How To Attract A Rich Man

As far as the friends thing, it really depends. There are some circles that are very hard to crack in, these bishes know that everyone is trying to be their friend because they're VERY well connected, super fun, travel all the time, etc so they keep associates and their separate BFFs in their respective lanes, lol.

One chick that I know of that I would like to befriend is head honcho for a huge global company in NYC, just had a huge venture with a famous uh media personality and this chick guards her circle like Fort Knox, lol. My BFF is BFF with her BFF and has know them for almost 10 years but still hasn't been inducted in the "circle" lol. I don't get why either, it's pretty strange. I've been to a few events they've had and they're nice and cordial but that's all a new chick is gonna get.

Now I know another head honcho but she's the head honcho of a huge pharmaceutical company, she is gorgeous, super stylish and sweet but snobby and bougie (she looks and reminds me of a black Olivia Parlemo). Now she randomly took a liking to me and has invited me to a few events, hung with some Wall Street players, went to exclusive sales, etc. Next month is her mom's bday party which I'm shocked I got an invite too. I think we clicked a bit easier cause she's Haitian and I used that as my gateway, lol. Other than that, she's tough to crack too.

I'm going to find out if she knows chick A and work from that angle.

Now in general I think it's hard to infiltrate prominent circles of women that are in their late 20s, early 30s. You can be their new friend on the side but getting in that circle? Good luck.

I've found that making friends that are well connected to be fairly easy. As a trainer in my side hustle, I am very selective of who I choose to be my clients. As a trainer my personality makes people trust me fairly easy. I've gotten many referrals that way. About 80% of my clients are by referral. One of the things I have found to work is to do a lot of listening about whatever they want to talk about.

I hope I'm adding valuable information to this thread. I know it's 2 different subjects but I feel it's the same thing.

do looks and/or dress play a part in how easily a woman can make friends?

It's easier for me to meet people at work, school.

However it's harder for me to meet other females outside of that.

do looks and/or dress play a part in how easily a woman can make friends?

It's easier for me to meet people at work, school.

However it's harder for me to meet other females outside of that.

One thing that I found to work is to smile while talking to someone. They will be more apt to open up to you. Ever notice when the rich are together they always smile thats why. Also confidence plays a major part too. Looking a plus presentable is also important.

As far as the friends thing, it really depends. There are some circles that are very hard to crack in, these bishes know that everyone is trying to be their friend because they're VERY well connected, super fun, travel all the time, etc so they keep associates and their separate BFFs in their respective lanes, lol.

One chick that I know of that I would like to befriend is head honcho for a huge global company in NYC, just had a huge venture with a famous uh media personality and this chick guards her circle like Fort Knox, lol. My BFF is BFF with her BFF and has know them for almost 10 years but still hasn't been inducted in the "circle" lol. I don't get why either, it's pretty strange. I've been to a few events they've had and they're nice and cordial but that's all a new chick is gonna get.

Now I know another head honcho but she's the head honcho of a huge pharmaceutical company, she is gorgeous, super stylish and sweet but snobby and bougie (she looks and reminds me of a black Olivia Parlemo). Now she randomly took a liking to me and has invited me to a few events, hung with some Wall Street players, went to exclusive sales, etc. Next month is her mom's bday party which I'm shocked I got an invite too. I think we clicked a bit easier cause she's Haitian and I used that as my gateway, lol. Other than that, she's tough to crack too.

I'm going to find out if she knows chick A and work from that angle.

Now in general I think it's hard to infiltrate prominent circles of women that are in their late 20s, early 30s. You can be their new friend on the side but getting in that circle? Good luck.

Thank you. barbiesocialite making me look all crazy. :lol:

What Ive noticed with non Americans is "we are friends until you prove otherwise" whereas americans in general are "prove to me why i should call you my friend"..which again is why you have people looking all suspicious at a woman who asked someone she believed is her friend to be her MOH (only after 7 years)..aint no one got time for that.

