Is your Boyfriend, Husband, Significant Other part of your inspriation???

I'm am my own inspiration. My hubby says that he is indifferent about long hair, but he's very supportive in my journey and he loves me either way. But I know he would love if my hair was long though.

Well, my BF is part of my inspiration, little does he know. I don't think he has a hair preference, as long as it suits me and looks nice. We've had convos about my transitioning, and he doesn't care either way.

My journey to healthy hair care started before him, so it's going to continue. It's nice when he notices progress. Just last month, he said, "Wow, you're hair's getting long, I haven't seen it in a while," since I was rockin buns forever! That made me really pleased!

My journey isn't really about my SO. He's supportive though, as long as he doens't have to go to the hair store with me. :lol:

i know my boyfriend isn't with me for the hair...especially on the mornings when i wake up next to him and its all matted and dry! he trys to run his fingers through my naps but it always hurts and we laugh about it:)

but no, i'm just growing my hair to be healthy, not for anyone really specifically. i do harbor a secret longing to press my natural hair one day when it reaches mid-back because i know he would love that

I already had long hair when I met my SO, but I know he loves it. The only comments he's had that he wished it had tighter coils and that he hates weaves.

FlowerHair said:
I already had long hair when I met my SO, but I know he loves it. The only comments he's had that he wished it had tighter coils and that he hates weaves.
That is so typical european,I sometimes have the impression that european people prefer darker skin and tightly coiled hair over curls and brown or light skin.
It just cracks me up because I had similar reactions from man and woman:lol:

Hubby is a big inspiration..

He loves my hair long and I told him as long as he pays for me to keep it up his wish is my command :lol:

But everytime he makes me mad I tell him im gonna cut my hair :lol:

Plus it is a personal challenge, I havent let my hair get past my shoulders without a weave since I was 16 years old...

I mean, I look Great with long hair... :lol:

I don't have any of the above mentioned in the title of this thread, lol...so I guess I'm my own inspiration. I'd hate to feel like I'm doing something to myself simply for another person, and a man at that, (I mean if he likes it and I like it just the same, then cool)...I'm so stubborn, I'd probably cut all my hair off out of spite, LOL.

Hmmmm...maybe that's why I'm solo now! Ha!

When I started my hair care journey I really wasn't thinking about my boyfriend. I just wanted to challenge myself to grow my hair past neck length. In the past I kept my hair cut very short and my boyfriend loved it. He says that he likes my hair no matter what. I haven't told him that I'm trying to grow it out, but I think he knows. He did however see all my vitamins and said that I need to start eating better/healthier:lol: I'll tell him the real reason why I take so many vitamins when my hair becomes my crowning glory.

Last edited:
My boyfriend thinks I'm part of a hair cult. I don't know if he prefers long hair because he has never mentioned it. When I first met him, I was wearing minnie mouse style buns, so it must be my face and personality that attract him. I am growing my hair out for me because shorter hair is harder to keep up (no ponytails or buns and many bad hair days). I also had more pull to get guys when my hair was brastrap length. When I cut my hair (to copy Eva from America's Next top Model) All of my female friends thought I was crazy but they liked it too. My black male friends hated it but said I was still cute. It's really shallow because the longer my hair gets each time I relax it, I am getting more attention from black males again.

Back