Cute, corny and silly things your significant other says about your hair.

Well, DH gets areally sad face when I hide my hair. He says "where did my curlies go?"

He'll put his head on my hair and say "my 2nd favorite pillow" (boobies being the first)

He will pull a curl and go "boing" like a sixth grader :lol:

He growls at me and calls me his adorable lioness (since I'm a Leo)
I think DH might have a fetish :lol: J/K

:lol: I read the OP after I posted and when she said she was newly natural, I was like, oops! :blush:

Ok, what I had said was:

Dh calls my hair a "wig" anytime I wear it big (i.e. Braidout or knotout). I told him that's cool when we are home, but he bet not ever do it in public!

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

sunnieb, YOU BETTER TELL HIM! We can't have people in these streets thinking our luscious locks aren't grown from our head when it is. We work hard for all of this :hair:!!!! LOL

My husband says all the "chemicals" i'm using are going to make my hair fall out. (I'm natural and use natural products)
But I always catch him using them!

My contribution is the ISH my DH says:

Why dont you just straighten it ..... I get this question at least twice a week.
You wash it so much....
He refers to my natural hair as "IT"

The nicest thing he ever said was after my very first twist out --> "Honey you look like Joan but without the big eyes"

My BF is from Tortola and his mom is from St. Kitts. They are always telling me how "american" girls are always putting stuff in their hair. He's like, you gonna make your hair fall out cause you are always doing something to it yet I know she's using my pomade that I got from Etsy cause I am barely over there and it is almost gone. Plus he calls me a lion when I wear my half wigs. He HATES anything "fake" as he calls it!

My BF is from Tortola and his mom is from St. Kitts. They are always telling me how "american" girls are always putting stuff in their hair. He's like, you gonna make your hair fall out cause you are always doing something to it yet I know she's using my pomade that I got from Etsy cause I am barely over there and it is almost gone. Plus he calls me a lion when I wear my half wigs. He HATES anything "fake" as he calls it!

My Grandad was from Tortola! I hear all the same things from my Antiguan Mom...but she didn't say no to that pomade I made her for her birthday! :lol:

I lovw the children stories. You are raising a generation of people proud of their roots!
When I fall asleep without my satin scarf my so wakes me up and tell me to put it on. I get really upset because I hate being woken up. He just tells me that he know my hair is important to me.

SO: "I can stare at your hair for hours. There is so much going on there."

/referring to my multiple textures.

My Grandad was from Tortola! I hear all the same things from my Antiguan Mom...but she didn't say no to that pomade I made her for her birthday! :lol:

THIS!!! Caribbean people from all over sound the same, this is my family all day!

Back