If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt!----

I don't know what planet I am on, but when I wear fake hair (good or bad-- and I freely admit I don't blend well at all) my attention from the male species doubles or triples. In their eyes I go from a 5 to a 9 simply by putting a little bit of fake hair on. My real hair doesn't look exceptionally bad, it's just average. Or even above average compared to the "real" hair I see on a daily basis. :look: I usually wear curls or a ponytail. I get smiled at and chatted to and looked over the MOST when I have a fake ponytail attached to the back of my head rather than my real one.

I also seemed to have gone from a 5 to a 9 in male attention when I was wearing very obviously fake microbraids. That was the first time in my life that I'd ever been made uncomfortable due to male attention.

I met my current boyfriend when I was wearing a very obvious fake shiny wig underneath a hat. And he is one who proclaims extra loudly to anyone who will listen that he hates weave and wigs; yet he can't even tell when he's looking at one half the time. :giggle: SO many times I've had to point it out while he's slobbering over a girl on Facebook or on TV or something. I'm like "You do know that's a weave, right?" :giggle: And then he doesn't believe me or doesn't care. :look: He'll keep right on slobbering.

So I put little stock in men's opinions of women's hair because I just haven't seen them behave otherwise. They say one thing and if they see a woman they like, all those "no weave" statements become moot and they'll like her regardless. Just so you look nice overall and it's not blue or crazy-looking, they really don't care and probably don't know or think much about it. Analyzing for fakeness is what women do. :look: Maybe if you have thick, long LHCF Goddess Godiva hair naturally, then they will prefer THAT to any weave. But basic, average, non-awe-inspiring hair... :look:

Personal Male Attention Chart, on a scale on 1-10:

5: The daily "average" ponytail:
2h2jn9e.jpg

5: The average afro puff:
20prplw.jpg

9: The fake ponytail:
imtrx1.jpg

10, apparently :look:: When a Self-Professed Fake Hair-Hater approached me and said I was beautiful:
2m2vnnt.jpg

:giggle:

I don't know what planet I am on, but when I wear fake hair (good or bad-- and I freely admit I don't blend well at all) my attention from the male species doubles or triples. In their eyes I go from a 5 to a 9 simply by putting a little bit of fake hair on. My real hair doesn't look exceptionally bad, it's just average. Or even above average compared to the "real" hair I see on a daily basis. :look: I usually wear curls or a ponytail. I get smiled at and chatted to and looked over the MOST when I have a fake ponytail attached to the back of my head rather than my real one.

I also seemed to have gone from a 5 to a 9 in male attention when I was wearing very obviously fake microbraids. That was the first time in my life that I'd ever been made uncomfortable due to male attention.

I met my current boyfriend when I was wearing a very obvious fake shiny wig underneath a hat. And he is one who proclaims extra loudly to anyone who will listen that he hates weave and wigs; yet he can't even tell when he's looking at one half the time. :giggle: SO many times I've had to point it out while he's slobbering over a girl on Facebook or on TV or something. I'm like "You do know that's a weave, right?" :giggle: And then he doesn't believe me or doesn't care. :look: He'll keep right on slobbering.

So I put little stock in men's opinions of women's hair because I just haven't seen them behave otherwise. They say one thing and if they see a woman they like, all those "no weave" statements become moot and they'll like her regardless. Just so you look nice overall and it's not blue or crazy-looking, they really don't care and probably don't know or think much about it. Analyzing for fakeness is what women do. :look: Maybe if you have thick, long LHCF Goddess Godiva hair naturally, then they will prefer THAT to any weave. But basic, average, non-awe-inspiring hair... :look:

Personal Male Attention Chart, on a scale on 1-10:

5: The daily "average" ponytail:
2h2jn9e.jpg

5: The average afro puff:
20prplw.jpg

9: The fake ponytail:
imtrx1.jpg

10, apparently :look:: When a Self-Professed Fake Hair-Hater approached me and said I was beautiful:
2m2vnnt.jpg

:giggle:

Beautiful pics!

So basically, most of these me (probably including my brothers) either can't tell the difference between fake long hair and real long hair - or just don't care? Maybe we do put too much clout into what men say about weaves?

Meh. I still don't think men really care as long as it looks good, however, long hair of your own *generally* trumps all. Half the time when I wear a sew in, negros think it's mine anyway.

