Im only 19 and I had a GRAY hair!!!!

toyas08

When my mom was cornrowing my hair last night and she was like Toya you have a gray hair. I was thinking yeah right. She called my sister my sister was like ewww. I told her to pull it out so I could see it, it was a long. My mom says it's from stress, grandmom says it's wisdom. What do you think?

My nanny found my first gray when I was 5 years old. I've had grays here and there ever since. Now the grays are coming in with a vengeance (I am in my early 30's). Its definitely genetic....

enjoy it... my sister has a streak and started at 13, i have like 2... everyone gets em at some point. her boyfriend thinks its sexy. i don't get it but some men like that mess... go figure

My cousin is 17 and she is graying. She isn't stressed either -- I think it is a genetic predisposition.

i have them...since i was 19 and they are not going away. i have to live with them since i can't live w/o them.

Also lack of vitamins can cause Grey hair.. someone told me that, not sure how true it is

Last edited:
I've been having gray hairs since I was 14 so most likely it's a genetic thnig for me. It doesn't bother me one bit since I have such a baby face. It actually makes me seem more older - I'm 30! :yep:

My Irish-American buddy got her 1st when she was 11 (she says it's common in people of Irish descent to grey VERY early). I got my 1st at 17 and I AIN'T Irish (that I know of)...IOW, greys come when they come.

I have gray hairs...I think four or five. I have one that I the longest strand on my head and I love it!

I blame their existence on stress caused by a life of academia.

I've had them since I was 13, but they're really coming in more this year.

I use henna/indigo to keep my hair jet black.

Yup, it's genetic.

I have had 4-5 silver-gray hairs at my crown for as long into my childhood as I can remember. I am 30 now, and find about one new one there each year.

My aunt went mostly silver-gray in her early 30s and has been dying her hair black ever since.

What I wanna know is why they have a different texture than the rest of my hair (more wiry and brittle, less curly, and too easy to snap/break off).

I've been having gray hairs since I was 14 so most likely it's a genetic thnig for me. It doesn't bother me one bit since I have such a baby face. It actually makes me seem more older - I'm 30! :yep:

I just love your face shape. It's like a marvelous, creamy sculpture with arresting proportions.

I have 4 or 6 strands of gray hair (that I know of) and I'm 24. I pretty much started graying in my early 20s.

Go figure :ohwell:

Considering how so many people dye their hair, I think having greys younger than stereotypes is far more common than not. We just don't see it! ;)

I have had grey hairs since I was 7. Look at it this way, now you have a valid excuse to use hair dye in your reggie :)

Back