If His Momma Ugly Then...

blaqbarb

Ok...my mom is ready for grandkids, so she is on a serious pursuit to get me to settle down with someone. We were having a conversation about this guy that REALLY likes me (she's well aware of it being that he's stucked up to her since the day he met her...lol). So during our convo, she says "Well he looks good, but his momma is hurt. You have to think about that when having kids. I want pretty grandchildren." I laughed so hard. She was wrong for saying that, but the statement was so true.

So my question is, have you taken into consideration the looks of the rest of the family members when selecting a mate that you would have kids with? I know that looks are only a fraction of what counts (before anyone says this is being shallow). I'm just speaking on physical attraction for now (not love, mentality, career or anything else).

I ALWAYS say be careful who you have sex with cuz you never know when a pregnancy might happen. Nothing wrong with wanting attractive kids. :lol:

If he and the rest of his fam are cute, yay. If he and the rest of his fam is 'not so cute' make sure you are pretty enough to cancel out his ugly. :lol:

I keep sayin I hope Jay and Bey don't have no kids, she pretty, but errah, :nono:

I ALWAYS say be careful who you have sex with cuz you never know when a pregnancy might happen. Nothing wrong with wanting attractive kids. :lol:

If he and the rest of his fam are cute, yay. If he and the rest of his fam is 'not so cute' make sure you are pretty enough to cancel out his ugly. :lol:

I keep sayin I hope Jay and Bey don't have no kids, she pretty, but errah, :nono:

I don't know how the rest of the fam looks, but my mom did not lie when she was talking about his mother. I have strong genes, but I think his fam does too. I'd hate for my side to lose the battle. :lachen:

OMG-TOO funny!:lachen:

Well, if he has a butt ugly family then he would probably look the same. In that case, I wouldn't date him.:lachen:

Seriously, I'd be more concerned with the serious things. Like, is the majority of his family obese, do they have a family history of mental illness, etc. I'd think long and hard about procreating with someone that comes from a family with health issues.

Girl, this sounds like my family. I did think about it but I was thinking about something else a little more. And opps there's the baby.

Granny told me "be careful what you mix it with". She said I knew what my people looked like and what we had going on but you have to be careful about the other side.

I say this. When you meet a man, fall in love with a man, marry a man...no matter what that baby looks like, it will be the most beautiful, precious Gift ever to you...and that's all that really matters.

Your mother will get grandkids when it's time for her to have them.

OMG-TOO funny!:lachen:

Well, if he has a butt ugly family then he would probably look the same. In that case, I wouldn't date him.:lachen:

Seriously, I'd be more concerned with the serious things. Like, is the majority of his family obese, do they have a family history of mental illness, etc. I'd think long and hard about procreating with someone that comes from a family with health issues.

If I can't look at him, then I can't date him. Fortunately, he's not ugly. His mom is nice and everything, but I'll be d*** if I have some kids that look like her. I'm sorry. *asking God to forgive me for telling the truth, which even he knows*

Lol, I was thinking about this not too long ago when I was still with my ex. He is a beautiful man, but he looks nothing like his mother and sisters. I really had to stop and think about how our baby would look. Our baby would have to look just like my side of the family or look like his clone to escape the ugly stick.

If I can't look at him, then I can't date him. Fortunately, he's not ugly. His mom is nice and everything, but I'll be d*** if I have some kids that look like her. I'm sorry. *asking God to forgive me for telling the truth, which even he knows*

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Preach the truth

:lachen: @ this thread.
It holds some truth tho. Just like guys will look at your mom and determine what you will look like in the future years. Shallow, but that will make it or break it for some guys....
Momma gotta be on point.

I never really thought about that....once the SO is appealing to me I thought I would be fine....but now you all are making me think about that strike back:grin:

Granny told me "be careful what you mix it with". She said I knew what my people looked like and what we had going on but you have to be careful about the other side.

I say this. When you meet a man, fall in love with a man, marry a man...no matter what that baby looks like, it will be the most beautiful, precious Gift ever to you...and that's all that really matters.
Do we have the same granny? At my wedding reception granny said" I'm glad you ain't marry no ugly man." I was like Dang Granny, how you really feel?:lachen:

I have been thinking about this lately. A lot.

I think the thing to avoid may be someone with odd facial features that come together and then you get "fine". You know the ones I'm talking about...those stray fine traits can get you and oooglay kidlet. Lol @ be careful what you mix it with.

