I Ghosted My Boyfriend Of 5 Years

I wonder if the boyfriend even tried to call? Cheating with the ex doesn't necessarily mean he wanted to be with the ex. People cheat without wanting to leave their partners. I'm only saying this because I hope he is calling her and wondering what happened and begging her to come back while she's moving on with her life.

I remember I posted a thread a few years ago when I found out my boyfriend at the time was still married. Even though he was separated he never even told me. I was in his apartment at the time and he wasn't home. Members here suggested I leave a note saying I know and have a nice life and block him with no explanation. I wish I had posted the thread before I left because looking back now I would totally do that. I wish I had wrote a note in lipstick on the mirror or something and then blocked him. We did have our confrontation and it was sweet because it was accidental and I didn't even want to discuss it anymore when he finally did.

I think he probably did call her and try to tell her some lie about it wasn’t him or it happened once. Men aren’t completely heartless, like there’s 3% there that still cares. He was with her for five years so apparently he thought that was a good-ish thing and beneficial for him to keep up. Plus men hate it when you hurt their pride and ghosting on him and getting her friends to do the same probably really wounded his ego. He would call her for no other reason than to be the one to do the break-up.

Guys lie that they don't care. In fact they hurt worse than we do but are pros at hiding it. Catch one of them after a few drinks with their guard down. You'll be surprised at some of the regrets and tears that come pouring out. The stress of not being able to download their feelings, pretty much chokes them even if they are the perps.

Guys lie that they don't care. In fact they hurt worse than we do but are pros at hiding it. Catch one of them after a few drinks with their guard down. You'll be surprised at some of the regrets and tears that come pouring out. The stress of not being able to download their feelings, pretty much chokes them even if they are the perps.

Forty year old guys be talking about girls that did them wrong in high school.

I was a professional ghoster, and I know firsthand that makes men go NUTS. Especially the types that would string someone on for five years. He's blown right now and probably going though all the ways in his brain he can find her and have the last word.

For me to really be a ghost I would have done everything. But once I saw the hot mess in his bed, I would have backed up, took the breakfast , returned the video game and throw the key in the east river. He really wouldn't have know what the hell happened. Not like the trolip cared anyways.

I do believe that there are men out here who mess up and genuinely regret their actions and the hurt they inflict on women, but the guy described in the op doesn't sound like he'd be that man. Like, he screwed his ex in his home knowing his woman had a key. She even mentioned that the ex was "curled up in his arms."

Whatever kind of "caring" he's doing at this point most likely comes from a place of pure selfishness and pride.

Last edited:
She sounds crazy lol. The fact that he didn't even try to hide it (she has a key to his place yet he has other women there knowing the possibility of being caught) and has been stringing her along for 5 years says a lot.

Guys like that hurt when they see you walking around looking like a 10 and married to a man 10x better than they can ever be.

I applaud the effort. I think more women should make completely clean breaks from people who prove to be traitorous whether it's romantic, friend or family. I don't know that it matters whether a traitor cares or not. They do what they do.

Whenever I hear women say they need closure I get the sense that what they really want is an "opening" to give the person another chance or ask to be given another chance for whatever real or imagined thing they did to cause the conflict.

If somebody does me dirty, that is the closure.

For me to really be a ghost I would have done everything. But once I saw the hot mess in his bed, I would have backed up, took the breakfast , returned the video game and throw the key in the east river. He really wouldn't have know what the hell happened. Not like the trolip cared anyways.

I've done this twice over less. I left no evidence why I'm done or when I was done. I just went poof. 1 never knew where I lived and the other I moved to Indy the next day.

However, I ran into one of them in a grocery store. He went from compliments to asking why and what happened and if we can pick up where we left off. I ended up abandoning my cart(buggy for you southerners. LOL) and left the store because he kept pestering and started causing a scene.

Back