Met a girl at work 3 years ago..Afro-Brazilian. she was watching a Naija movie and I was like "what do you know about those type of movies" and she laughed and we talked about them and she invited me to her house warming etc and we're just really close now. That's usually how it is IMO for most non-Americans I meet. I remember when i got back here(from naija) for college, I was 19 most of my friends from secondary/high school went to the UK so i befriended this girl from Brooklyn, we'd go out alot to high profile parties and talk..we'd be sharing personal ish too (her more than me cos well Im a Cappy at the end of the day) anyway oen day I was like hey lets check out this dj and she was like 'ha nah girl. dont you have any friends"..i found it funny cos at that time i sure as hell wasnt that familiar with the city so she was the one constantly asking me to come out, suggesting places for us to go..then to suddenly try to turn it around and act like im all up on your arse..nope dont play that. I laughed it off, said ok well im gonna go there then, you have a good night and from then cut the outtings back drastic esp after I started spending more time at ASU.

Now years after things have changed, friends/associates/acquaintances have increased..of those here and of course from home and other places but Im still way aware of the differences on how friendships are and this board keeps reminding me of it when i see certain threads

shoo I rember merely telling some Trini girl that I loved her hair, 2 weeks later i was helping her out with her mom's 65th birthday and we were planning to go on a cruise..things came up with her family so that trook backseat and also i had to cut things back on that cos she was kinda religious and frankly Im sooo over mega Christians cos obviously they are about church functions than the crazy ish Im about. dont know why Christians love me. Maybe it's God trying to tell my arse something :lol:

FelaShrine

I notice that too, and im AA. It does seem like with my non American friends we became friends a lot easier. I feel like with AA its almost like you have to prove yourself.

Thank you. barbiesocialite making me look all crazy. :lol:

What Ive noticed with non Americans is "we are friends until you prove otherwise" whereas americans in general are "prove to me why i should call you my friend"..which again is why you have people looking all suspicious at a woman who asked someone she believed is her friend to be her MOH (only after 7 years)..aint no one got time for that.

Met a girl at work 3 years ago..Afro-Brazilian. she was watching a Naija movie and I was like "what do you know about those type of movies" and she laughed and we talked about them and she invited me to her house warming etc and we're just really close now. That's usually how it is IMO for most non-Americans I meet. I remember when i got back here(from naija) for college, I was 19 most of my friends from secondary/high school went to the UK so i befriended this girl from Brooklyn, we'd go out alot to high profile parties and talk..we'd be sharing personal ish too (her more than me cos well Im a Cappy at the end of the day) anyway oen day I was like hey lets check out this dj and she was like 'ha nah girl. dont you have any friends"..i found it funny cos at that time i sure as hell wasnt that familiar with the city so she was the one constantly asking me to come out, suggesting places for us to go..then to suddenly try to turn it around and act like im all up on your arse..nope dont play that. I laughed it off, said ok well im gonna go there then, you have a good night and from then cut the outtings back drastic esp after I started spending more time at ASU.

Now years after things have changed, friends/associates/acquaintances have increased..of those here and of course from home and other places but Im still way aware of the differences on how friendships are and this board keeps reminding me of it when i see certain threads

shoo I rember merely telling some Trini girl that I loved her hair, 2 weeks later i was helping her out with her mom's 65th birthday and we were planning to go on a cruise..things came up with her family so that trook backseat and also i had to cut things back on that cos she was kinda religious and frankly Im sooo over mega Christians cos obviously they are about church functions than the crazy ish Im about. dont know why Christians love me. Maybe it's God trying to tell my arse something :lol:

Must be a Capricorn thing. :sekret::lol:

Mom dukes (my mama lol) finds it a lot more difficult to make friends than I do. She's actually friendlier than I am but I'm more sociable and better with people. Strangly, bff and a couple other friends that find it easy to make women friends are all Pisces. We are socially adaptable. :grin:

