How To Attract A Rich Man

bwahahaha this is how I got most of my friends.:lol: Most of my friends are scattered and random because I pick and choose, observe, then hunt them down. :look:

I am not going to take no for an answer. I'm going to annoy you or irritate you but by golly you are going to like me dammit. Then you'll actually want to hang out with me even though we have nothing in common and I dont always fit in.:lachen:

is this a Pisces thing? i guess it is lolololol
Oh God you sound just like her:grin:

I'm definitely a hustler, but that's because of my family. My parents worked damn hard to give me certain advantages. My father went from being a starving child soldier in the Biafra war to running his own medical practice. My mother is also a MD, and she grew up in the projects on welfare.

They raised me with high expectations and a sense of entitlement. All the guys that I've seriously dated have been upper middle class to wealthy. And I never felt uncomfortable around them, because I felt like that's the kind of lifestyle that I deserve.

That's why I'm dead set on private schools for my children, I want them to have the same grooming that I had.

HollyGolightly You're Naija?? My dad fought in that war too...

Anyway, I am liking this part of the thread. Forget how to attract a rich man,lol, I am looking on how to expand my networks. Lots of golden nuggets in here.:yep:

I'm curious how you ladies are dressing. When I met my wealthy ex, and a wealthy potential who fizzled out, I was in dresses each time. The first time I was in a simple Trina Turk dress that cut about mid-thigh, but I was seated. The second I was in a similar cut dress by a different designer, but a little more decorative - still you could look at me and see "conservative". I tend to stay away from things that are too tight, or too short - but I have my exceptions.

This may have been discussed before, but if not, I'm interested in hear about what kind of attire you most frequently wear. What has given you the most success in attracting a nice guy?

SweetNic_JA I think that's a great question. I hope others will chime in too. I've deliberately tried to make my wardrobe more male friendly as I noticed I tended towards more staid/classic silhouettes which tend to appeal more to women.

As for me I've noticed that bright colours and eye catching jewelry always get me noticed. Most times, I do dresses and pencil skirts. Just easier for me. I have this one necklace that without fails gets a comment from a guy. Literally without fail. I think it goes back to what I was saying earlier about men looking for openings when trying to approach.

I posted to pics just as a reference to what I was describing. FelaShrine I laughed at your post earlier because you just described me perfectly. The silver dress is cut way down in the front and all the way down in the back lol. Card carrying member of the IBTC

ETA: This is the necklace I was referring to: http://www.masinaco.com/#!product/prd1/266848331/felicia-necklace---peach

PLEASE DONT QUOTE!

Last edited:
1. All my connects are usually based on personal matters--- interests, hobbies, personal relating, etc so it's easy to make plans to do things you already do anyway.

2. I'm an introvert and like I said, a bit of a recluse, so I usually dump people on my long-standing extroverted friends. :look: Those persons I already know they share something in common with or may be of assistance in some shape or facet. That way I get credit for introductions and will always be the middle man/original source. They tend maintain and keep up the friendship or connection independently. My friends and associates tend to eventually become friends/associates with each other. Meanwhile, I'm usually nowhere to be found.:look: But I know everything is on good terms so I can always utilize folks when I need it.:yep:
Hmmmm, I like this part. I am selfish when I come to my friends and prefer that my friendships don't overlap too much. I think you may be on to something here though

^love the silver dress.

shoo I think you can be a Geneieve clone. Hang out with a couple of drunk rich WW and go from there :lol:

Brooke+Burke+Hosts+Private+Beach+Bash+Maritime+4ohdET-fJ8Vl.jpg

I just want some stories. :lol: I am living vicariously through this thread. Plus, I want people to stop researching and start practicing.

^^thanks Fela and Holly!!

I think Ogoma's question is a fair one though in terms of putting to practice the tips on here.

With regards to progress: have I attracted rich men? Yes. Have I attracted rich men I want? No

I've found that going out alone definitely helps specifically upscale bars during happy hour.

Last edited:
I forgot to add, are any of you guys using Guest of a Guest? Their events page is a gold mine of the types of events that we talk about in this thread. Link here:http://guestofaguest.com/calendar/ if you filter events by city you will find charity events and galas, political fundraisers , luxury car launch parties, art gallery auctions, polo matches etc.

