How To Attract A Rich Man

Thanks barbiesocialite I was hoping you (and Zaynab would respond to my post.

I'm also a mother to an almost 19 year old AND I'm not interested in having more children. I say this because I notice that most women who marry wealthy men get pregnant within the first few months of being married. I'm interested in living and enjoying my life with a wealthy gentleman :look::look::look:

Ah, yes...Mellody Hobson. She married VERY well.

Within the past few weeks I've been cleaning out my closet I tend to lean more towards a classic edgy type of style; not that there's anything wrong with that , however, a bit of boho has crept in and I've gotten rid of all those clothes (kept a little of the edgy though). I've also introduced more dresses, blazers, high heeled pumps and jewelry into my wardrobe.

Hmmm, does the natural hair have to go? It's usually kept in a (pretty) stretched-out curled twist-out.

*copy/paste*

No, not at all. Natural hair can work in your favor, esp when youre looking to attract more polished seasoned men. Matter of fact, your styling sounds ideal. Dont get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with weave or straightened hair but it seems that a lot of nonblack well-off men (more of those with money than bm) prefer the natural look bc when they want a black girl, they want a REAL black girl through and through. lol As long as youre not walking around with a head full of buckshots looking like who shot john you're natural hair is perfectly fine. :look::lol:

One thing I've noticed is that women in your age bracket tend to be very forthcoming about their expectations/standards. The insecurity of youth can go against women in general bc of how men interpret women's ages and also, insecure natures go against wealth/money mentality in general. that being said, particularly if you dont want any more children, rich divorcees are right up your alley. Your profile takes off some of the pressure, making it easier for you to slide right on in.

I'm not sure I have much else of use to add, Zayna knows a lot of similar women to yourself tho. :yep:

just my two cents, but I think it's easier for women with your profile than it is for any other category of black woman. Young women tend to play around too much and get played around with more often than not which is why many dont actually make it down the aisle married to money until later anyway, even if they started dating money years before. Petite brown-skin women in their late thirties and early forties seem most likely to hit the jackpot, particularly since the men they are dating are their peers or older. Also, brown skin slender women are the "type" rich white men love. Mellody Hobsbon anyone???

what say you Zaynab

I'd agree with this. Most men serious about dating a certain type of woman wouldn't want to fool with anyone under 30 probably. Most of those women would appear to thirsty, either not dress the part and/or show that their intentions weren't sincere.

*copy/paste*

No, not at all. Natural hair can work in your favor, esp when youre looking to attract more polished seasoned men. Matter of fact, your styling sounds ideal. Dont get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with weave or straightened hair but it seems that a lot of nonblack well-off men (more of those with money than bm) prefer the natural look bc when they want a black girl, they want a REAL black girl through and through. lol As long as youre not walking around with a head full of buckshots looking like who shot john you're natural hair is perfectly fine. :look::lol:

One thing I've noticed is that women in your age bracket tend to be very forthcoming about their expectations/standards. The insecurity of youth can go against women in general bc of how men interpret women's ages and also, insecure natures go against wealth/money mentality in general. that being said, particularly if you dont want any more children, rich divorcees are right up your alley. Your profile takes off some of the pressure, making it easier for you to slide right on in.

I'm not sure I have much else of use to add, Zayna knows a lot of similar women to yourself tho. :yep:

I think this is true, as you're older you know exactly what you want and what you don't want. And some men with money--outside of rappers and ballers aren't looking for a 12 year old prototype looking wife--yes you need to be appealing physically but you should develop some substance too. I think some men shy away from older women in fear they are bitter or carry battle scars--so it would behoove you to be very sweet and charming to sort of move beyond that stereotype. It's hard for me to e-gleam personalities/types, etc on this board but most of the women I know that are my age (36) are re-married and re-married well with 1 or more children. I don't think having children is an issue at all- I think it's more about who you are and who you attract. I don't know if you can learn self confidence but along with a look, that IMO is the the main factor.

Volunteering.......Great way to meet men, you will have something passionate to discuss and makes you look like a kind hearted indivdual:grin:

Last edited:
SophieDulce, any specific tips? I started volunteering in my city, but all the projects I've helped out with have all women volunteers. Maybe it's because I choose things that have to do with kids because I like kids, lol.

