Im only 19 and I had a GRAY hair!!!!

I am 30 and I have 2 grey strands of hair. One at each temple...:nono:
I dont know but I am guessing that with age my temples will eventually go gray:ohwell:

Child, I'm 27 with a full and thick streak. I'm actually considering stopping coloring it and be cool like Stacy from What Not to Wear.

i got one too last summer at camp for color guard. i was really clashing with the choreographer and he was stressin me out with those hard routines. the gray hair ended up right in the front of my head right down the middle. it was worth it though because i ended up being the best and his favorite that year on the field. i so earned it.

I've been finding grays since I was 16. My granny started graying at 17 and idk about my mom cuz she dyed her hair a lot when she was younger but I'm pretty much doomed to early grays and I'm fine with it cuz they are silver just like my granny's and her gray hair is gorgeous.

Genes works strange from time to time. My mom had her very first ones when she was 15, no one else in the family had them before 40s.

i found my first ones earlier this year (i'm 22). it was definitely stress related. i colored on top of it all (with henna and/or indigo), but i'm sure i'll find a few more within the next few months.

haven't read the whole thread, don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Dr. that comes on the Baisden show on Thursdays always advocates vitamin B5 if the hair is greying--if you're concerned, get some!

I've been finding a few here and there for the past few years. The only one that bothers me is the one that popped up right in middle of my head, in my hairline. I want to pluck it so badly, but can't bring myself to do it. I'm 27.

^^^ Yeah, I agree it is possibly genetic predisposition

Yep I think its this

BTW if you pulled it out get ready to have two more grow back! Gray hair revenge is what I call it LOL

I got my first gray at 25 years old. Now I have to dye my hair ever 3 weeks. To boot, they grow the most in the front.

I was always told gray hair was a sign of wisdom. However, nutritionally, it could be a copper or B12 deficiency.

I got a few platinum strands around 18yrs old .... stil getting them.they dont bother me..lol

I think it means your hair follicle is no longer producing melanin. Don't know why though. I know a couple of girls who were born with gray hair. I don't think gray hair is that serious.

I found my first gray a few weeks ago too, I actually started to cry, it was the strongest strand on my head, I just turned 30 ( I still feel like a teen though :) but it was devastating, so my resolution is to faithfully color, I normally color but when I feel like it not because of having too,

op will you color your hair? or just leave it be?

my mom said it was stress related too don't know though.

Lucie you found one too? welcome to the club.

I had my first gray hair at 19 too :D

I still have it somewhere in a little box... :look:

Now at 38 I'm around 40% gray!

My mom found a gray hair in my head when I was 7. I'm in my 20s now and I have 3 total, so don't stress over it.

Last edited:
ya'll need to use some coconut oil. that's what indians use to keep their hair strong, blk and glossy.

Coconut oil by itself doesn't do anything for grays. I've been using it for several months now and I still get a few grays. When I googled coconut oil for gray hair, everything that came up saying it worked for gray hair had coconut oil AND lemon juice.

Had them since 10 and I blame it on my father.:rolleyes: :lachen: Genetically speaking, my father has the most dominant genes with me, and he started getting gray early. My mom has the salt and pepper look. She is going to be 57, but she looks like she's in her 30s. I use rinses because I'm scared of henna/indigo. I'm not good at stuff like that.:nono: At least I still look young. My hair, on the other hand...:rolleyes::ohwell:

I have had grey hair ever since I was born, got it from my mum she has way more than me when she was younger she started drying it at aged 13.

I love my grey hair I wish all of my hair was white like Storm from X-men (Storm was my favourite) The other day I saw a little black girl around 4yrs old and she had a strip of grey hair that was long and nice I admit I was jealous LOL

I have 4 or 6 strands of gray hair (that I know of) and I'm 24. I pretty much started graying in my early 20s.

Go figure :ohwell:
This is me, pretty much. I have a handful of gray strands at 23. They're well hidden so I just let them be.

haven't read the whole thread, don't know if this has been mentioned, but the Dr. that comes on the Baisden show on Thursdays always advocates vitamin B5 if the hair is greying--if you're concerned, get some!

I was always told gray hair was a sign of wisdom. However, nutritionally, it could be a copper or B12 deficiency.
I'm going to look into these B vitamins.:yep:

It happens hun. My cousin was born with one and has had it her whole life. She's 18 now. I also knew a girl in HS who had some mixed in throughout her hair.

Back