Chock full. Some are invite only while others are open to the public and ticketed.

Ahem while we are on the topic of crashing. There is a launch party for a luxury brand I'm thinking of crashing. Its invite only but I'm thinking of just dressing up and acting surprised if they say my name is not on the list. I accidentally crash all the time but I've never done it intentionally...tips??

I forgot to add, are any of you guys using Guest of a Guest? Their events page is a gold mine of the types of events that we talk about in this thread. Link here:http://guestofaguest.com/calendar/ if you filter events by city you will find charity events and galas, political fundraisers , luxury car launch parties, art gallery auctions, polo matches etc.

Chock full. Some are invite only while others are open to the public and ticketed.

Ahem while we are on the topic of crashing. There is a launch party for a luxury brand I'm thinking of crashing. Its invite only but I'm thinking of just dressing up and acting surprised if they say my name is not on the list. I accidentally crash all the time but I've never done it intentionally...tips??

No events for Atlanta *sad face* :sad:

SweetNic_JA I think that's a great question. I hope others will chime in too. I've deliberately tried to make my wardrobe more male friendly as I noticed I tended towards more staid/classic silhouettes which tend to appeal more to women.

As for me I've noticed that bright colours and eye catching jewelry always get me noticed. Most times, I do dresses and pencil skirts. Just easier for me. I have this one necklace that without fails gets a comment from a guy. Literally without fail. I think it goes back to what I was saying earlier about men looking for openings when trying to approach.

I posted to pics just as a reference to what I was describing. FelaShrine I laughed at your post earlier because you just described me perfectly. The silver dress is cut way down in the front and all the way down in the back lol. Card carrying member of the IBTC

ETA: This is the necklace I was referring to: http://www.masinaco.com/#!product/prd1/266848331/felicia-necklace---peach

PLEASE DONT QUOTE!

Thank you. I think we have similar tastes. I'm on the right track. Tonight I went out and went with something a little less conservative, more fun and very eye catching. lol.

So I met another black card holder. I'm really hesistant about guys who are too friendly/not nervous to approach. They can be the worst. However, I agreed to dinner this week and maybe a yacht party on the weekend. We'll see.

Oh I saw the hot sexy Lenny Kravitz in the flesh tonight and meh Cuba Gooding Jr. lol However I was more interested in the older gentleman next to them. I'm not interested in celebs/ballers.

Okay I'm saying too much. Time to retreat and learn some more.

Last edited:
Im so mad that the Bon Vivrant party is sold out. That's the only thing on the guest for a guest list for Aug Im interested in.

very true--nycccc is verrry different---

No in NYC the exclusive circles are tight..super tight. Even if you befriend one it doesn't mean that you'll be going to the group trips or invited to the BIG events held. You might make it to a bday party and pop bottles with them but that's it, lol.

It's deeper than being fly, pretty, educated and likeable.

Just when i thought i have covered this thread n its entirety and believe me i have read every single post till i got to page 30; i gave this thread a 1 week break only to revisit and see another 11 pages being added.

You ladies don't play, i'm taking all the notes i can, many of these i've employed while in my mid to late twenties, not that i have a SO i'm not looking in that area but i will know exactly what to do should i need to AARM later in life.

barbiesocialite can you further explain your process for hunting down and befriending people.

How exactly are you hunting folks down and subsequently befriending them.

Thumbz

IDK how to explain it. I've always been a bit of an opportunist. None of my friends have ever been coincidences or accidents. Even as a kid/teen. I dont believe in wasting time with people or even knowing them, let alone befriending them if there isnt an immediate incentive. EVERYONE in my life has always served a purpose. I've never befriend someone just because they seemed like a nice or good person. That's ridiculous. :look: For example, when I first joined this board, I immediately knew who I was going to be IRL friends/associates with pretty much right away based on a few posts before I ever spoke with them and they ever knew I existed.:look:

There really isnt a process. I'm highly observant and learned to size people up on first impressions/conversations. Basically I just learned to be good at reading people. 90% of communication is nonverbal. People speak loudly and tell you all about themselves before they even open their mouth. I'm also a pretty diverse person, I've never been pigeonholed in any one group or environment because I never fit in anywhere. Consequently, I've been exposed to a lot of people/places outside of my comfort zone that have forced me to gradually learn how to communicate with and deal with new/different/scary/intimidating people or places. Most women have had the luxury of living/feeling safe so they are scared to aim for new people. I'm always and have always been uncomfortable. never feel safe, requires me to always be hypersensitive and alert to my surroundings. IMO & IME, prolonged discomfort makes you adaptable as a person out of necessity. Teaches you to take risks and become resilient against rejection. I just spot someone, size them up and introduce myself or craftly place myself in a position of access. I figure what's the worst that can happen "they say 'no I dont like you', 'you dont belong here/fit in' 'i dont want to be your friend' or 'stop talking to me.' if that happens, oh well *** it. on to the next. most people arent that ballsy. :lol:

honestly, IME & IMO, I've learned that most people an be persuaded or won over with determination mixed with good game. I spit game on potential women friends/associates women same as I do with men. TBH, women are the easiest to win over if you appeal to their ego and their covert neediness for attention. Listen intently, watch their body language, gas em up, give em compliments. tell em ish they wanna hear, pretend to gaf like you are really invested in whatever boring bs they have going on to earn their trust and interest. That's how you make friends. :look:

Does anyone know where i can find dates/times of upcoming political fundraisers?

The ones I know of are invite only you get on the list by giving in the past. You could be a plus 1 or go to the site of the candidates.

met a new oil exec we are setting up coffee this wk or breakfast this wknd. he is into the arts I like the doors he could open!

Team Trini still in full effect :woot:

Last edited:
The ones I know of are invite only you get on the list by giving in the past. You could be a plus 1 or go to the site of the candidates.

met a new oil exec we are setting up coffee this wk or breakfast this wknd. he is into the arts I like the doors he could open!

Team Trini still in full effect :woot:

you find oil men everywhere. :lol:

I still remember that pic from a meetup where you were talking to a whole group of them. lol

Thumbz

IDK how to explain it. I've always been a bit of an opportunist. None of my friends have ever been coincidences or accidents. Even as a kid/teen. I dont believe in wasting time with people or even knowing them, let alone befriending them if there isnt an immediate incentive. EVERYONE in my life has always served a purpose.

I agree with the bolded, especially with women. My theory is that there are over 7 billion people in the world....why would I stress out over being friends (or not) with one or two people.

I don't seek out new female friends bc it's all too easy to meet women and befriend them, especially single Black women. Most show up to events with their other single Black girlfriends, all hoping to meet a Black guy while being "out" without being strategic about their outing so they end up meeting even more single Black women. A vicious cycle :lol: and a waste of concentrated effort IMO.

No in NYC the exclusive circles are tight..super tight. Even if you befriend one it doesn't mean that you'll be going to the group trips or invited to the BIG events held. You might make it to a bday party and pop bottles with them but that's it, lol.

It's deeper than being fly, pretty, educated and likeable.

I agree, esp. with the bolded. There are PLENTY of people in NYC who fit that description (and more arriving every day bc NYC is a magnet for those types) so it takes more to get into some NYC circles.

Almost anyone can get the "get in free" party invites but the damn near quarterly group trips to X/Y/Z destinations (usually abroad) or "so and so" annual house party invites are not as forth coming UNLESS.....you're REALLY in.

you find oil men everywhere. :lol:

I still remember that pic from a meetup where you were talking to a whole group of them. lol

That's the extrovert in me, you think I'm going to see a group of men in semi formal attire and not get the low down. No ma'am. Now :think: if I combine that with your friend stalking skills I'll be unstoppable (insert unicorn laugh here)!!!!! :bounceline:

why isnt Geneieve marrie

Good question. She meets all the parameters noted in this thread. It doesn't seem like her "in" was through women, her in seemed to be through the wealthy ex boyfriend. If he is still supporting her lifestyle. I wonder if he is the reason she is not with someone in a committed relationship.

Ok I have catching up to do in this thread.

Slightly off topic I went shopping today and got a nice dress. Easy and sexy but understated. Also got a floral silk pant suit. It was a hunt since LF store has everything I'm against as far as dressing ie crop tops and super shorts.

A start to my makeover.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back