Oh another thing extreme sports, 5K's, half marathons. My DH and I run races and I can't tell you how many men I see at these kind of events. Men with free time/money, etc are likely to indulge in those kind of sports because they can be costly. And if you're looking for non-BM too, that whole area is big. I don't see many AA women when I go to races or tri's.

Oh another thing extreme sports, 5K's, half marathons. My DH and I run races and I can't tell you how many men I see at these kind of events. Men with free time/money, etc are likely to indulge in those kind of sports because they can be costly. And if you're looking for non-BM too, that whole area is big. I don't see many AA women when I go to races or tri's.

I forgot about that, yup my mom has been meeting so many men this way. Shes like this is great!!!:lachen:Shes been trying to get me to do marathons with her, running is just not my thing:nono:

I forgot about that, yup my mom has been meeting so many men this way. Shes like this is great!!!:lachen:Shes been trying to get me to do marathons with her, running is just not my thing:nono:

A friend of ours was ready to star dating again after a divorce, he's into extreme sports, cross fit, iron man etc so he kept saying he was only interested in women who were equally fit, shared those interests. Most of my AA friends aren't into that stuff so I introduced him to a newly divorced friend who was attractive slim, etc but not 'active', he didn't pursue a relationship with her BUT when I saw him again he was dating a girl that WALKED 5K's and would ride bikes with him while he trained. She also wasn't as slim as the first girl--I'd say 'thick on the way to fat' which I said to DH I thought he was adamant about weight, appearance? DH said men do like to see fit women but they like seeing 'active' as well, that it shows you're fun and willing to be a bit carefree-so the weight wasn't a primary factor because he saw how 'fun' she was. :yep: I thought that was really interesting. :yep:

If you're in the DMV, head to Preakness this weekend @ Pimilico Race track in Baltimore. stacks on stacks on stacks :yep:

I went last year but was in the grandstand. I planned to go but can't make it this year. I would say you have to be under a tent to meet someone with real wealth. I can't remember the name of the section but Tix aren't too bad in terms of cost.

I wish I could stand golf tournaments. :lol: :look: It takes sooooooooooooooooo long.

UGH and you can't talk:lol: I almost got thrown out of a one last month. And then listen my DS plays golf right, so at the kids tourney's, they replicate everything, like DH or I can caddie or we can pay $20 to have a caddie:rolleyes:, wtf. Anyway so I played caddie and they asked DH to come in my place because I kept talking:look:

UGH and you can't talk:lol: I almost got thrown out of a one last month. And then listen my DS plays golf right, so at the kids tourney's, they replicate everything, like DH or I can caddie or we can pay $20 to have a caddie:rolleyes:, wtf. Anyway so I played caddie and they asked DH to come in my place because I kept talking:look:

bwahaha that's a mess. I can totally see that happening. I'm usually #teamDH on your stuff, I'm surprised he let you go. seems like you'd give your DS a nervous condition :lachen:

bwahaha that's a mess. I can totally see that happening. I'm usually #teamDH on your stuff, I'm surprised he let you go. seems like you'd give your DS a nervous condition :lachen:

I'm mindful of my personality, I know when to press and not to press. But I was being too chatty--DS was MORTIFIED because you know his aspie personality doesn't like things that aren't "appropriate". The golf officials were like you can go to the sideline now.:look:

Oh I mean come on, I almost got thrown out of Arlington:look:

Tennis matches are my thing. Sit there and comment the whole time. :lol:

OT: Did you know that almost every year, there are more tennis scholarships available than there are kids to receive them? Not just for college either. Many private high schools give athletic scholarships for tennis.

