as well.

Wash with Vo5
condition with Aveda dry remedy treatment
airdry for a bit with giovanni direct and some pm serum
and then blowdry and prep for trim

Prepoo with Vatika Frosting
Shampoo with Aveda Dry Remedy Shampoo
Henna Gloss treatment
DC with DB Pumpkin Seed Condish
Then Rollerset
I guess I'm going to do it tomorrow afternoon.........I can't put it off no longer

This weekend I'm at my parents' house so I don't have any of my usual products. I'm going to just wash/condition/moisturize/airdry in braids and have my mama flatiron for me, or put my hair in twists for me.

pre poo with evoo or coconut oil, shampoo with come clean and steam with cj repair me. then i will do a wash and go with kckt.

Decided NOT to Sleep in Henna/Indigo.

So I rushed home and mixed the 2 together. Co-Cleansed with Darcy's Botanicals Cleansing Conditioner.

Applied Hendigo and Wrapped in Saran Wrap & 3 Plastic Caps. Left in for about 3 Hours.

Cowashed it out with the Remainder of a Liter of Oyin Honey Hemp and a little bit of Suave Coconut.

*I usually use Suave, VO5 or White Rain to rinse out Henna/Indigo.*

The Color came out Great. Sitting under the Steamer now with Marie Dean.:lick:

Will Apply Leave-In and Dry under Dryer Soon. Will M&S with something. *haven't decided with what yet*

spray hair with ayurvedic tea (catnip, hibiscus, fenugreek)
apply paste of fenugreek & maka powder; neem, coconut and tea tree oils; and Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper moisture conditioner
Cover head with plastic cap

I'm a lurker but I just wanted to tell somebody, anybody!

I'm "big" Chopping after 18 month transition. I'm so excited!!!

Back