Nturals really really simple regi

I wear wigs all the time. I french twist my hair and briad the length. I wash my scalp every day with diluted moisturizing shampoo. I use a teaspoon of it in a dye applicator bottle, and fill the rest with water. the dulited bottle of shampoo lasts for about two weeks, so I use a teaspoon of shampoo every two weeks. Then I condition my hair with herbal essence hello hydration. Then I put on my wig. At night I put on a plastic shower cap for a gentle over night steam treatment.

Once a week I will do a jasmine, peppermint oil, and grapeseed oil treatment on my scalp. I wrap my hair in saran wrap and then put on a plastic cap and leave it on for about an hour.

Twice a week I will deep condition with Skala fruit cocktail for an hour or so.

(I refress my twists once a week, when I an retwisting I do use garine frutics (sp) super hold curling gel.)

With this method I hardly have any breakage or problems. I loose about a quarter or half dollar size of hair a week. My hair is super shiny and sleek. I love this methd, I will be doing it for a while.:grin:

Last edited:
What kind of conditioners do you use???
Mainly V05 and if Aussie Moist is on sale then I will purchase that. I have tried pricy conditioners and I have always returned to V05. For some reason I can't use Suave nor White Rain and I thought they were all the same, but they are not. Suave and White Rain makes my hair hard.

wash maybe a couple times a week with mehindi poo bar - use one of the varieties of natures gate conditioners - castor and a tad bit of olive oil. That is all. Sometimes cowash too with one of the natures gate conditioners few times a week if not being lazy.

i co wash everyday, leave in, oil, wash and go. i shampoo and deep condition once a week. i use protein maybe 2x a week.
my hair is in a puff or just out every day.

We have the same reggie except that I use H.E. Totally Twisted (just because that's whats in the shower right now) :grin:
Hey I've been using the Sally Beauty version of Paul Mitchell The Conditioner (leave-in). I bought a bottle out the blue on Monday and I've fallen in love. I like it much better than the S-Curl liquid activator. Hell it works better on my hair than the REAL Paul Mitchell The Conditioner. Plus it's a little cheaper than the S-Curl. It's called GVP (Generic Value Products) The Conditioner. Good luck if you try it.

I'm definitely sticking with this leave-in for a while. I forgot how well the GVP Paul Mitchell products worked on my hair. But now I'm sticking with them for the long haul.

My plan is so simple and most folks don't believe me but it is the truth. 10 year plus regime: Conditioner wash only and I twist my hair. That is it, no oil, no butters, no creme's, no heat, no color, no nothing. My hair is reaching my waist. Plus I trim my hair every three months and sometimes I may cut off more.

Do you have pics of your hair? That seems like an easy way to retain length.

I've just started a new job so I've had to really simplify my regimen because I've had very little time to spend on hair.

Over the past month I've:

1) Cowashed once or twice a week
2) Apply Scurl as needed
3) Braid up into 4 braids at night
4) Bun in the morning

My hair has really thrived. But I think I might just do "pixie twists" every month to reduce the manipulation from braiding and undoing the 4 braids every day. That way I'll only have steps 1,2 and 4.

I wear a half wig, but once a week:

I take my cornrows out.
I detangle.
I wash and deep condition.
I put some type of oil in.
I re-braid.

I co-wash when I feel like it, and I spray s curl as a moisturizer on my hair every night.

I slap on some IC Fantasia Gel to make the hair thats left out blend with the wig.

Done.

This is pretty much my weekly routine except sometimes during the week, I'll co-wash my flat twists wsoecially if I'm working out.

My hair is not making a huge amount of progress though which is surprising since my routine is so low manipulation. :ohwell:

Simple is what simple does. Perhaps you aunt would do best to just wash once a week and put her hair in a protective style that she would moisturize nightly. I wash twice a week and moisturize at night before putting my hair in twists, then wear a twistout the next day.

Back