How To Attract A Rich Man

Ooh I forgot lawrenceville my cousin lived there but it was a ratchet apartment complex lol

And college park is nice from what I hear but in my mind its ratchetville lol
I was only in Atlanta for school though. When I rented the house in decatur a gorgeous 4 br 3 bath was only 1100 a month and we were paying the mortgage for the woman who's house it was.

Lololoo Lawrenceville has beautiful homes. I like to think mansion-like homes. ;) Im talking homes, not apartment rentals though.

:perplexed ok?

My statement was not a one size fits all; it was an option to consider for those who are still in school yet looking for a man who has potential to satisfy their needs for security.

But I'm sorry, I can't relate to your statistics. It's not my reality, and it's not every one else's who meets their spouse before the age of 25 either.

Well its a stat. Just like the ones that say if you live with your SO/BF before marriage you're more likely to divorce. I'm in the same boat getting married at 22 but hey if it don't apply, let if fly :lol:

Sent from yacht with Beyonce & Blue

no. I dont have time to look this up again (or feel like it) but you can use google scholar, ebsco or lexis nexis to look it up. I'm certain you will find all of the information you need that will back up everything I have said..:yep:

I'll be honest. I do not agree with people marrying and reproducing under a certain age. It's from both conducting policy research, observation and experience. I would never send my child to college to meet a spouse. grad school, yes. college, not people do no choose well. the divorce rate IS higher and their children do not come out as well---on average. It's logic not feelings or opinion. just realistic fact.

everyone wants to be a unicorn. You are the same age I am. If you were 40 I'd approach this discussion differently. Furthermore, I dont think you should reference anyone throwing shade in posts.

Barbie, just because you and I are the same age doesn't mean we have the same goals...clearly. In general, you don't send your children off to meet a spouse, but hey it does happen. And I'd think you'd want to teach your children what to look for if they were looking to get serious. College is all inclusive of undergrad and graduate school. I've attended both, and I have seen relationships of my peers still last till this day :yep: It's not the same for everyone, but it does happen so yes it IS an option. And who is trying to be a unicorn? There are no secrets, and I'm not immune to any future misfortune. The way I approach a relationship is definitely different from your way. You aren't ready for marriage or children; I was. I don't date just to date. I lucked up and chose well for myself in regard to who I married, how I met him, and what he provides for me as his wife. Anything I can get, another woman can get it too. When the focus switched from multi-million wealthy men to normal men who can offer what's in the OP and bring in at least a 100k salary, I felt I could offer MY opinion from MY experience that I'm actually living. People can take the advice they want, they can pick and choose. Different strokes for different folks. Take what you need from the thread and do what works for YOU.

Barbie, just because you and I are the same age doesn't mean we have the same goals...clearly. In general, you don't send your children off to meet a spouse, but hey it does happen. And I'd think you'd want to teach your children what to look for if they were looking to get serious. College is all inclusive of undergrad and graduate school. I've attended both, and I have seen relationships of my peers still last till this day :yep: It's not the same for everyone, but it does happen so yes it IS an option. And who is trying to be a unicorn? There are no secrets, and I'm not immune to any future misfortune. The way I approach a relationship is definitely different from your way. You aren't ready for marriage or children; I was. I don't date just to date. I lucked up and chose well for myself in regard to who I married, how I met him, and what he provides for me as his wife. Anything I can get, another woman can get it too. When the focus switched from multi-million wealthy men to normal men who can offer what's in the OP and bring in at least a 100k salary, I felt I could offer MY opinion from MY experience that I'm actually living. People can take the advice they want, they can pick and choose. Different strokes for different folks. Take what you need from the thread and do what works for YOU.

ok Priss Pot what do you have to add about rich men?

they mentioned weight but they also mentioned their SOs/type of men they're meeting at their weights

there lies the difference but still about money

anyway..

Prettee needs to come and tell us more about Mr Trini

He is in Europe on business I'm here working my arse off at 149 I get a trip at 139 I get an intl trip :look: not because he thinks i'm fat but because he likes to motivate me and I him. He was fasting for Ramadan and worked out with me 5-6 days/wk because he knew I was working out and he wanted to spend as much time with me as possible.

We love hanging out it's smart and flirty and fun. We eat all kinds of foods we talk daily. His job is 60% travel and he makes time for me where he used to have none. He says he makes time for me BECAUSE I AM WORTH IT. I like him a lot but he feels like he likes me more than I like him and that's the way it should be because I'm the prize here.

I could see this going really far or I can see this ending in about a month because I have to check him about himself. He has said that he is a good catch I have to tell him a few things that will make him see otherwise. I hope his ego can take it if not deuces.

I am still dating other people. On Saturday I had a date and it didn't work out he happened to call me and I told him and he dropped everything and was about to come meet me. Well he should have told me his plan because when he called me 20min later I was in a movie theater and told him I had to call him back. He started stuttering and said oh ok. I have a gentleman in Africa $200k+ that is loving my life and a nice prospect in Houston $1m+/yr. That being said Trini is my first choice. He has made it clear that "I'm in first place." I think he thought that was a compliment but I told him this isn't a competition. I don't compete for men I'm either the one or I'm not.