I still think a lot of this has to do with personality. I've noticed that a lot of women have ZERO game with women. Like none whatsoever. They couldnt manipulate or convince a woman to be their friend if they tried, let alone it just be a natural process. :spinning: Women are easssyyy if you know how to play the game with them. And yes, American or non, women are usually looking for their friends. Most are itching to tell you how some other girlfriend aint ish, drama, yada yada. All you have to do is make yourself appear likable or someone they should want to hang out with. It's personal marketing. I'm likable. :look: And according to what I've been told, I could sell a Mexican a taco. Whatever, I can always sell myself as a unicorn or an exception. lol I'm my own PR agent. lol There is no place I can go where someone can convince me or make me feel unwelcome or dont fit in. Like the posts upthread about standing out I wouldnt give two ishts and guarantee I woulda made a couple new male and female friends while I was there. Most women I know that are good at infiltrating new circles or getting into exclusive environments also have similar traits.:yep:

Last edited:
No in NYC the exclusive circles are tight..super tight. Even if you befriend one it doesn't mean that you'll be going to the group trips or invited to the BIG events held. You might make it to a bday party and pop bottles with them but that's it, lol.

It's deeper than being fly, pretty, educated and likeable.

No in NYC the exclusive circles are tight..super tight. Even if you befriend one it doesn't mean that you'll be going to the group trips or invited to the BIG events held. You might make it to a bday party and pop bottles with them but that's it, lol.

I guess, but I know a couple women (2 in particular) that have done quite well in NYC. After they moved there and didnt know anyone.

Speaking of this topic, this reminds me Genevieve Jones. Women that are milder versions of her don't have a problem infiltrating places and circles they want to be in.

I seriously dont think most women are good at self-marketing, self-entitlement and selling themselves to other women or people in general. We can agree to disagree.

You know what? I had not thought about that but you are right!

Another option is befriending older, connected women.

I've had many opportunities in my life because of older women who I keep in contact with on not just a professional level but also on a semi-social level.

Of course, these women ain't club hopping :lol: and I have never had to get hooked up through any of them BUT older women are oftentimes more open about giving you information, invites, I mean the list can go on and on.

..and they ain't looking at you as competition, but as an upcoming next generation--very important.

So, I'm not saying to hang out with people old enough to be your mom lol BUT I think a lot of people overlook older women as an excellent resource which can help you be a part of things you probably will have a hard time doing on you own.

IDK, maybe I know too many "hustler" personality women that aspire to social climb since day 1. They are always with people at places they dont really belong or shouldnt have access to--with ease. They always tend to be the unicorn in the room or amongst the group. And they achieved it on their own accord without being born into a particular circle or by professional association. :look:

It's fun to observe and witness.:yep: Like that woman SweetNic_JA mentioned earlier. The one that wasnt "supposed" to be there or didnt fit in, these are the type of women I know. Those, and like I said, mild Genevive Joneses. Truly confident. gutsy, intelligent, self-assured, self-entitled and forthright. People may whisper (usually women) but I guarantee that girl left the place with a date, a couple new connects or associates. :yep: <---these types often have a lot of associates or friends as well.

To me the topic of friends is right along side why some women find it difficult to meet or have access rich men. They follow rules, stay in their comfort zone where they know they are automatically accepted or feel they dont belong in better circles/environments. I think HollyGolightly and PretteePlease are testament to women that date/married well werent born into or automatically/immediately in a circle before they landed their man (Im sure they have acquired female associates along the way too). If anything it's about personality, entitlement and positioning. That'll get you a rich or well-off man and new friends.

