OK, it's official...

Your hair is gorgeous! As always! I'll definitely remember this for future reference. I've yet to straighten since my BC, but I'm hoping to have results similar to your's, so if I must use a hot comb to achieve that, I will. Love those curls!

Thanks for sharing! I just bought a ceramic hot comb because I suck bum at blowdrying and flat ironing. My hair is always wispy and the humidity here is worse than GA!

I am really excited to try it now and I hope get your results!

Looks great:yep: I have an electric one and one I "cook" on the stove:grin: I'm 40 weeks post, and it takes both to get me nice and flowing!!!

You know I hate hot combs lol but you look gorgeous as always

I'm really only commenting to say J is looking gorgeous and getting SO big!!

For real. I think you need to really be on top of your DC's and properly protecting hair. I've heard a few stories of girls who have literally singed their hair right off with prolonged use.
Got to agree though, the hot comb is the one....

When I was natural, I used to get my hair pressed by a professional after a while some parts didnt revert and she burnt off several parts:nono: The part that she burnt off is still recovering.

Your hair looks great lauren!

Wow, I love your results! I'm glad you've found something that works better for you than the flat iron.

Also, I love that picture of your son in your siggy. He reminds me of a smaller, younger Robert Ri'chard from One on One. :look:

Last edited:
I'm glad things worked out for you :). Pressing combs really gets my roots straight, I could never just run a flat iron through my hair without having to press it first.

Beautiful as usual. How do you blow dry Bella? Do you have a dryer w/ a comb attachment or do you air dry?

Lovely as usual Southernbella. What product did you use with the pressing comb?

I used the Sally brand heat protectant that is supposed to mimic Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.

Beautiful as usual. How do you blow dry Bella? Do you have a dryer w/ a comb attachment or do you air dry?

This time, I blowdried using the Pinkskates tension method, but I normally blowdry with a paddle brush.

pretty pretty results!!!

& glad you found something you like. i'm a fan of pressing combs myself- i have a tourmaline ceramic comb that gets my roots straighter & silkier than my flat iron ever could :yep:

I used to use a pressing comb, for years. Be careful with them. Don't use too much oil with it either.

My main pet peeve with it was that I could never get the ends straight and they leave a "pressing scent". I know there is method to the ends, I tried them but for me personally, my Maxi does a much better job in two passes than a pressing comb ever did and w/o the "pressing scent".

pretty pretty results!!!

& glad you found something you like. i'm a fan of pressing combs myself- i have a tourmaline ceramic comb that gets my roots straighter & silkier than my flat iron ever could :yep:

Where did you find that !?!? Im interested.

Looks beautiful and full of body! I'm glad you found something that works for you.
By the way, love the flip at the end of your hair. So pretty!

Beautiful as always. I don't think the hot comb would ever get my ends that smooth, but I love what it did for you.

So pretty!! I like the results! I'm scurred of the hot comb ya'll .....how do you get over the fear of heat stretched hair? :( My hair gets and stays straight just fine, but I can relate to the "wispy" , light feeling that the flat iron gives, as well as not holding a curl like I would like.

Gorgeous hair Southernbella!
I got the same Hot & Silky Pressing Comb on that Black Friday sale too, I love my results too.

The last time a hot comb was used on my hair (Oct 08) it wouldn't revert back :( Even when it was shampooed, proteined to death... the whole 9.

I guess hot combs are great for some, so congrats to finding what works for your hair. I think you have a beautiful head of hair. :yep:

Back