I'm so sad right now (kinda long)

Eisani

I went to bed angry, and I woke up infuriated. I've mentioned on this board before one of my hair inspirations is an aunt of mine. In my 29 years on this earth, I've never seen her real hair live and up close (she ALWAYS wears a wig), only in old pics from her childhood up until the late 70's. In fact, when my mother moved here, she was told by her roommate she needed to come down to a local spot to see two of the baddest afros in town, one's a man and the other's a woman. Turned out to be my daddy and my auntie :yep:. Anyway, her hair was like this enigma to the younger kids and we always wanted to see Aunt Joise's hair because according to family consensus, she had the prettiest of all the 11 siblings. Fast forward to yesterday. My mom calls me and asks if I'll go with her to see Aunt Joise and wash her hair. Her step daughter relaxed her hair and didn't neutralize so now it's hard and matted. My aunt suffered a stroke the day after my grandmother's funeral back in October so her mobility has become very limited and she can no longer do her own hair. I'm like okay and then mom says "Bring scissors." This scares me but I've already regressed to 10 yrs old when I asked Aunt Joise how long her hair was under that wig and she said "right here" and drew a line across her back near her waist w/her index finger. I'm thinking I'll do anything I can to save her hair, and I really want to see it. I get there and she takes off her wig and takes out the hair pins and I was speechless. This skank, because of her negligence, had my aunts hair so hard and matted in like 3" wide, MBL DREADS. I tried and tried to detangle and after about an hour my aunt said "Go ahead and cut it, it grows fast anyway." I had to cut her to TWA status, but it had the prettiest, softest curls. I told her that chick not only didn't fully neutralize, she clearly didn't try to detangle her hair prior to relaxing, nor did she comb her hair or anything while rinsing. I was shaking and the more I think about it, the more upset I get. I told my aunt, "Don't let anybody w/o hair touch your hair-EVER." I never let a bald head person in my head, unless they're bald by choice. I told her I'd be there every week to take care of it, but I called my other 4 aunts and they were heated too and the 2 that live here agreed to make sure she's good as well. It just made me sad to think that after all these years, when I finally get to see her hair, it's because I have to cut it all off. In a way though, she looks even more regal than before. She has beautiful, striking features and the short cut is definitely an enhancement. Even though as soon as we got done, she slapped that wig back on her head :lachen:. Some things just never change.

Oh man, I understand your anger...and your aunt is better than me, I'd be UPSET.

And I'd let her stepdaughter know how much she sucks. She butchered that poor woman. :wallbash:

Eisani i feel the pain....:nono: oh step dd would have had it come'n but like ur aunt said, it's just hair. wow, even those words coming from her is powerful. u love it until it's gone:look:

Wow, that's really sad what the girl did to your auntie's hair.

If she acknowledges that she has such beautiful hair; why does she keep wearing wigs? I guess she doesn't like doing her hair. I know a couple of woman who don't even like to comb their hair...so...

Your cousin is a lowdown :censored: I can't believe that crap!

I'm glad your aunt is taking it so well, and she's STILL a stunna! :grin:

I'm so sorry that happened to your aunt, too. Atleast now she has you to help her grow back her length. She's is great hands and her hair will be back in shape in no time. Best wishes.

Aww that story is sad. Atleast she wears a wig so no one will really ever know. Another thing though is How do you not know to neutralize? I mean EVERYONE knows that right? She probably did it on purpose.

I went to bed angry, and I woke up infuriated. I've mentioned on this board before one of my hair inspirations is an aunt of mine. In my 29 years on this earth, I've never seen her real hair live and up close (she ALWAYS wears a wig), only in old pics from her childhood up until the late 70's. In fact, when my mother moved here, she was told by her roommate she needed to come down to a local spot to see two of the baddest afros in town, one's a man and the other's a woman. Turned out to be my daddy and my auntie :yep:. Anyway, her hair was like this enigma to the younger kids and we always wanted to see Aunt Joise's hair because according to family consensus, she had the prettiest of all the 11 siblings. Fast forward to yesterday. My mom calls me and asks if I'll go with her to see Aunt Joise and wash her hair. Her step daughter relaxed her hair and didn't neutralize so now it's hard and matted. My aunt suffered a stroke the day after my grandmother's funeral back in October so her mobility has become very limited and she can no longer do her own hair. I'm like okay and then mom says "Bring scissors." This scares me but I've already regressed to 10 yrs old when I asked Aunt Joise how long her hair was under that wig and she said "right here" and drew a line across her back near her waist w/her index finger. I'm thinking I'll do anything I can to save her hair, and I really want to see it. I get there and she takes off her wig and takes out the hair pins and I was speechless. This skank, because of her negligence, had my aunts hair so hard and matted in like 3" wide, MBL DREADS. I tried and tried to detangle and after about an hour my aunt said "Go ahead and cut it, it grows fast anyway." I had to cut her to TWA status, but it had the prettiest, softest curls. I told her that chick not only didn't fully neutralize, she clearly didn't try to detangle her hair prior to relaxing, nor did she comb her hair or anything while rinsing. I was shaking and the more I think about it, the more upset I get. I told my aunt, "Don't let anybody w/o hair touch your hair-EVER." I never let a bald head person in my head, unless they're bald by choice. I told her I'd be there every week to take care of it, but I called my other 4 aunts and they were heated too and the 2 that live here agreed to make sure she's good as well. It just made me sad to think that after all these years, when I finally get to see her hair, it's because I have to cut it all off. In a way though, she looks even more regal than before. She has beautiful, striking features and the short cut is definitely an enhancement. Even though as soon as we got done, she slapped that wig back on her head :lachen:. Some things just never change.

FRENCHPERM STABILIZER then coconut oil probably would have helped to smooth it out but best thing you can do now for your wig loving Auntie is to make sure you moisturize it beneath her wigs....Auntie love can be the best love ever!

wow :(

sorry about that

maybe you could've posted on here before you cut it all off?

i would have tried to use better braids unbraid spray, it removes knots and tangles like magic!!!!!!!!

i used this to save my moms hair recently.

I can't believe that someone would purposely be that neglecful towards there own family member. If she didn't want to do Auntie hair, she just should have said so, instead of destorying it like that. My heart goes out to you and Auntie. On the bright side, Auntie has ppl looking out for her to make sure stuff like this doesn't happen again. You know what they say, what goes around comes around.

Thank you all for the love. I took her some moisturizers, EVCO, JBCO and my BT today. She already had CON poo and Cantu leave-in :yep:. I told her to make sure when she takes that wig off every night to moisturize and then every morning before she puts it on. She said "I'm not a new kid on the block, I'll get it on track." Oh. Okay. :grin: No one could convince me that girl didn't do it on purpose, and she got hers coming to her. I'm not threatening, I'm just saying...God don't like ugly. I just wish I could talk her out of those wigs, but I think she really just likes the look and the fact that she can just put it on and go about her business. She said when she was able, she washed her hair once a week and either french braided or twisted it and pinned the ends up. We'll get it cracking, but I did take b4 and after pics in case something comes up later.

Back