How to Conversate W/ A Very Untalkative Man

Curly, when I've dated quiet guys before it wasn't that they weren't into me, in fact they liked the fact that I was high energy and talkative because it took the pressure off of them to initiate and sustain conversation. But it really is a lot of work to keep up a convo on your own.

How comfortable would you be with saying next to nothing next time you're together? You might want to try it out because if you aren't a natural motor mouth and he's never going to get out of his quietness, eventually your relationship will be filled with lots of quite space....might be good to try it out and see how it feels and then decide is that something that would work for you.
I actually can't wait to try it out :lachen:. It should be pretty interesting...but I already know what he is going to say. "You got a whole bunch to say in text but you aint talking to me." or "You aint even talking to me." Mind you his head was spinning from tequila....:rolleyes:. So I ended up falling asleep on him....:look:

I love laid back men who dont say much :look: And usually the ones I talk to may be on the quiet side but when they do speak its very very profound :lol: Overly talkative men frustrate me to no end.

I have dated a really quiet type a fella. He will even admit himself that he is a man of very few words. It got on my LAST nerves because I like someone who has opinions, who can make me laugh, who will express themselves to me. I kinda complained about it and he would try to do all of the above but try as he might, he really just didn't have anything substantial to say about much. Overtime I ended up becoming annoyed and losing interest. He still likes me but I can't deal with him. Sorry but guys who can't hold a convo don't do it for me.

Maybe he will be one day...I would like him to. But right now, we're are just trying to get to know each other. But it's so difficult because he really doesn't talk. He will talk to you, but you have to start up a convo. Maybe I will be quiet around him....he said that there are things he wants to know about me, but he wants me to tell him something about myself...:rolleyes:

I don't know what to tell you. I'm like that. I was told that someone had to force me to talk to them, so they could get to know me.

ETA once I know you though I will talk and I will talk a lot.

I have dated a really quiet type a fella. He will even admit himself that he is a man of very few words. It got on my LAST nerves because I like someone who has opinions, who can make me laugh, who will express themselves to me. I kinda complained about it and he would try to do all of the above but try as he might, he really just didn't have anything substantial to say about much. Overtime I ended up becoming annoyed and losing interest. He still likes me but I can't deal with him. Sorry but guys who can't hold a convo don't do it for me.
Just cause they don't openly express their opinions and thoughts doesn't mean their head is just empty and they have none. :yep:
I don't know what to tell you. I'm like that. I was told that someone had to force me to talk to them, so they could get to know me.

ETA once I know you though I will talk and I will talk a lot.
:yep::yep::yep: This is me exactly. I am very shy but once pandora's box is opened....:drunk::spinning::blush:

Just cause they don't openly express their opinions and thoughts doesn't mean their head is just empty and they have none. :yep:

:yep::yep::yep: This is me exactly. I am very shy but once pandora's box is opened....:drunk::spinning::blush:

You are absolutely correct. But when I am in a relationship with someone, I like knowing their values, where they stand on certain issues, what the heck is going through their mind. That's how we get to know each other better and for me, that's the only way we will work...communication is key.

So Curly are you still seeing this guy?

And did you try the reverse psychology strategy and go mute on one of your dates?

Enquiring minds want to know! :lol:

Back