Is there a way to get HEAVIER hair

manter26, what's this collagen dc? *gets pen and pad*

Honey_Bee
lol, it's lekair cholesterol. nothing fancy. :lol:

Ingredients: Purified Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol & PEG 40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil & Stearalkonium Choloride, Mineral oil, Cholesterol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Citric Acid, Aloe, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Acetate, Vitamin A & D, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Red #4, Fragrance.

I'm going to agree with the henna. It really thickens up your strands. Also I use porosity control as a final rinse after DC in the shower which seems to lock in the DC. My hair definitely feels weightier. I DC in the shower 1x weekly or so with biolage ultra hydrating or aphogee 2min. Those are my staple conditioners. I'm very porous.

virtuenow Thanks!!! I'm working on the site a little at a time so it's a work in progress!
Henna can leave hair feeling crunchy and as you mentioned it did damage my hair, I will never do a full henna treatment again. One reason I tried it again was because of shedding after the baby, my hair thinned out and I wanted it to look thicker. I am going to do a vid on how I use it but I add it to conditioner, more like a henna gloss but prob less henna than mnay people use. Your hair is thick like mine so I don't know if you want to go the henna route. If you do I would suggest just using a small amount in your conditioner.

I should add that henna did not change my shrinkage at all if you're hoping for this. Since I tend to keep my hair on the "moisture" side it actually makes my hair shrink up more. I have been using it lately in place of protein but please be careful with it and do a strand test please.

Last edited:
For the past 3 months I've been doing full henna every 2 weeks. I mix a can of coconut milk + mango black tea + lil acv. I just added yogurt this last henna tx. And my 4ab coarse, dense, thin strands feel heavier AND I have way less shrinkage. In my small, random 3c spots the hair is just wavy. It has to be the milk. I've bee. Doing henna for years and just used water and ACV with very little change in shrinkage. I don't have dry hair I think because I cowash daily and dc after each treatment.

Back