I'm CLAIMING bra strap length, durnitt!!!

Chinagem said:
Good googly moogly that's some fast growing hair! Does your hair grow fast or is it the nioxin or other vitamins? Please do tell. Oh yeah and congrats on the bsl hair!

No, its definitely the Nioxin and other vitamins that i take, as well as the MTG! Even aside from learning how to "retain" length, my hair did not grow this fast in the past!

:yay: Gorgeous. You must be tall b/c your hair is very very long. I've seen bsl on other people and their hair doesn't look nearly as long. NEway, congrats.

plainj said:
:yay: Gorgeous. You must be tall b/c your hair is very very long. I've seen bsl on other people and their hair doesn't look nearly as long. NEway, congrats.

:lol: No, i think i'm average. 5'4 1/2". Thanks so much girl!!!

Okay folks, this is my vitamin regimen for anyone who is interested:

Nioxin Intensive Therapy Recharging Complex (2)
GNC Flax Seed Oil 2000 mg
GNC Futurebiotics Hair, Skin & Nails (2)
GNC Nature's Fingerprint Horsetail 500 mg
GNC Biotin 2500 mcg = 2.5 mg
Puritan's Pride Super Biotin 5000 mcg = 5 mg

My daily regimen is here: http://journals.fotki.com/SweetWifey/regimen/
But in brief, i wash and deep condition once per week (Dominican products). No co-washing (too much manipulation.... and im too lazy). I bun Mon-Fri, and treat myself to wearing it down on the weekends (if i have a date... otherwise, it's back to the bun!)

Every night i take the bun out. I do NOT comb, but instead shake it out with my fingers. I moisturize the ends with ORS Olive Oil, seal with any cheap grease..... i apply my topical growth products at this time, either MTG or M.N. Then i rebun, and sleep with a plastic cap and satin bonnet. In the morning, i smooth back my hair and make it neat. I only comb once per week.

I do an Aphogee treatment 1 week after my touch-ups. I usually touch-up every 9-10 weeks (obviously longer if im wearing braids). I get a mild, no-lye relaxer by Johnson & Co.

I only use direct heat once every 3 months (get my hair blown out for the Progress Pictures). Other than that i get roller sets at the Dominican salon. I sit under the drier for about 55 minutes, then let them blow the roots out only (i guess technically thats direct heat as well, but not along the length). This is Friday (salon day). So i leave the salon looking cute.... go out on my little date or what have you..... then it's back to the bun by Sat or Sun.

Im more than happy to answer any other questions. Feel free to PM me!!!

Congrats!

If you're grazing BSL, you're there in my book! Heck, I'm there too....yipee. I'm off onto the next goal. You have to cut those dead ends or you'll be shoulder length in no time.

Enjoy your hair, keep doing what you're doing!

Kinikakes, you hair is gorgeous!! I am taking notes and adding a few of your vitamins to my regimen:pRONTO~ It is absolutely to die for. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. You grow girl:D

KhandiB said:
YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY Kini!!!!!

soon as one hair touches Im Claimin it

:lol:

Good Job!

:lol: I know thats right!!!

THanks girls!!!!!! Im so excited to FINALLY be here, durn!!!

KiniKakes said:
Yeah, thats what im most excited about!!! Although its definitely shorter, it's fuller.... and that is a GREAT thing in my book!!!! :grin:

I think she cut off about 1.5", but since i got a blow-out, the ends that she clipped off looked very thin on that floor. So i guess it wasnt healthy hair that she got rid of..... Had i not gotten it cut, my hair would have been significantly longer, but the last couple of inches would have been pretty much see-through!!!

You know, after seeing your pics, you've inspired me to get my ends trimmed sooner than I had planned. Like you, I know it's inevitable, they have to get trimmed. I might do it when I get my hair done next month, or wait until my January relaxer, either way, I think I'll get it done sooner than April (when I was planning on getting the ends trimmed.)

Girl, there's no since in claiming BSL you're already there!!!!! Honey, all I can say is Wow!!! Your hair is absolutely stunning, gorgeous, beautiful!!!

Last edited:
Kinikakes you are too cute and your hair is asolutely fabulous!

BTW-thanks for being so informative in regards to your hair care

Denim And Leather said:
You know, after seeing your pics, you've inspired me to get my ends trimmed sooner than I had planned. Like you, I know it's inevitable, they have to get trimmed. I might do it when I get my hair done next month, or wait until my January relaxer, either way, I think I'll get it done sooner than April (when I was planning on getting the ends trimmed.)

Its interesting D&L, but your ends dont look that bad to me. :confused: Have they gotten worst since your last set of pictures? I really think you could go til April and be good...... but then again, you probably shouldnt be taking advice from the likes of me. :lol: I am known for hanging on to thin ends for dear life, and trimming ONLY at the last possible time. So yeah girl, go ahead and do that if you feel you need it! Glad i could be an inspiration! :)

Go on and CLAIM IT because you certainly made it! Your hair looks great. Glad to see how much progress can be made in 6 months -- I just looked at some of your older pics and wow, even with trims you are retaining a lot of length.

CONGRATS!!!

ravenmerlita said:
Go on and CLAIM IT because you certainly made it! Your hair looks great. Glad to see how much progress can be made in 6 months -- I just looked at some of your older pics and wow, even with trims you are retaining a lot of length.

CONGRATS!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!! I cant wait until its been a full year in January! That will be so exciting..... i wonder how i shall commemorate my anniversary of 1 year of Healthy Hair? :)

I love your following your progress...your hair is soooo beautiful and yes CLAIM BSL or hike dat bra up an 1/2 inch:lachen: Congratualtions:)

tsmith said:
I love your following your progress...your hair is soooo beautiful and yes CLAIM BSL or hike dat bra up an 1/2 inch:lachen: Congratualtions:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So silly!!!

Thank you so much Tsmith!!!!

Girl, I love that shower curtain! I was thinking about getting it, plus the accessories, but decided not to. Anyway, you are making progress and that's what matters- don't get caught up with these terms, kay?

*jumps up and down*

Oh my friggin goodness KINIIIII!!!! You are BSL baby!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Your hair is beautiful honey! I am so proud of you!

Seriously, yall don't know how I feel right now. I am so happy for you because we started around the same time and you hair is gorgeous!!! Congrats!!! Your ends look ppuuuurfect! I am loving the shape.

I need to sit down...:lol:

KiniKakes said:
Its interesting D&L, but your ends dont look that bad to me. :confused: Have they gotten worst since your last set of pictures? I really think you could go til April and be good...... but then again, you probably shouldnt be taking advice from the likes of me. :lol: I am known for hanging on to thin ends for dear life, and trimming ONLY at the last possible time. So yeah girl, go ahead and do that if you feel you need it! Glad i could be an inspiration! :)

Thanks, Kini! :)

No, my ends haven't gotten worse since my last pics, but I definitely want to have more of a blunt, even look and that means that eventually I'll have to have those ends trimmed. I figured that maybe I should get them done between November and January and get it over with! :lol: I still shudder when I look at how bad they looked in my June pics! :lol:

running to your album right now!!! you know you are my all time high favorite hair inspiration right???

ps(side joke) you not weain pink are you?? lol ;-)

girl - I just sooo love your hair!!! you better go head with your bad self witcha bad self!!!!! it is soft looking and healthy and sooo pretty.. shoot that trim did you good - it looks absolutely, magnificently, gorgeously(is that a word?)perfect!!!

how bout you gimme that shower curtain tho to go with my soft green walls in my bathroom??? ;-) :grin:

Back