*ye shrug* I dont know, again we can agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Must be a Capricorn thing. :sekret::lol:

Mom dukes (my mama lol) finds it a lot more difficult to make friends than I do. She's actually friendlier than I am but I'm more sociable and better with people. Strangly, bff and a couple other friends that find it easy to make women friends are all Pisces. We are socially adaptable. :grin:

I still think a lot of this has to do with personality. I've noticed that a lot of women have ZERO game with women. Like none whatsoever. They couldnt manipulate or convince a woman to be their friend if they tried, let alone it just be a natural process. :spinning: Women are easssyyy if you know how to play the game with them. And yes, American or non, women are usually looking for their friends. Most are itching to tell you how some other girlfriend aint ish, drama, yada yada. All you have to do is make yourself appear likable or someone they should want to hang out with. It's personal marketing. I'm likable. :look: And according to what I've been told, I could sell a Mexican a taco. Whatever, I can always sell myself as a unicorn or an exception. lol I'm my own PR agent. lol There is no place I can go where someone can convince me or make me feel unwelcome or dont fit in. Like the posts upthread about standing out I wouldnt give two ishts and guarantee I woulda made a couple new male and female friends while I was there. Most women I know that are good at infiltrating new circles or getting into exclusive environments also have similar traits.:yep:
My mom is Pisces and that lady makes friends standing in a check out line for 2 seconds. Me not so much... I'm naturally guarded but people still tend to gravitate towards me. My BFF is my BFF because she forced it on me. She would not take my loner personality as that and leave me alone. She's Pisces too. And she as well makes friends very quickly and with everybody.

Oddly too, I find women tend to confide in me a lot and very quickly, even though I rarely share about myself. The things people tell me about themselves in like a week is astounding.

Just looked up Genevieve Jones.

This doesnt make her look good at all and like they're titally hyped to her game. the fact that they kept bringing up her blackness too..yuck

http://gawker.com/200611/theres-something-different-about-genevieve-jones

see what I mean. This is the reason why *I* have limits to the level of wealth and circles I aspire to be in. There's a lot of ish you have to take and let slide. I'm not cut from that cloth. no ma'am. :nono: Upper middle class is good enough for me; but there are a lot of women that are super ambitious and with enough confidence, personality and determination they achieve their goals.

I clearly haven't made it "in" yet, because I have yet to see the likes of Ms. Jones. She is intriguing to say the least.

Genevieve is a special breed. Another woman similar to her is Marlo Hampton. People can talk ish if they want about either one, but Marlo isnt have dinner parties and fundraisers with likes of Ted Turner's wife by coincidence. Neither woman's female friends came about organically.

My point was just that it can be done. Esp on a smaller scale. It doesnt have to be billionaires but if a woman wants to befriend women or date men that in the mid-to-low millionaire range it can be done even if she herself isnt a member of that circle. :yep:

Last edited:
see what I mean. This is the reason why *I* have limits to the level of wealth and circles I aspire to be in. There's a lot of ish you have to take and let slide. I'm not cut from that cloth. no ma'am. :nono:

LOL

As soon as I saw this paragraph I had to X out

A quick look at Jones' "portfolio" on Style.com reveals 11 images; in every picture, a self-satisfied smugness and eyes that scream of desperation.

desperation? that's what they see when they see her at parties? :ohwell:

But good for her regarding this though :lol:

Jones herself is famous for doing nothing, has an enviable apartment, is rumored to be supported by a wealthy ex-boyfriend

Gawd make it stop

The Tanzanite Foundation, a trade group that promotes blue crystal gemstones, offered Ms. Jones the chance to wear jewelry featuring the gems. Ms. Jones obliged by wearing a pair of tanzanite and diamond earrings valued at $50,000 to a May gala at the Frick Collection. Amy Williamson, a publicist for the foundation, says the goal was to generate chatter. "What we want is a buzz among the girls, for them to talk about how a black girl wore something amazing," she says.

Unlike many of her friends, Ms. Jones isn't an heiress and she lacks the Ivy League credentials and social pedigree of Manhattan's largely white society set because she is black. An African-American, she grew up in Baton Rouge, La., and didn't go to college. Some personal details, from her job to her age, remain sketchy. Ms. Jones says she is 27, but according to a database of public documents, her driver's license and voter registration put her age at 31.

