Votes: 38 18.2%
  • 40s

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • 50+

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • other/still no gray

Votes: 27 12.9%

• Total voters
I have none and honestly it's not something I want to deal with until I'm like 40 something.

eta: I'm 25

Omg...last year was my first recognizable gray hair and im barely 30...it must be stress cause im not even old enough to have 3 strands in my head smh...

I was 15. Some more are coming back along my hairline and I'm not happy about it!! (I'm only almost 19). My mother didn't gray though until her mid forties

My mom said I had them since birth, but I didn't notice my few grey strands until about 12 years old. Now I have a racing stripe in the middle front of my hairline. So far I haven't noticed them anywhere else, however looking at rest of paternal relatives, I could wake up tomorrow with a head full of white hair.

I still have not decided what I am going to do when that happens. I hate the idea of having to maintain color, but I if the grey ages me considerably then I may color. Maybe I'll do the henna/indigo thing. I henna every once and a while now, which does change the color of my streak, but I don't maintain it (I have about a good inch and half of grey attached to my orange/gold streak, it doesn't bother me one bit.

For all who are bothered by the gray hair, I have had success (accidentally albeit) reversing the lost pigmentation by drinking a cup a day or Nettle tea. I knew nothing of the phenom until I noticed it and had some family members verify it (w/o my prompting). Later I googled it and found Nettle has that effect on some people. As with anything else, please consider other supplements, meds, and your lifestyle prior to trying any new thing. I noticed a change w/i 2-3 weeks.

FUNNY I was just picking through mine as I airdried in two braids. I think I started at or around 30 or so. I had my son young, so people find it amazing that I have a 21 year old, but so few grays. It throws them. I now have about 25, but they seem to be MULTIPLYING by squares :/

I'm my late teens...now I'm in my early 30s and they're all around my temple and some in my nape area. Just as long as the hair stays on my head, I'm cool :look:

I've had a few strands since I was about 9. The strange thing is that they fade in and out. I don't notice many now, but sometimes you can really tell in the middle front of my head only. I kinda hope to have a single streak when i get older, kinda like pepe le pew...lol

I was gray as a child, never knew it every so often my mom would tell people.

Fast forward to 29 had a grey hair in my eyebrow that just wouldn't paticipate with the other hairs. He wouldn't lay straight like the rest, anytime I looked up he was bent down looking at me like how YOU doin:spinning: He left after a few months.

Now 5 years later the kids noticed one by my temple, guess its time.

I found my first when I was pregnant with my first child. I was 35. More came with 2nd pregnancy at 37. Now they dominate my babyhair/temples. Thing is, they act TOTALLY different than the rest of my hair. They literally stand at attention which is so annoying when you are between coloring.

Attachments

• grey2.JPG
    grey2.JPG
    455.8 KB · Views: 23
I was gray as a child, never knew it every so often my mom would tell people.

Fast forward to 29 had a grey hair in my eyebrow that just wouldn't paticipate with the other hairs. He wouldn't lay straight like the rest, anytime I looked up he was bent down looking at me like how YOU doin:spinning: He left after a few months.

Now 5 years later the kids noticed one by my temple, guess its time.

That's a great way to describe it!

I've Had Them Since I Was 8 Or 9, But There Are Only About 3-4 THICK Ones. My DH Yanks Them Out When He Spots Them. I'm 24 Now And Still Have The Same Ones. I Guess Next Time I Color I Need To Find A Dye That Covers Greys, Or I Might Try Henna & Indigo Next Month....

Also, I BKTd (Organix) In May And It Turned The Grey Hairs GOLD...

A hairdresser noticed a gray hair on my head when I was 11 or 12. My mom wouldn't let me pull it out because she said it meant I was wise lol. Throughout the years someone would sometimes notice one while they were doing my hair. I'm now 18 and haven't noticed any since big chopping.

I think I saw my first "one" in my late 30s, but it's now that I'm in my 40s that I'm starting to see tiny gray hairs popping up here and there in the front and top of my head.

I was 17 when 3/4 sprouted like weeds from my scalp. Now at nearly 37, 40% of my hair is grey...And its all in my roots not the ends! Doesn't look very graceful or wise, lol.

That's why I love me some henna/indigo :yep:

Back