As far as the age discussion I have a 17yr old kid :look: #oldheadinthread

Last edited:
He is in Europe on business I'm here working my arse off at 149 I get a trip at 139 I get an intl trip :look: not because he thinks i'm fat but because he likes to motivate me and I him. He was fasting for Ramadan and worked out with me 5-6 days/wk because he knew I was working out and he wanted to spend as much time with me as possible.

We love hanging out it's smart and flirty and fun. We eat all kinds of foods we talk daily. His job is 60% travel and he makes time for me where he used to have none. He says he makes time for me BECAUSE I AM WORTH IT. I like him a lot but he feels like he likes me more than I like him and that's the way it should be because I'm the prize here.

I could see this going really far or I can see this ending in about a month because I have to check him about himself. He has said that he is a good catch I have to tell him a few things that will make him see otherwise. I hope his ego can take it if not deuces.

I am still dating other people. On Saturday I had a date and it didn't work out he happened to call me and I told him and he dropped everything and was about to come meet me. Well he should have told me his plan because when he called me 20min later I was in a movie theater and told him I had to call him back. He started stuttering and said oh ok. I have a gentleman in Africa $200k+ that is loving my life and a nice prospect in Houston $1m+/yr. That being said Trini is my first choice. He has made it clear that "I'm in first place." I think he thought that was a compliment but I told him this isn't a competition. I don't compete for men I'm either the one or I'm not.

I'm rooting for de Trini ting! I mean I have to as a fellow West Indian :grin:

wow. you really like this guy! good luck! we're rooting for you!

Is it that they lump the high school and non-college marriages into that group? Have they controlled for SES and education? Because the stats Barbie stated seem extreme to me as well. Surely the possible effect isn't as stark for college-educated folks.

This! This is why the stats sound extreme, no other factors are taken into place.

How old are you ladies? I hope Im not the oldest. Sigh....

I'm 27.

Ladies lets not fight. Don't want BEAUTYU2U thread to get clanked now.

We aren't fighting; it's just a disagreement. I will love on barbie in another thread in which we agree.

Well its a stat. Just like the ones that say if you live with your SO/BF before marriage you're more likely to divorce. I'm in the same boat getting married at 22 but hey if it don't apply, let if fly :lol:

Well, the stats for the living together before marriage is a stat that people see everyday. I'm part of that statistic because DH and I lived together 6 months while we were engaged (because we moved to Cali) before we actually tied the knot. That statistic is more realistic than the one about the average child who had parents who married before 25 are gonna be screw-ups in life.

ok Priss Pot what do you have to add about rich men?

If you're going by the definition of rich as in the OP regardless of salary (and that beauty2U clarified), then I've said my piece up thread. But if you're going off of millionaires, then I haven't anything to say because I haven't dated one. I jumped in on the convo when y'all were talking about body types and what a certain weight looks like at a certain height. That was my initial contribution. Like I said, I didn't marry a millionaire so I can't comment on that, but that I do agree that the slimmer figure is what they usually go for. It is what it is.

How old are you ladies? I hope Im not the oldest. Sigh....

I'm 36 :lol: I just pop in here from time to time to check on the young girls. I don't need a husband right now since I have one and I know how to get another one if & when I need to. I used to think marriage had a time limit and my time is almost up :lol: I kid, I kid.

BTW, can you point us into the direction of the studies that show this? Because I'd imagine that quite a few women here on LHCF met their DHs before the age of 25.

Poor grades? Delinquency? So now it's not enough for someone to come from a 2 parent household; now it's about "well at what age did your parents meet?" Barbie, you don't have to feel the way that I do, but I honestly feel that comment was very reaching. It's like you purposely tried to throw shade and **** on people's relationships to make yourself feel better. I may be wrong, but that's how it seemed.

I'm hoping barbiesocialite was not throwing shade. I don't see it that way but I'm sure she can comment better than me. I try to see the best in people unless they give me a reason not to, or my gut kicks in.

In the case of what she mentioned, there are facts backing it. For divorce rates there are tons of articles that point to this. At 25 and over it just goes down with 25 being at around 16% and 30 down to about 8% and so on. Then when you add education the rates go down even more.

Some quick articles but if you search google a ton of studies and articles will pop up about it:

http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-myth-of-the-high-rate-of-divorce/00011473

http://www.divorcerate.org/

That doesn't mean it's bad to marry early (and I'm an advocate of waiting but know that people make it everyday), but marrying earlier does handicap things a bit and I thing barbiesocialite is talking about putting odds in your favor, not about exceptions to the rule. Nor does that take away from your marriage (if you are married) or anyone else in this age group.

I also agree with your post earlier. If you find a good one (and you love him) why not hold on to him? That doesn't mean necessarily that you marry after graduation. Heck you could still get married at 25 or so on after meeting the love of your life in undergrad and definitely after meeting them in grad school.