Alright Im done. well she's pretty and obviously the NY socialite type..(dark and thin) and def must have pretty high self esteem to be able to deal with all this shade and messiness

My mom is Pisces and that lady makes friends standing in a check out line for 2 seconds. Me not so much... I'm naturally guarded but people still tend to gravitate towards me. My BFF is my BFF because she forced it on me. She would not take my loner personality as that and leave me alone. She's Pisces too. And she as well makes friends very quickly and with everybody.

Oddly too, I find women tend to confide in me a lot and very quickly, even though I rarely share about myself. The things people tell me about themselves in like a week is astounding.

bwahahaha this is how I got most of my friends.:lol: Most of my friends are scattered and random because I pick and choose, observe, then hunt them down. :look:

I am not going to take no for an answer. I'm going to annoy you or irritate you but by golly you are going to like me dammit. Then you'll actually want to hang out with me even though we have nothing in common and I dont always fit in.:lachen:

is this a Pisces thing? i guess it is lolololol

Alright Im done. well she's pretty and obviously the NY socialite type..(dark and thin) and def must have pretty high self esteem to be able to deal with all this shade and messiness

IMO that's all it takes. Mixed with trial & error and a whole LOT of patience. Can't be a quitter. Cannot be discouraged by rejection, shadiness, drama or messiness. Gotta be the little engine that could. "i think i can, i think i can, i think i can....."
bike.gif
:lachen:

Nothing is worth it. If she already had the support of the rich boyfriend, why put herself through all of that. At the end of day, regardless of her self entitlement, someone or some people still needed to bring her down a peg because they felt she didn't belong.

IDK, maybe I know too many "hustler" personality women that aspire to social climb since day 1. They are always with people at places they dont really belong or shouldnt have access to--with ease. They always tend to be the unicorn in the room or amongst the group. And they achieved it on their own accord without being born into a particular circle or by professional association. :look:

It's fun to observe and witness.:yep: Like that woman @SweetNic_JA mentioned earlier. The one that wasnt "supposed" to be there or didnt fit in, these are the type of women I know. Those, and like I said, mild Genevive Joneses. Truly confident. gutsy, intelligent, self-assured, self-entitled and forthright. People may whisper (usually women) but I guarantee that girl left the place with a date, a couple new connects or associates. :yep: <---these types often have a lot of associates or friends as well.

To me the topic of friends is right along side why some women find it difficult to meet or have access rich men. They follow rules, stay in their comfort zone where they know they are automatically accepted or feel they dont belong in better circles/environments. I think @HollyGolightly and @PretteePlease are testament to women that date/married well werent born into or automatically/immediately in a circle before they landed their man (Im sure they have acquired female associates along the way too). If anything it's about personality, entitlement and positioning. That'll get you a rich or well-off man and new friends.

*ye shrug* I dont know, again we can agree to disagree.

I'm definitely a hustler, but that's because of my family. My parents worked damn hard to give me certain advantages. My father went from being a starving child soldier in the Biafra war to running his own medical practice. My mother is also a MD, and she grew up in the projects on welfare.

They raised me with high expectations and a sense of entitlement. All the guys that I've seriously dated have been upper middle class to wealthy. And I never felt uncomfortable around them, because I felt like that's the kind of lifestyle that I deserve.

That's why I'm dead set on private schools for my children, I want them to have the same grooming that I had.

Ok this conversation is interesting to me.

I feel like I make friendships pretty easily but sommetimes I just can't be bothered because I like people to come to me. A lot of acquintances/associates/friends can easily overwhelm me so I try to keep my circle small. Funny you all mentioned Pisces since I'm one too.I literally have about 30 business cards in my purse from people I met and I contacted maybe 3 or 4 of them. Smh

So what are you all doing to "convert" people you connect with? Concrete ideas only please.
If I have a genuine interest in someone, I set up a meeting (lunch,brunch,happy hour) within days of meeting up. Other times I don't have the emotional energy to expend. In retrospect I let some great connects go.

