How To Attract A Rich Man

Well when I was a size 2/4 living in Atlanta, I visited my family in NYC. My brother sat me down for 45 minutes and told me that he loves me and really wants me to see someone about my weight. I couldn't believe it! Way too concerned. I was just slim. He was used to the "Thick" version of me.

Now that I'm a size 8, everyone is happy. I'm on my way to a size 2/4 again.

I hear you.

My grandmother once fussed my mother out about me getting too skinny. :lol:

I was a grown woman with a baby, but for some reason she didn't approach me about it and went to her daughter with her grievances instead. :lachen:

I was probably a size 4 but I'm barely scraping 5 feet so that is about the right size for me. Actually, it is a healthy size but aesthetically speaking 0 or 00 would be best.

This!!!! I have been following this thread. I use all of these techniques and have landed some big contracts.

soldier4hair, can you elaborate? I don't understand... What techniques? What contracts?

My question is mostly about social settings where people aren't necessarily expected to mingle outside of their groups. And I find that, with group events, that is often the case. People stick to their own if they belong to an in-group. And then when they interact with members outside that group, some of the early questions are about whom you know and what brings you to the event. That especially annoys me when white people ask me that, but that's a side note.

If a woman is alone at an exclusive event, what's her response?

soldier4hair, can you elaborate? I don't understand... What techniques? What contracts?

My question is mostly about social settings where people aren't necessarily expected to mingle outside of their groups. And I find that, with group events, that is often the case. People stick to their own if they belong to an in-group. And then when they interact with members outside that group, some of the early questions are about whom you know and what brings you to the event. That especially annoys me when white people ask me that, but that's a side note.

:yep:

That is a standard staple YT question, lol.

If it's exclusive you should have a reason for being there, otherwise how would it be exclusive? If you're crashing, its probably not that exclusive, so I dont see why your reason for being there would be any less valid than anyone else there. I do agree with you that people often sticking with groups, thus defeating the purpose of networking. But there are always a few people that have ties to multiple groups, meeting and befriending one of those types of people is like a cheat code for expanding your network/ social circle. And those types are usually pretty friendly and total busybodies, they're very open to meeting new people. Lol that why they know so many people.

And I have never gone to one of those types of things without at least one person grabbing my arm at the end of the night or something. Most of the time its not a person I had even noticed lol. But if you look happy, like having a good time, and you're cute, you look friendly, people will notice that and find an excuse to talk to you. It may not be the person you're checking for but hey :lol:

Oh no, you're leaving! But there hasn't been a SF Bay meetup yet; I don't know of too many SF Bay LHCF ladies on here.

Last year, I remember seeing advertisements around the piers for the LV cup, but never knew what it was. Good luck Lenee925 at getting some contacts :grin: Perhaps you could search the event in google images and see what pops up, like pics of the spectators so that you can see what women wear? My first thought would be a nice sundress, but I could be wrong.

Priss Pot yeah my job is transferring me. But you must come to the east bay at least for one outing!

FelaShrine,
You follow me from thread to thread just to complain about my opinions. T

You are delusional. Ive only seen you on this thread whining about the content several times. "how do you know they dont like obese women" "why arent you guys mentioning the 10 million a year security guard" :blah: :blah::blah:

anyway not reading the rest of your foaming rant that Im sure is just filled with projection and has nothing to do with the topic at hand so abeg carry go.

Last edited:

I go places alone very often. I've found that it's easier for me to strike up conversations when I'm alone vs. when I'm with 1 or 2 friends. Last month I went to a yacht club's clubhouse to watch sailboat races. I will admit that for the first 30-45 minutes no one spoke to me, but after a while I had great conversations with several people ranging from a young Parisian woman to an older man with an association for small business owners.

I think the thing to do is to simply look comfortable, pleasant, and approachable. Also you have to be able to build a conversation from very simple statements. One woman asked me to take a picture of her and her boyfriend. I obliged, commented on her accent, and we wound up talking for nearly an hour. Another man I met while just sitting at the bar. He asked me what I was drinking and then offered me a taste of his. I just get them to keep talking so that after a while I'm not really there alone anymore. I think you have to be comfortable with being a little uncomfortable in order to get to that point.

Last edited:
THIS.:yep:

I know my limits, I'm not built for a rich man. fortune and/or fame frighten the hell out of me. I dont do well under pressure. The expectations that usually come with dating/marrying rich are too much for me. From appearance (hitting the gym EVERYDAY) to being able to STFU. yea, not my thing. I feel like I would crack like Caroline-Bissett or one of those super depressed drunken-prescription med abusing housewives that have to go to rehab. I need to feel and be accessible to people.

Sometimes I feel like people can romanticize certain types of relationships or men. They are all a lot of work. But rich men are a their own breed. For me, I'll take the pay cut and shoot a little lower. There are other traits I prefer that trump money anyway.

At the same time, I do like acquiring friends who date and marry rich. I'm a shameless opportunist. :look:

I don't mind fortune. It's fame I have a problem with. :lol:

I'm going way off tangent here[/B], but I will say that NYC has a very nasty hook-up culture. I.