I have a confession. I cannot look like a million bucks everyday. I love flats, I refuse to do my hair EVERY DAY, I will not put on make up everyday (too much time). I have to find the energy so I can step my game up. I mean, I look everyday presentable for the average Joe but surely not a wealthy man. :(

I don't think you have to look "dressed up" everyday to look presentable. I think it goes back to what a lot of what of people were saying in the "Can you tell if a woman is taken care of?" thread. Last time I went to the doctor, one of the doctors from the other suite(?) or whatever you call the whole building came into my doctor's office and started chatting me up, asking if we could have dinner sometime and I have to admit that I was a bit taken aback because I was suuuuuuper casual, like Reeboks, a tshirt and a bun, so I was basically planning not to go anywhere else dressed like that that day because I felt bummy. I know a doctor isn't considered "rich" and you're premed so you probably have your fill of them anyway, but I think looking nice just goes to making sure your foundation--skin, hair, nails--are presentable and we're all in the right place for that. I was puzzled as to what made this guy want to approach somebody in sneaks and a tshirt but I mean, the basics were there because you always carry your smile and shiny hair with you. lol. Plus I had on a watch and modest accessories so that it was clear I put effort in and was doing a "tshirt look" instead of just throwing on a tshirt :look:

Golfing...met CEO of well known company, he has his own corporate jet at his disposal...he would practically fly to whatever city I happen to be in that week.It was fun for a while,but as rich as he was, I don't think he needed a girlfriend, he needed a therapist, dude would boo-hoo tears when I couldn't see him. Had to throw him back

awww :lol:

I seem to attract rich men. Although I am not married, I do know that most rich men will let you know they want you for their wife very quickly. I have been tiold I attract them for marriage because I do not care about their money and am not out seeking them and they pick up on it quickly. I have been out with girlfriends who are on a hunt for wealthy men and these men rarely go for them, even though they are beautiful. These types of guys usually want a women who takes care of herself but not necessarily independently wealthy. They want a woman who is intelligent, as intelligent as they are as they want to someone they can talk to at home, however, I don't think what the woman does for work makes a big difference. They also want someone they could see raising their children. They are really concerned that the woman is not a gold-digger as most are very protective of their money and do not want a woman who they suspect might leave once the marriage is sealed and they have a few kids. They want someone who is in there for the long haul, to protect their earnings.

I met a guy when I was about 25 who was 39 and very wealthy. He pursued me quickly and offerred marriage at out third date. He was very blunt and stated that he saw that I was not materialistic but intelligent and he liked my style. This guy had many women pursuing him (including me ex-bff but that is another story :rolleyes:) I told him I would only marriage for love and was not interested as I did not love him. He would not give up and even got on his knees at one point before I moved to NY :look:. This guy is still not married and every now and then will call or text to see if I am married or dating. He says he is still waiting. I finally asked him why me, with all of the women out there. he said that he knew I was someone he could trust with his money. He also said I was adventurous like him and fun to be around. He added that he thought I would be a good mother :) He enjoys life seems to be having fun but I am just so shocked that he is still single :lol:

Other guys have brought up marriage very early too, these guys usually know what they want, if you are dating for a while, he is probably not interested in much more than dating at that time. I would say be yourself, have personal interests, expand your realm of knowledge, about the world and different topics, and dress cute.

I remember meeting a surgeon once at a party. He circled around me for a while, checking me out, he thought he was being discreet. I feigned disinterest and that's when he hit. :lol: He introduced himself as Dr. ___ and said he was an orthopeadic surgeon. I talked about a story I knew of someone who had a a problem with their a fracture in their leg and he was impressed that I knew what he did specifically. He said that most women got it wrong. I think he was hooked at that point :lol: Not that impressive to me but I guess for him it was.

Also, go to events where rich men hang out and learn to get out and network. Have a little mystery too, let the guy come to you. :)

ETA: All of the guys I dated were AA.
I agree with all of this. I probably have never met a very rich man, but this rings true for very well off men as well, from what I observe.

eta: nobody else has posted since my last post. Don't mind me :look: Just working my way through the thread...:look:

I have not read through this thread yet but looking good definitely helps first and foremost. lol

Being in the right spots can only go so far but being the kind of person who is attractive to MOST men will make things almost effortless to a degree.

Baltimore. Owings Mills (my place) and NW Bmore city (mom's place).

I got family in Randallstown. If I move back to the DC area, I might move to Columbia. I'll be in the DMV this summer. Which spots should I check out in DC? I love going to the sculpture museum for their summer happy hour jazz sessions. There is sangria, sometimes snacks and professional men of different races everywhere. However, where can I pick up real money? I'll be in the DMV for 2 months before I head back to south Florida. I want to make some friends before I go because you know what that turns into...

Last edited:
Back