I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challenge!

I still do it. My ends always feel good. I haven't had hard ends yet, and it works whether my hair is just blowdried, or flatironed. I am going to do this to help me retain length.

I still do it too. I plan to continue doing it for the remainder of the bun challenge (August 2004) and most likely thereafter.

keylargo, how tight are you pulling your bun, and what are you using to secure it? i normally use the ponytail holder with the balls (aka bolita), but i suggest using the cutoff stocking because you just can't pull your hair as tight with that.

hondahoney, i usually only put the Vaseline once a week. even though i will take it down the first evening to let my hair dry, i don't usually need to add anymore product to my ends. that's just me though. if your ends feel dry, add more. as i always say... "listen to the hair!"
laugh.gif

I cut off a stocking and tied it into a ban. My hair is not quite long enough to pull through the stocking like I believe you do. I use the stocking material like a rubberband. i think my temple area is improving. I've been parting my hair down the middle or two the side instead of just pulling it straight back. I think that's helping.

I learned about this before coming to this board and I gotta admit the difference in your ends is amazing.

I used Profectiv Healthy Ends instead of vaseline and it actually worked better. But vaseline is cheaper and it's still effective so I switched over.

Adrienne, you dont ever have to worry about me stopping! I LOVE the way my ends feel. I have 2 people that I trust to put scissors any where near me. One is my sister-in-law who lives 17 hours away, so you know my cuts/trims are far and few. Anyway, she's home for the holiday and of course I asked her to check my ends to see if I needed a trim or had split ends..........NADA.....not one. Plus she was like sealing in the moisture with the grease was the way to go. She has beautiful thick hair and once attended cosmetology school too, so I really trust her opinions. THANKS again girl for hookin a sistah up with the tip of the year!
clap.gif
wink.gif

Can you comb out your hair after you put the vaseline in your hair? I usually put my hair in a ponytail. i put a roller in it every night. I add more vaseline every day. How should i wash it out?

patticake..... you are 100% right that it seems that the Vaseline must absorbed itself into the hair, even with a plastic bag trapping it in! I love what it must be doing to my hair already and it has only been 4 days for my daughter and I.

[ QUOTE ]
patticake said:
i finally tried this last night. i put a nice amount of vaseline on my ends then put my hair in the usual bun for the night. i was really scared me hair would be weighted down in the morning because it was so stiff. however, this morning when i took my hair down it was so silky and smooth! and it wasn't even stiff anymore. i'm am definitely a firm believer in vaseline now!

[/ QUOTE ]

i would like to join in- so far so good- I am currently taking flaxseed oil 1000mg-2x daily with a full glass of water- l-lysine-1000mg orally-1x daily -1 hr prior to dinner meal-evening primrose oil-500mg-2/2xdaily ,vitamin e-400 IU- 1x daily- vitaball(multivitamin gumball).

carmeldiva, I love the softness I am getting in my hair with both this and EVERYTHING else I have learned and applied so far. I even have my daughter's hair becoming more healthy. I am sure happ to have the form avaliable to all of us. My supplement list can be found in my profile.

Is anyone getting greasy all over their pillow cases? I put a satin bonnet over my head, but it goes right through onto my pillow case. Maybe I should put a plastic cap over my head first?

[ QUOTE ]
honeycomb said:
Is anyone getting greasy all over their pillow cases? I put a satin bonnet over my head, but it goes right through onto my pillow case. Maybe I should put a plastic cap over my head first?

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you put plastic wrap or a plastic baggy around your bun?

[ QUOTE ]
carmella25 said:
[ QUOTE ]
honeycomb said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you put plastic wrap or a plastic baggy around your bun?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not wearing a bun, I'm doing flat-twist for twist-outs or cornrows for cornrow-outs. I was thinking about putting a stocking cap over my head and then my satin bonnet, or wearing a plastic cap over my entire head at night.

so do I , I curled my hair sunday, it was horrible, am gain lenght, but it does not look healthy I have cut and trimed and I got the Slipt ender which I returned, if it does work for me, then its a big money saver and hair saver, I love simple things
smirk.gif
I dont really wear a bun its seems hard to get my hair that ay, but do braid count if I tie the ends up in a bag while they are wet, I try a bun tomorrow, but I put S8 on my scalp daily

My hair become hard, and very grease, when I washed it monday, CW, and it still is, I applied to my hair when it was wet, and add the Vaseline, put it in a bun left it alone, and now it feel horrible
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
happylocks said:
My hair become hard, and very grease, when I washed it monday, CW, and it still is, I applied to my hair when it was wet, and add the Vaseline, put it in a bun left it alone, and now it feel horrible
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well happylocks, the V-method doesn't seem to be working for you, you should fall back onto your regular routine to get your hair back on track.

This doesn't work for a few of the members here who've tried it. So don't feel bad.

Thanks skegeesmb, it worked when I was wearing several braids in my hair,and tied it up with some pieces of a plastic bag, my ends stay moist the whole day, but it did not work with the bun, I did cover my hair, it did not stay moist or even wet, or soften up when I sprayed my hair daily, I wont give up, I want this too work, My ends are very ruff and I dont want to have to cut them, cause they just go back to ruff
ohwell.gif
ill keep trying till I find a way to make it work for me, while wearing a bun
thanks so much for the reply
wave.gif
HND

I've been doing a modified version of this with Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil grease. I'm lovin it so far. The grease actually doesn't have any petroleum in it, but the texture is the same as grease. It leaves my hair feeling soft. The vaseline left too much buildup for me though.

I tried it and really really really wanted it to work for me but it didn't. I had so much build up that it took me several shampoos to get it out. Pure petroleum and my hair simply do not mix!

I tried this and didn't care much for it. Maybe I was doing something wrong? I'll just stick to my cornrowed bun this summer.

Ok I'm in on this. I'm starting tomorrow morning.

Ok so I did the warm water rinse thing and my ends are beautiful!!! Thanks so much!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
TBird said:
Even though its almost a year later, I'm going to try this

[/ QUOTE ]

You could always start a new thread for a new vaseline-ends challenge
smile.gif
... since this one is so old.

Back