I GIVE UP!!!!:My flexi-rods nor my twist out came out right!!

bludacious

Flexi-rod looked like like a curly mess. My twist out looked just plain WRONG!! I will give twist out one more try on tonight!!!

I'm sorry bludacious. Don't give up. Keep trying. Practice makes perfect. I'm getting better at my braidouts, twistouts and bantus. They're not perfect yet but they are getting better each time. I've never used flexi rods so I can't comment on them. Are you doing your twistouts wet or dry. I did mine wet the first few times. My shoulder length hair turned into a short curly afro. So now I do them dry. Much better results. Good luck.

lea5 said:
I'm sorry bludacious. Don't give up. Keep trying. Practice makes perfect. I'm getting better at my braidouts, twistouts and bantus. They're not perfect yet but they are getting better each time. I've never used flexi rods so I can't comment on them. Are you doing your twistouts wet or dry. I did mine wet the first few times. My shoulder length hair turned into a short curly afro. So now I do them dry. Much better results. Good luck.

Thanks,

I tried doing the twist out wet. I am going to give it another shot next week!

I agree practice makes perfect. Maybe if you told us exactly what you did we can help or offer other suggestions?

Girl, give it another try. I am still trying to master a rollerset after months and months of trying. You will get it right! :up:

I am thinking perhaps my problem is shrinkage. It doesn't matter the length of my hair but water causes shrinkage. I did the twist on wet hair. I am thinking about trying KHA method for twist out. Her twist-out are the absolute bomb. Then I could try it on dry hair, too.

My hair also look dry. What can I add for shine. I added a moisturizer to my wet hair but that didn't help.

Do you add anything like shea butter to the section before you twist it?

I get great results with that.

My twist outs look better if I put the twist into a banut knot. For some reason a twist out just looks like I was electrocuted! When I put it into a banut knot though...it comes out great.

How long is your hair? Many great "twist-outers" agree that your twist outs look better the longer your hair is.

I suggest keep trying.

pookeylou said:
Do you add anything like shea butter to the section before you twist it?

I get great results with that.

My twist outs look better if I put the twist into a banut knot. For some reason a twist out just looks like I was electrocuted! When I put it into a banut knot though...it comes out great.

How long is your hair? Many great "twist-outers" agree that your twist outs look better the longer your hair is.

I suggest keep trying.

Thanks Pookeylou,

I have shoulder length hair. Water makes my hair shrink. I have mango butter. I will try that on my twists next time. Again, Thanks!

Try again... I've found that hair that is only slightly damp sets better in bantus and on flexirods. Dry hair will work also if you use some product to dampen (I suggest using dabs of a mixture of leave-in conditioner, shine serum, and setting foam). Its easier to do a smooth set from the ends to roots when hair is dryer.

Back