After over 5 years of natchal hair I texlaxed

I loved your fotki--I could hardly pull myself away from it! Your hair is beautiful natural and texturized. You did a really good job.

ETA: You look so much like one of my best friends.

Last edited:
Awwwww its BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I love it!!!

I just texlaxed too a couple weeks ago and I love it. I'm sure you will too.

Given your recent post I do not think there is a soul on the board who is in doubt about how much you love your texlaxed hair:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Turnergirl...to tell you the truth I can't really tell the difference. I looks flawless...but it did before you texlaxed as well.:grin::grin:

TG, you were one of my natural inspirations!!! I was all up in your Fotki when I big chopped. :grin:

You're still an inspiration, because your hair is just as beautiful texlaxed, as it was natural. :yep:

After I got a quite a few pms about if I was texlaxed I figured I should start a thread. I honestly didn't think anyone would notice because I rarely post here and I don't know many people on this board. I spent most of my time posting on another board exclusively for naturals until after I started contemplating texlaxing a year or so ago.

Anyway, I did it and I like it. I will love it once I get my hair exactly where I want it to be. I was nervous my hair would get too straight if I went for the gusto. Now I know excatly what to do. So sometime in April I will touchup and correct. This thread is quite late, I texlaxed in the middle of January, because as I mentioned earlier I didn't think I needed to.

Here it is. Pics are attached and there are more in my album

Edited to Add...the attachments are not working so I will have to add pics later. I know:needpics: I'll be back.

Before
1-22-2008-122.jpg

After
PICT0826.jpg

This one gives a better view of the texture
PICT0828.jpg

Until I retouch and get my texture where I want it, I wear the back in a cornrow pinned down. Hopefully this will minimize those terrible knots I get.
PICT0827.jpg

I just wanted to say I think your hair is beautiful! I love curly hair. I only wish my hair was curly like that naturally. :nono::sad:

Your hair is beautiful either way. I think you did a great job on your texlaxing and I loved hanging out in your fotki.

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. I love it, great texture! You and your hair are GORGEOUS

I wish my hair came out like that when I texlaxed/texturized, mine is way to straight!!!

Thank you. I went through great pains to keep my hair from getting straight. Unfortunately, that left my hair way more textured than I wanted but that is better than having it straighter than I wanted. I can always do a corrective.

Given your recent post I do not think there is a soul on the board who is in doubt about how much you love your texlaxed hair:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Turnergirl...to tell you the truth I can't really tell the difference. I looks flawless...but it did before you texlaxed as well.:grin::grin:

ITA about Naturallady!!!

Thankyou so much.

Back