I really really really need help please. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking for something that will not make my hair look "wet" like a jehri curl when it gets longer, but and still hold the curl. would the noodle head do that?

23m7tjd.jpg

Wow, this thread is still going strong.:fan:

*Rest in Peace, King of Pop*

That popcorn looks tasty and it's probably real crunchy.

Im looking for something that will not make my hair look "wet" like a jehri curl when it gets longer, but and still hold the curl. would the noodle head do that?

It's been a while since I used it but it didnt give me that jheri curl look. It also held my curls. Ive been using Long Aid Activator Gel (Walmart) to make my curls more defined lately. It doesnt have a hard crunchy hold. Your hair would dry soft. I think this gel would only give you more definition and not tighter curls though. My hair goes from 4a to 3c with this. With noodle head, it created curls I didnt even know I had. HTH

:welcome:

OT: Wow.zers:look::giggle:

Adorable kid pics.

Maybe you could try curl enhancing products. I can't recommend one specifically. I do know amla(indian gooseberry) an ayurvedic herb is astringent and can "accentuate/increase texture."[ I can't really find the right word].

ridiculously OT, but what song/video is that of MJ in your siggy?

LOL.

It's like when white women come on the board...they get the red carpet rolled out for them.

Send the boy a pm, I'm sure he'll be happy to answer.

And how do you fit so much stuff in your siggy? It's wayyyy more than 5 lines.

Girl I dont know!! I guess I had it like that before the length requirements took into effect. I tried to update it...and it was telling me it couldnt be more than five lines....I was trying to shorten and delete stuff

LOL.

It's like when white women come on the board...they get the red carpet rolled out for them.

Send the boy a pm, I'm sure he'll be happy to answer.

And how do you fit so much stuff in your siggy? It's wayyyy more than 5 lines.

msa....please tell me you're kidding @ the bold!! If not, that makes me incredibly sad....and kinda mad. I'm also trying to contain myself:drunk:.....seeing as I def didn't get nearly as much help when I first joined a few months ago..... I think you responded to me though. Anyways, welcome to the board bhj!

I was looking up pictures of michaels family from way back in the day. I am suprised at how much plastic surgery his sisters have had. Poor latoya was beautiful in the 70s. what was she thinking?

oh yea and i didnt know he had an older sister named rebbie, that woman can sing her butt off 2, and she aint even famous. :sad: cryin shame

:lachen::blush::nono::nono::lick::lick::lick::nono::callme::look::lachen:just about sums up this thread for me. I haven't been near a computer for a week and I'm so happy to be back online. You ladies have no idea how much I enjoy reading ya'lls posts.

....and maybe try VO5 Wet gel, I used to love that stuff.

Last edited:
I bet when your hair becomes a bit longer the curl will express itself some more.

In the meantime, use the gels/pomades to encourage the curls when they are wet.

And, continue to do well in school and keep the procrastination to a minimum hun :) .

new female members come and cant get HALF of these responses...****ing hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!! :giggle:

holla, what is your ideal female, lets get the ball rolling ...ppll gonna be madddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd :rofl:

let me leave

welcome! :)

wow, yall making me blush haha.
i never had so much attention before. Im from a really small town and im related to almost every good looking woman of color in a 15 mile radius.

. . . btw yes, im single, 22 years old. :)

SERIOUSLY!????????????????????

Okay...I am going to need you not to play with my emotions...b/c you are hella fine. My hormones are raging like I am fifteen again..and that doesn't happen for me very often...lately..not at all. When I first saw you...I was already prepping myself that you weren't available. How are you available>??!?...I don't care if you are from podunk midwest little town America...you are just too fine. You are like this gorgeous cross of like Rick Fox with body of tyson beckford..it looks like from the pictures...and if thats an accurate description...then you are a perfect 6!

Six Pack
Six Feet Tall
more than 6 inches.....
and obviously on your way to more than six figures...

and with that being said...maybe I should continue this convo via pm....becausue I am trying so hard to be G rated. :sekret:

Okay...I am going to need you not to play with my emotions...b/c you are hella fine. My hormones are raging like I am fifteen again..and that doesn't happen for me very often...lately..not at all. When I first saw you...I was already prepping myself that you weren't available. How are you available>??!?...I don't care if you are from podunk midwest little town America...you are just too fine. You are like this gorgeous cross of like Rick Fox with body of tyson beckford..it looks like from the pictures...and if thats an accurate description...then you are a perfect 6!

Six Pack
Six Feet Tall
more than 6 inches.....
and obviously on your way to more than six figures...

and with that being said...maybe I should continue this convo via pm....becausue I am trying so hard to be G rated. :sekret:

Wooo girl.... I hope you never venture into OT. :lachen:

Ain't none of you were this helpful when I first joined! "Go use the search feature!" It's alright, I ain't got no hard feelings :lachen:

I know right, lol. before I paid to post, and I just lurked, I would see a lot of do a search or check for this or that thread.

But heck you can't blame the boy is fine as frog hair.:rolleyes:

but the ladies have me cracking up!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the board. I am surprised at how much you've discussed in depth and even added pics, LOL. I don't have much advice but welcome and feel free to post in the other forums as well. :)

LOL @ this entire thread. I wonder how many PMs the OP is getting. Hahahahahahahaha.

lol at this thread!!!

I think a lot of ladies already gave really good advice... Amla or henna powders, using clairfying shampoos, trying curling gells or lotions to "pop" your curls. Outside of using some type of chemical service, it may be impossible to change your type 3 hair into something 4, (as it is for those with the reverse desire)

lol, speaking of chemicals... this thread reminded me of an older one a while back where there was a trend in Korea or Japan where folx over there were getting "reverse perms" or "reggae perms" that transformed their stick straight type 1 or 2 asian hair into kinky type 4 afro hair

368825090.jpg

I dont know if that is what you want, but if the amla, clarifying shampoos, and the gels dont work... you could probably do a google search for one of those perms.

I dont know where you could get one though since this type of request dont come up often, but I hope you find what you are looking for!

Also, here is a site with a lot of pictures of Afro/Asian hairstyles
http://www.bombhead.com/bbs/zboard....c=on&keyword=&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc

Your hair looks great. To reduce the oiliness I'm going to recommend something that may sound counter-intuitive to you. Do one last wash with your shampoo and then wash with a light non-silicone conditoner for about 2 weeks. Leave some conditioner in to style it and enhance definition. Don't do anything else.

Using a curl activator will make you hair stringier/oiler. If you need more control, try some aloe vera gel or a light gel. You can also scrunch a little bit of castor oil on top of your conditioner. Castor oil doesn't penetrate the hair so it makes a good protectant for moisture. Don't use too much. Good washing conditioners are Suave Naturals, VO5, GVP Biolage Matrix Conditioning Balm, Kinky Curly Knot Today, Es'cenc'ia White Lotus, Trader Joe Nourish. You can use Suave and Knot today and Es'cenc'ia as leave-ins (Trader Joe dries dull).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back