I cut 8-10" of my hair today!!!

~~HoneyComb~~

I was ready for a change, and although I wanted to grow my hair WL, I couldn't deal with the amount of time I was spending on my hair....so I cut it myself today. Will I grow it back? Right now I believe that I won't grow it as long as I had it, but I probably will grow it out a few more inches, just enough to be able to do something different. The only thing I'll miss is my ponypuff, but right now I'm pretty happy and I'm going to enjoy my new style. Pics are in my album.

I was ready for a change, and although I wanted to grow my hair WL, I couldn't deal with the amount of time I was spending on my hair....so I cut it myself today. Will I grow it back? Right now I believe that I won't grow it as long as I had it, but I probably will grow it out a few more inches, just enough to be able to do something different. The only thing I'll miss is my ponypuff, but right now I'm pretty happy and I'm going to enjoy my new style. Pics are in my album.

okaaay Congrats on the cut! :thud:

as long as your happy thats all that matters :thud:

Right now it's about 4-6" around, this is how I used to wear it before I started growing it out, that way I'm about to do a wng and my fingercurls.

Your new cut is gorgeous. And you did it yourself?!?!?! It's a great shape.

Thank you. Yes I did it myself, I still have to fine tune it a little, but it's basically the shape I want. I cut my hair all the time. This is my 3rd BC since becoming natural, I know it'll grow back when I want it to:yep:.

OH MY GOSH!!!!!

Your cut is beautiful but it was hard looking at that pile of beautiful hair that you cut off.

Your cut really brings out your features. You are gorgeous!:yep:

OH MY GOSH!!!!!

Your cut is beautiful but it was hard looking at that pile of beautiful hair that you cut off.

Your cut really brings out your features. You are gorgeous!:yep:

Thank you! Surprisingly it wasn't hard at all to see my hair laying in a pile like that, it was surprisingly liberating :lachen:, I felt free!!!

It is beautiful both long and short! Change is GOOD!
I just love it both ways! Glad you are happy with it.

This is how I looked when I saw the last pics... :eek:

It is beautiful both long and short! Change is GOOD!
I just love it both ways! Glad you are happy with it.

This is how I looked when I saw the last pics... :eek:

I know it looks shocking, and you're right change is good. My hair feels so much better, it was beginning not to feel that great as it got longer, I was too tired to take really good care of it like I should. Besides, I have a daughter with butt-length hair and between the two of us, I was burned-out from so much hair.

When I saw this thread it shocked me for a couple of seconds: my eyes got so big lol, but I think you look beautiful and the curls are still pretty. You did a very good job.

people like me struggling to get 1" and other people cutting off 8+ !!!!!!!!!!!!

anyhoww - cute cut .. your daughter must be proud to have a mother who knows and about hair and takes care of it as well as you seem to do

You look beautiful with your tapered cut!!!!!! Keep enjoying your hair - that is what's most important!!! :grin:

people like me struggling to get 1" and other people cutting off 8+ !!!!!!!!!!!!

anyhoww - cute cut .. your daughter must be proud to have a mother who knows and about hair and takes care of it as well as you seem to do

For real! lol
I'm sad for me, but happy that you're happy with it.
(aren't i selfish!?)

Why am I sad? Girl I ran in here so fast thinking Oh no she didn't! I'm glad you're happy though. My heart just about stopped though when I saw that pile of hair.

It's....... it's very pretty. All my..... I mean your hair. You look very pretty.
36_1_44.gif

Simply beautiful. I really like it.
Wow all that twisted up hair in a pile, but not to worry, if you miss it you'll grow it back.

Back