What would you do if DH lied/changed his mind about wanting kids

Her DH never definitively said he wanted to have more children. He's not being selfish, he's been there done that and never told her that he wanted to do it again. As sad as it is she settled now it's up to her to determine if she wants to continue to settle....or if she wants to move onto someone who can fulfill all her needs....

Right. Not saying she should stay if it's important to her, but this should have been discussed in detail long ago. And for her mother to call him selfish in this situation is beyond ironic.

that would be a deal breaker. because even though i could live with not having children, i would no longer be able to trust him to keep his word, that would be the larger issue for me. there is such truth in the saying "word is bond". i would be doubtful, looking for other ways he lied to me, wondering what other thought he is keeping. to me, her husband knew that having children was one of the desires of her heart when
he married her and he broke that promise.

But he didn't give his word or promise anything. He basically said "let's wait and see." I feel for her but I don't see how this speaks on his character or integrity.

I asked her this very same question. She says when they were dating his response was always "I'm open to having more children." She said in year two of their marriage (they've been married for 7 yrs now), the subject of kids came up and he flat out said he doesn't want to have any more kids.

Well..in the business and professional world, "maybe" or "I'm open" or "I don't know" means NO. That was a vague answer. She should have gotten a firm answer, now she has to live with that. It's unfortunate but I don't see where he misled her really.

Back