So what are you all doing to keep the connection going?

Ok this conversation is interesting to me.

I feel like I make friendships pretty easily but sommetimes I just can't be bothered because I like people to come to me. A lot of acquintances/associates/friends can easily overwhelm me so I try to keep my circle small. Funny you all mentioned Pisces since I'm one too.I literally have about 30 business cards in my purse from people I met and I contacted maybe 3 or 4 of them. Smh

So what are you all doing to "convert" people you connect with? Concrete ideas only please.
If I have a genuine interest in someone, I set up a meeting (lunch,brunch,happy hour) within days of meeting up. Other times I don't have the emotional energy to expend. In retrospect I let some great connects go.

So what are you all doing to keep the connection going?

1. All my connects are usually based on personal matters--- interests, hobbies, personal relating, etc so it's easy to make plans to do things you already do anyway.

2. I'm an introvert and like I said, a bit of a recluse, so I usually dump people on my long-standing extroverted friends. :look: Those persons I already know they share something in common with or may be of assistance in some shape or facet. That way I get credit for introductions and will always be the middle man/original source. They tend maintain and keep up the friendship or connection independently. My friends and associates tend to eventually become friends/associates with each other. Meanwhile, I'm usually nowhere to be found.:look: But I know everything is on good terms so I can always utilize folks when I need it.:yep:

Are these hard to crack circles BW, WW, or a mix? (note: By mix, a mix. Not tokens)

I think younger BW and older WW are the harder circles to crack while the inverse younger WW and older BW are a little more easy on bringing others in.

I also think that aesthetic has a lot to do with it as well, esp regarding the Marlo Hampton and Genivive Jones example.

Are these hard to crack circles BW, WW, or a mix? (note: By mix, a mix. Not tokens)

I think younger BW and older WW are the harder circles to crack while the inverse younger WW and older BW are a little more easy on bringing others in.

I also think that aesthetic has a lot to do with it as well, esp regarding the Marlo Hampton and Genivive Jones example.

BW late 20s/early 30s, highly educated, super successful, highly connected. High society chicks.

Last edited:
I'm curious how you ladies are dressing. When I met my wealthy ex, and a wealthy potential who fizzled out, I was in dresses each time. The first time I was in a simple Trina Turk dress that cut about mid-thigh, but I was seated. The second I was in a similar cut dress by a different designer, but a little more decorative - still you could look at me and see "conservative". I tend to stay away from things that are too tight, or too short - but I have my exceptions.

This may have been discussed before, but if not, I'm interested in hear about what kind of attire you most frequently wear. What has given you the most success in attracting a nice guy?

I already said that I'm not really rich man material. I'm on the cusp. :lol: I get upper-middle class. None of the well-married women I know *personally* are really that conservative (maybe now that some are married).
1. met her an uber wealthy attorney at the mall while she was doing promo work; He paid off all of her debt and loans.
2. a few are or used to be models of some sort
3. 2 dress simply cute, nothing special for or against their styling.
4. The one that dates wealthy men back-to-back dresses like a cheap bimbo. :look: She has no edges, weaves are raggedy, lives in F21 and is styled hella tacky. Chick always looks cheap as ****. :lachen: The thing is that she's short cute and petite with an uber bubbly personality. She's dated wealthy white and black men since the first time I met her almost a decade ago.

The thing they all have in common is that they are cute, slender, wear a bit of makeup (yes they all wear weaves or have long hair) and are friendly enough. Most are relatively smiley or sociable.

^wrap dresses. I dont wear camis under mine. The whole show no hint of boob mess escapes me. a lil fashion tape is good.

those of the itty bitty tiddle commitee are great in this cos they can wear an ish load of stuff and it will still seem ok..like backless dresses and such or very long plunge and it wont look trashy..i avoid those.

HollyGoLighty..how did you make things work with your implants. outside your former line of work of course.

Back