I tend to look for guys with facial structure not far off from my own. That way I wouldn't think the baby could come out looking to far left...:look:

I recently went to a family cook out on my father side of the family, I have'nt seen the entire family together in a very long time. I was extremely suprise to see how fat the whole family was. It was disgusting. They were all commenting on how small I am( I still hoping to lose 20lbs. my current weight is fine though) Anyway, I think it important to look at family health first. Ugly is a variable you can change it. Great hair, nice skin and fab clothes, can turn :drunk: ugly to ok or even attractive.:lachen:

But obesity or diabetes, cancer, mental health problems, those are things that are hard. You can if you keep yourself as healthy as possible I guess, but it's hard.

And it he's cute and you are chances are high the baby will look like the two of you.

Wow at this thread:(. What happened to just praying for a healthy baby?

Girl, the OP is just keeping it real. It might be a shallow thought but it crosses plenty of folks' mind.

However I'm sure when you're actually pregnant, a healthy baby would be the foremost thought of reasonable folks.

Girl, the OP is just keeping it real. It might be a shallow thought but it crosses plenty of folks' mind.

However I'm sure when you're actually pregnant, a healthy baby would be the foremost thought of reasonable folks.

She is. It crosses people's minds, and guys definitely look at mom's to see what the daughter will end up like. I had an ex tell me he would stay with me b/c there's a good chance I'd end up hot like my mom. I mean i know she's cute but dang!:look:
This thread is funny :lachen::lachen:

LMAO :lachen::lachen::lachen:This had me on the floor and I bet she was serious too :)

I just want to have a healthy and happy baby. My family just wants for me to have the same. The child will be a child of love that will be loved and that's most important. So many babies are born with defects, it's just best to pray for a healthy and strong baby first and foremost!

i do look at the family of anyone im dating...because you can see certain traits look-wise in a person that appears in the family in general

esp his father..i wanna see how you may or may not look when you get older..

i wanna know if your hairline will disappear, if you will start sagging in certain places and etc...

So my question is, have you taken into consideration the looks of the rest of the family members when selecting a mate that you would have kids with?

Perfect skin was something I looked at within him, his mom, his dad and grandpa..etc.

Gone are the days when people just get pregnant and don't care what their child look like. I know I care and have stressed this in many posts on this very board. I just can't get with being PC on this subject. I've always dated men that I could see myself breeding with. Sorry, but that's how it is with many and many other people including men. Again, sorry but I'm not trying to breed a Sha Nay Nay!!!! :eek:The guy I have now is breedable but he's like 5'10 but I can make a go with that even though I wanted my sons to be 6 ft or taller. Its all about preference. If you want pretty kids then good, if you don't care then good, and if you want ugly kids then more power to you.:lol: Somebody's gotta keep it real on here!

Gone are the days when people just get pregnant and don't care what their child look like. I know I care and have stressed this in many posts on this very board. I just can't get with being PC on this subject. I've always dated men that I could see myself breeding with. Sorry, but that's how it is with many and many other people including men. Again, sorry but I'm not trying to breed a Sha Nay Nay!!!! :eek:The guy I have now is breedable but he's like 5'10 but I can make a go with that even though I wanted my sons to be 6 ft or taller. Its all about preference. If you want pretty kids then good, if you don't care then good, and if you want ugly kids then more power to you.:lol: Somebody's gotta keep it real on here!

I was pretty sleepy today until I read ur post - and I am over her cracking up:lachen::lachen::lachen: - Keep keeping it real:grin:

It is what it is!!!!!!! Wow, shoot me:210: for wanting to have nice looking kids.

I'm right there with you. I don't want to be one of those people walking around with a baby and when people see it they just say "Is that your baby? Awwwww...thier outfit is so cute." When they walk off, all they're doing is thinking about how ugly the baby is. Say my baby is cute too, not just its outfit.

Another thing is that those that are unattractive tend to be treated differently as they grow up by peers (kids can be harsh), coworkers and many others. If a little cuteness can help avoid this, then I'm all for it.

I'm right there with you. I don't want to be one of those people walking around with a baby and when people see it they just say "Is that your baby? Awwwww...thier outfit is so cute." When they walk off, all they're doing is thinking about how ugly the baby is. Say my baby is cute too, not just its outfit.

Another thing is that those that are unattractive tend to be treated differently as they grow up by peers (kids can be harsh), coworkers and many others. If a little cuteness can help avoid this, then I'm all for it.

Yeah, let's not even talk about prefernce for nice looking people in jobs, extracurricular activites such as cheerleading/danceline, certain cliques, etc.

Back