Also post on poor grades etc how marrying young affect kids (focuses mostly on teenagers at 19 etc though):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3000061/

I'm sure there are more but I just don't want to look for them. A google search will pull them up.

I only pulled these because of the question. I don't think it should be an argument about this as it takes the thread away from things. These are just facts. They are what they are and takes nothing away from other individuals in which they do not apply.

Last edited:
Hey are y'all arguing? Weeze married :lol: We don't even have to be here Priss :lol:

Okay okay okay. Here I am sticking my head in where it doesn't belong. I just had to get clarification on the 140-143lbs comment, and it went downhill from there. I'll go now :lol: :lol: :lol:

natalie-dee-comics-tough-being-broccoli-ice-cream.png

BTW, can you point us into the direction of the studies that show this? Because I'd imagine that quite a few women here on LHCF met their DHs before the age of 25.

Poor grades? Delinquency? So now it's not enough for someone to come from a 2 parent household; now it's about "well at what age did your parents meet?" Barbie, you don't have to feel the way that I do, but I honestly feel that comment was very reaching. It's like you purposely tried to throw shade and **** on people's relationships to make yourself feel better. I may be wrong, but that's how it seemed.

Stats are stats, if it doesn't apply to your individual situation, fine. I say the same thing in the oow threads so I have to apply it to myself also. My dh and I met and married before 25 and we are still married, and our kids are smart and well-behaved.

At least in public. :look: :lol:

Well I should've kept reading 'cause you already said it.

This! This is why the stats sound extreme, no other factors are taken into place.

I'm 27.

We aren't fighting; it's just a disagreement. I will love on barbie in another thread in which we agree.

Well, the stats for the living together before marriage is a stat that people see everyday. I'm part of that statistic because DH and I lived together 6 months while we were engaged (because we moved to Cali) before we actually tied the knot. That statistic is more realistic than the one about the average child who had parents who married before 25 are gonna be screw-ups in life.

If you're going by the definition of rich as in the OP regardless of salary (and that beauty2U clarified), then I've said my piece up thread. But if you're going off of millionaires, then I haven't anything to say because I haven't dated one. I jumped in on the convo when y'all were talking about body types and what a certain weight looks like at a certain height. That was my initial contribution. Like I said, I didn't marry a millionaire so I can't comment on that, but that I do agree that the slimmer figure is what they usually go for. It is what it is.

Yes I know you lived together before but you get a pass because ummmmmm y'all were engaged and it was a planning/moving/location thing??

I'm not pressed about the stats re: marrying young because I know they are true statically and here's why. MOST people that marry under 25 are poor. because most that would marry under 25 are not be in college/ post grad studies or already working. When I graduated from pharma I was young but I made the $$$, DH was just starting LS . But people under 25 aren't even getting one degree Much less making enough to get married. Also most people that marry under 25 don't have options nor college degrees and are poor, and we know poor begets poor, thus poor begets a whole other host of issues including low parental involvement, problems on school, et Al so the kids then fall into these stats. Marrying under 25 stats now are not the same as when our parents did. I've seen that stat and my point is it doesn't apply to me. And if it doesn't to you then don't worry about it :yep:.

Now I would and so encourage young people to get married after college because I think there is a window to getting a marrying age man and its under 28 ;but that's another thread.

Yes I know you lived together before but you get a pass because ummmmmm y'all were engaged and it was a planning/moving/location thing??

I'm not pressed about the stats re: marrying young because I know they are true statically and here's why. MOST people that marry under 25 are poor. because most that would marry under 25 are not be in college/ post grad studies or already working. When I graduated from pharma I was young but I made the $$$, DH was just starting LS . But people under 25 aren't even getting one degree Much less making enough to get married. Also most people that marry under 25 don't have options nor college degrees and are poor, and we know poor begets poor, thus poor begets a whole other host of issues including low parental involvement, problems on school, et Al so the kids then fall into these stats. Marrying under 25 stats now are not the same as when our parents did. I've seen that stat and my point is it doesn't apply to me. And if it doesn't to you then don't worry about it :yep:.

Now I would and so encourage young people to get married after college because I think there is a window to getting a marrying age man and its under 28 ;but that's another thread.

this thread is not about young marriage. It's about rich men. stop killing the thread!!!!!!! and take Priss Pot with you. :lachen::assimilat

Okay okay okay. Here I am sticking my head in where it doesn't belong. I just had to get clarification on the 140-143lbs comment, and it went downhill from there. I'll go now :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's the 140lbs comment ? I don't keep up :lol:

this thread is not about young marriage. It's about rich men. stop killing the thread!!!!!!! and take Priss Pot with you. :lachen::assimilat

What's the 140lbs comment ? I don't keep up :lol:

I blame HollyGolightly for being able to lose a dress size after 5lbs and sparking my curiosity on how a man can notice a 3-5lb weight difference on a woman. I've dropped 30 and I'm just now able to squeeeeeeeze the next size down.

Zaynab Holly made a comment that although she married rich at 145lbs, she attracted even wealthier men at 140-143lbs. I was just confused at how 3-5lbs will make or break you in the rich man department.

Back