IA.... The only time they know is if I tell them, and they are shocked then. But to each....

My SO doesn't like weave either but I usually get pretty good sew ins done and with a pretty good quality hair because I want it to look nice and as natural as can be... He always compliments my sew ins. But, I don't expect people to believe it's my hair and don't mind telling what I use....

IA.... The only time they know is if I tell them, and they are shocked then. But to each....

My SO doesn't like weave either but I usually get pretty good sew ins done and with a pretty good quality hair because I want it to look nice and as natural as can be... He always compliments my sew ins. But, I don't expect people to believe it's my hair and don't mind telling what I use....

Any pics?:grin:

Junebug D Cute visuals :yep:

Beautiful pics!

So basically, most of these me (probably including my brothers) either can't tell the difference between fake long hair and real long hair - or just don't care? Maybe we do put too much clout into what men say about weaves?

Probably.. I posted recently about how I wore a lacefront (MBL and extra silky :lol:) over my locs and men were breaking their necks left and right. I assumed from reading LF threads on LHCF that most people can tell its fake and think they're ridiculous. I was wearing it thinking it was cute but not fooling anyone.. so when I got those crazy reactions from men I was like.. word? :perplexed

Obviously weave is an enhancement if worn well and men are easily manipulated lol..

Many men like long hair so if you ain't got it....weave is an option. I love it bc it gives you the opportunity to get a different look...but as mentioned before some women look ratchet in it, while many of us take the time an invest in a good weave and install! I love a weave and will throw 1 in my head in a NY minute when I get tired of my hair, and I'll swang it like it's mine too!

Peep my wig. I think it's dope. I wore it for a day and a half. I felt silly. I used to think that I looked so fly when I wore fake hair but I feel different. It doesn't have to do with what others say because they like it. It's about how I personally feel when I look in the mirror. If I don't feel good about how I look it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Don't get me wrong, I may pull this wig out again but my fro has a special place in my heart. I miss her when she's away.

I hate bad weaves...and weaves in general. It just feels so unnatural and hot and itchy lol. I get a lot of compliments on my own hair and how thick it is..even if it is only shoulder length. A lot of men.. friends and interests say that they love that I wear my own hair and take care of it and it always looks nice...well when I wear it down...

lets not get started on days that I throw a messy bun on top of my head and call it a day cuz it can get to looking a hot mess. :look:

Guys like the look my fake hair and I know it fools them. However i know fake stuff puts some guys off.

Though I have a long battle with stress alopecia and have just gone through a bout. Wigs no longer a "choice" as far as I'm concerned at the moment.

I hope I can meet another man that doesn't mind about this. Ah, this thread is depressing.

All of the men that I've been in relationships with hate weaves, with a passion & yep, they can spot them. I've never been a weave-wearer; I can probably count the number of times that I've had a weave (sew-in) on one hand. I've never worn a wig, and during the brief time that I phony pony to help me get to SL, I kept it in a bun and/or under a hat during winter in DC.

Like other posters have already said, most weaves are obvious. I feel sad when I go somewhere and 90%+ of the black women are wearing weaves. Even if *some* are using weaves for PSing, it's still kinda sad to me that so many black women have to use fake hair to grow their own hair. My hair is relaxed and when I look at the weave issue, I can understand how naturalistas oppose relaxers. I'm relaxed, but I take pride in the fact that I pretty much always wear my real hair & I'm pretty sure I'll stop getting relaxers soon because I'm getting more and more into my own hair, my own texture, etc. I would get a weave maybe for a special occasion, but the fact that it's a huge industry is just crazy to me.

I'd rather be stuck between APL and BSL than wear a weave for a year. It borderline creeps me out that people walk around wearing hair from another human being on their heads. :perplexed I'm not so sure how ethical the weave-trade is and I think it's even weirder that wearing Brazillian/Malaysian hair has caught on the way it has when it in no way resembles African-American natural or relaxed texture.

okay, end rant*** Again, it's not like I've never worn a weave before or never would again, but I would never make it a part of my lifestyle. Wait, I actually probably won't ever get another one, even for my wedding.

I will disagree with your suggestions for the reasons why black women wear weaves on their head.

First of all there is no hair desease that cannot be cured untill you weave your hair with some extra forest on the head. I will even go further to say that, the unnatural hair attachement will most likely aggravate the disease.

I just wanted to laugh at this, OP.

Back