Do you think LONGER hair makes you look SLIMMER?

um the face may look slimmer but not the body. big is big whether you're bald or got hair down to ur ankles

It makes my face look slimmer, but I don't think mine is long enough to do anything for my hips and thighs yet :perplexed

CurliDiva said:
Before joining LHCF, I used to noticed more "heavy" black women with long hair!

I always thought one reason was they got extra nutirents (good for the hair) from all the extra food they ate. :eek:

I used to think the same thing! :eek:

From what I've seen & read on this board, a lot of the ladies start exercising, eating cleaner & drink tons of water to get healthier, longer hair. I think that is why they seem to be getting slimmer. I can't remember one of the ladies name but she has two pictures in her siggy and a weight tracker and you can clearly see just from her back that she has lost weight and has longer hair.

That's just my two cents. ;)

BUT me personally, my face does look a lot slimmer when my hair is longer; chubbier with shorter hair. That's why I always wore long weaves. :p

Softresses said:
Hmmm, maybe you are right. People always say that vertical stripes on your clothing makes you look slimmer, hair hangs vertically.

Now I know I must grow my hair to my BOOTAY!:lol:

Ditto. It draws the eyes down. Worn in a voluminous style it's not slimming but worn down and in a fairly straight/wavy style it is.

I agree that long hair might make a person look somewhat slimmer because long hair draws attention. When I see people with long hair, I usually pay attention to the color, texture, and to where the length of it stops; the second thing I usually look at is the face so I pay a little attention to the person's body last. But I think that if Monique (the comedian) was to a wig to her booty, she'd still look like a Thick Madame.

Back