I Ghosted My Boyfriend Of 5 Years

She sounds crazy lol. The fact that he didn't even try to hide it (she has a key to his place yet he has other women there knowing the possibility of being caught) and has been stringing her along for 5 years says a lot.

Guys like that hurt when they see you walking around looking like a 10 and married to a man 10x better than they can ever be.
Men bring women home all of the time. They are just stupid. Ya’ll thinking with logic.

I actually did this almost to a T with my ex/husband. He's still not mentally ok, men note actions, not words. I planned for several months to divorce him, he never felt anything and one day I just moved out one day while he was at work out of town. I didn't even take much but I would loved to see him when he got home.

Last edited:
Five years is a long time. There would have to be a confrontation. :laugh: She probably thinks about him every day, though, hoping he contacts her some way.

Probably, but this is exactly why she was smart to completely disconnect from him and make it difficult for him to contact her. That way she won't get caught in a weak moment.

As for him, he may or may not care about her or the fact that she's gone. But he definitely cares that a woman took the control that he thought was his. I also would have left something to let him know I was there just so he can know how dumb he is.

What did you expect him to say? Men are invested in gaming us into low self esteem (even friends). Wanna see what ghosting does, catch a guy who has experienced it when his guard is down. Its absolutely pathetic.
You see we want to believe what we want to believe as women to make ourselves feel better (case in point the op). As a woman I take a different approach, if I want to know a man's perspective, I ask a man versus a group of women.

You see we want to believe what we want to believe as women to make ourselves feel better (case in point the op). As a woman I take a different approach, if I want to know a man's perspective, I ask a man versus a group of women.

I said observe. That is where the answers are. You always should ignore what they say- and look at what they do. Every friend that has acted on what a man told her has always come out of it looking stupid. But if it works for you- cool.

I said observe. That is where the answers are. You always should ignore what they say- and look at what they do. Every friend that has acted on what a man told her has always come out of it looking stupid. But if it works for you- cool.

Right. Not all men are the same even though I notice on this board many believe the same rules apply to every man. In reality they come from different backgrounds, with various values, personalities, perspectives on life and morals.

I'm sorry for your friends and the men they surround themselves with? :lol:

Sounds like a bitter man's response. Why would she still be single and thinking of him? What is that based on? Contrary to what people believe, women can move on and cut off men instantly. It's not a foreign concept.
I don't think he's bitter. 2018 is treating him pretty well so far. However if I were to.suppose, if she moved on then she may not have created that post.

You have to be careful of getting a man's opinion regarding women, they often come from a place of bitterness or anger. A man whose been hurt by a woman will still remember it from fifth grade and emotionally punish every woman he encounters, which ironically sounds like the guy is talking about himself.

I only take the opinion of married men or men in very committed relationships, I wouldn't put much value on the opinion of a single man.

Let me add this... maybe she was already at her wits end with the relationship and seeing him with the ex is what it took for her to walk away and not turn back. Ghosting isn’t that difficult!

I also want to add that I couldnt have been the ex... I would have heard her come in! I’m a very light sleeper. Also... I can sense the presence of another woman :look:.

You have to be careful of getting a man's opinion regarding women, they often come from a place of bitterness or anger. A man whose been hurt by a woman will still remember it from fifth grade and emotionally punish every woman he encounters, which ironically sounds like the guy is talking about himself.

I only take the opinion of married men or men in very committed relationships, I wouldn't put much value on the opinion of a single man.

Some women love to think that that some man actually confides in them. That comment posted by that guy was shady AF and borderline disrespectful - but he's trustworthy and upstanding. LOL!

Maybe she's young ,because most of us know that its all too common for single men to befriend a woman and wait years for the weak moment to get in there screw her and then dog her out. Dudes can be way too selfish ,narcissistic and manipulative for any woman with common sense to believe half of what they say. The woman they are screwing probably can't trust them, but they are being transparent with a "friend".

Sorry to derail the thread but sheesh !

Last edited:
I don't think he's bitter. 2018 is treating him pretty well so far. However if I were to.suppose, if she moved on then she may not have created that post.
I had to come back to this because you said you asked a man and now you're convinced said woman in the post hasn't moved on and she still cares.

She probably created the post in the same vein I tell women, keep it moving on these men, there are 10 million more out the. As I said, I walked out on a 17 year marriage, remarried in 15 months and my ex is still super concerned with what I'm doing and extremely bitter. I even recently told him he's so bitter he's like a little punk :lol: And he does the most verbal 'I don't care this and that too' :lol:

Also, I had three of DH's colleagues over last night, two married and one LT dating, I just randomly asked them because I was on here and they were all like "oh yea that's cold/she wasn't playing huh/he's probably still somewhere shook, etc. Never did they say she cared or she was still single. They gave short, who cares answers because they are men and dumb. But they also gave the answer most men would give who aren't bitter Brad's. Yes, ask men their opinions but men overall just aren't that smart. They don't give deep and involved answers about anything they aren't personally invested in in some way or haven't experienced. I don't know your friend but I can tell by reading his reply he's likely been left in some way, at some time by his dream girl or he's been dumped quickly.. Men only care about the women who left them, not because they even wanted them but because their ego can't take it. They are hoping said woman hasn't moved on.

I had to come back to this because you said you asked a man and now you're convinced said woman in the post hasn't moved on and she still cares.

She probably created the post in the same vein I tell women, keep it moving on these men, there are 10 million more out the. As I said, I walked out on a 17 year marriage, remarried in 15 months and my ex is still super concerned with what I'm doing and extremely bitter. I even recently told him he's so bitter he's like a little punk :lol: And he does the most verbal 'I don't care this and that too' :lol:

Also, I had three of DH's colleagues over last night, two married and one LT dating, I just randomly asked them because I was on here and they were all like "oh yea that's cold/she wasn't playing huh/he's probably still somewhere shook, etc. Never did they say she cared or she was still single. They gave short, who cares answers because they are men and dumb. But they also gave the answer most men would give who aren't bitter Brad's. Yes, ask men their opinions but men overall just aren't that smart. They don't give deep and involved answers about anything they aren't personally invested in in some way or haven't experienced. I don't know your friend but I can tell by reading his reply he's likely been left in some way, at some time by his dream girl or he's been dumped quickly.. Men only care about the women who left them, not because they even wanted them but because their ego can't take it. They are hoping said woman hasn't moved on.
I responded before I asked his opinion. It's probably on the first page. I was convinced she flew off the coo coo nest before. I agreed with what he said and I expressed it before asking him or posting his response. However people seem to have a huge issue with that idk why. I don't participate in group think though which I realize is an issue on this board (I've expressed that sentiment before as well).

Secondly, I do think she cares and I think she's a bit crazy as well. All of that to prove a point to a man who doesn't care about her is extreme and crazy. Just living your life, looking good and genuinely moving on is enough to make a man want you. Men typically want what they cannot get.

Changing your number .5 mind after, calling your family to tell them un friend and block, breaking your lease etc in a matter of hours then posting it for validation is odd. I agree with my friend , she's probably still single and caring and hoping that he's missing her when there's a strong chance that he's happy he got rid of her crazy behind. He set it up so good to get rid of her.

Secondly I think it's strange that women don't ask male opinion. If I want to know how a man thinks I ask a man. I then ask women how to handle "man think" in an appropriate manner.

Back