:lol:

lol care to expound :lol: and what do you mean by having to be more vulnerable..im assuming how you let the bartender know you were new around town or more than that?

anyway great post

Thanks for sharing! (I'd tag but I'm on my phone and am sure to butcher your SNs).

I like SweetNic's comment about being vulnerable. I think too that being new to town makes that vulnerability easier and genuine.

Jane (I think it was)... re: exclusivity: I think most events have some kind of exclusivity level because they more or less have an intended audience (people with a particular interest, people who are in the know about their happenstance and or regularity, etc.). So, there are assumptions made about those who attend or (innocent or not) questions about whether and how you belong.

ETA: And regarding going alone, I have this theory that it isn't as helpful as going with someone who's connected (but you have to start somewhere). Or that it will only help under certain circumstances and only marginally. My impression is that people in established groups look for indicators that you belong, and your associations are the quickest and most accurate of these indicators. I think that if you're exceptionally attractive or manage to display some of the qualities they value, you can legitimize yourself that way (your knowledge about the subject of the event, your clothing, etc. etc.) ... so, looks and presence are very important. But what seems to be more important than the above is establishing common ground (mutual connections, academic, travel whatever background) and going from there.

I think the last few articles in this thread keep pointing to that, but that could be my understanding.

Last edited:
@soldier4hair, can you elaborate? I don't understand... What techniques? What contracts?

I'm a business owner and with my business what I have done is just went to events that I was not invited to acted like I was suppose to
be there carried conversation that led to contracts for my business. Being the cute in the room everyone would like to know what she does and how I can be helped. Kind of like a damsel in distress.

I started a thread on this in the career thread with little response. I found this thread and have done the things mentioned and have landed some contracts that led to money for me. Made a couple millionaire contacts that trusted me. That is all :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Oh I just realized I may have something tangible to contribute.

Some coffee houses in well-to-do areas have regular events where the focus is classic/expensive/unusual cars. (weekly or monthly)

Put on a "natural" makeup look and some casual but very flattering clothes and head out for a cup of joe. If you happen to see a cute guy with an expensive car ask a question, he's there because he wants to talk to someone about it. :grin:

"What kind of car is that?" Then look interested when he tells you. You also might ask where it is made and what makes it different from other cars by the same manufacturer.

Or ask him what he likes about german/Italian/ whatever cars.

You can go in a lot of different directions.

Look at you clowning and I'm trying to be helpful. You always do that. :cry3: :lol:

Any luck with investment clubs or groups? Last year I went to a local stock group meeting, but yikes. I was the only woman, the only non-white person, and everyone was 30 years older than me. I did manage to make some investment connections, but nothing even remotely close to social. I'm sure the group make up would be a lot different in more diverse cities.

Any luck with investment clubs or groups? Last year I went to a local stock group meeting, but yikes. I was the only woman, the only non-white person, and everyone was 30 years older than me. I did manage to make some investment connections, but nothing even remotely close to social. I'm sure the group make up would be a lot different in more diverse cities.

I haven't looked into this, but have you thought of starting your own meetup group like this?

No I haven't, though I don't feel that I am qualified or experienced enough to run a group of my own. There were a lot of discussions beyond my scope, but that's how you learn.

I'm surprised they don't bring their sons along, but they've probably passed down all their knowledge to them anyway.

Oh I just realized I may have something tangible to contribute.

Some coffee houses in well-to-do areas have regular events where the focus is classic/expensive/unusual cars. (weekly or monthly)

Put on a "natural" makeup look and some casual but very flattering clothes and head out for a cup of joe. If you happen to see a cute guy with an expensive car ask a question, he's there because he wants to talk to someone about it. :grin:

Funny you mention cars. My nerdiness with video games has paid off in that department. I'm a huge Gran Turismo fan and have been playing that game since the original Playstation so I know a lot about exclusive, very rare vehicles as well as muscle cars and import tuners and can talk a lot of men under the table about cars. If they only new it was because of that video game lol. My current SO loves that I know what a Pagani Zonda is or a Koenigsegg Agera and can talk about slip differentials and tire size conversion lol.

Thats how I met a lot of guy friends I have to this day. One of em owns a Lamboghini Rental company hooks me up every now and then with a free rental on the weekends. I got hooked up on my birthday two weeks ago :grin: .

I feel my friends that have genuine interests in things that seem to interest men more have been able to procure relationships with wealthier men. I started golfing with a girlfriend years ago and she met and ended up marrying a really rich guy that we got paired up with because we needed a party of 4 to golf that day.

I had a great response typed and it erased :sad2:

The who do you know question is usually to gauge if they should bother spending more than a few seconds standing there talking to you. :lol: these types are usually always networking.

I'm a business owner and with my business what I have done is just went to events that I was not invited to acted like I was suppose to

be there carried conversation that led to contracts for my business. Being the cute in the room everyone would like to know what she does and how I can be helped. Kind of like a damsel in distress.

I started a thread on this in the career thread with little response. I found this thread and have done the things mentioned and have landed some contracts that led to money for me. Made a couple millionaire contacts that trusted me. That is all

:yep: My aunt always told me to walk in the place with purpose and like its where you belong, and usually people dont question, but if they do feign disgust and have a snappy reply.

Back