How To Attract A Rich Man

2yvpcsk.jpg
:grin::lol::lachen:@ that gif

ps you don't have to go broke getting a new wardrobe to attract your new boo.

If all of your dresses are club dresses they can be toned down with blazers same can be said about trendy clothes slap on a blazer then quit buying trendy ish and buy some classic staples

I am a big fan of tight high waist skirts that come to the knee with loops for big giant wrestling belts :giggle: and slits in the back.

for some reason I meet dudes in cheap summer tank dresses and sandals every year. I think a dress will beat jeans any day of the week if you just wear more dresses I think people will meet more men in general and increase your chances of meeting a rich one

find the rich people parks in your town and walk or run the trails. find the rich people magazines for your city and go to the places you see in there. There are such things as dr bars lawyer bars politician restaurants etc find them learn them become a familiar face

Ssssspppt!!!!!:

• be careful about those heavy in finance...you know the potential to go up the river with the Made-off's
  • don't go for a surgeon, try a politician instead (cross your fingers with that)
  • self-made is the way to go, green, philanthropic, world traveler, laid-back
  • watch those who inherited theirs...there's a dangerous line with mines on the other side
  • watch out with the blue-bloods, they are crazier than mad cow disease
  • when you land one who is old money rich, read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" cuz you'll need this for his sisters and mother...lay low and be uber supportive
  • if you landed one who became rich after your marriage, prepare for your escape just in case he upgrades

It can be done ladies. Be philanthropic or at least hang out in those circles. If you have the looks, become a model. Get to know rich women first...they have friends and family. :yep:

Ssssspppt!!!!!:

• be careful about those heavy in finance...you know the potential to go up the river with the Made-off's
  • don't go for a surgeon, try a politician instead (cross your fingers with that)
  • watch those who inherited theirs...there's a dangerous line with mines on the other side
  • when you land one who is old money rich, read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" cuz you'll need this for his sisters and mother...lay low and be uber supportive
  • if you landed one who became rich after your marriage, prepare for your escape just in case he upgrades

It can be done ladies. Be philanthropic or at least hang out in those circles. If you have the looks, become a model. Get to know rich women first...they have friends and family. :yep:

They are so my type:look:........

Last edited:
Hm, I'll put weight loss and conventions on my short term list. I'd learn to golf but I really wanna learn how to shoot guns this summer :look:

Great thread. Can you ladies please add more to the places you meet these types of men? I saw upthread about coffee shops and VIP areas. I'm going back upthread to see what else I missed.

I don't work in town but I have a pretty good job. I don't live in the most affluent area, so trips to the grocery store isn't exactly where I expect Mr. Big to show up. I've actually outgrown my neighborhood but I don't want to move again until I'm married.

I think I have the ladylike tendancies/look already put in place but I just don't know where to go?? The only things I do is go to the malls and the clubs occasionally (I don't expect to meet Mr. Big at a club but hey, it's something to do). And as for the malls, the ones I go to are in the more affluent areas but men aren't exactly hanging in the malls. They're in and out.

I have no problem attending VIP events and all but it's hard when your friends can't afford it or don't want to pay to play. :perplexed I guess that's why you mentioned meeting new friends, right.

Any tips for me?

Early this morning, I was thinking about how I can meet the caliber of man that shares my interest. I, personally, want to thank the ladies in this thread for their advice.

Personally, I do agree that you have to be where the rich men are. But I believe a woman should do things that are of interest to her; you can get a rich man, but if you two have nothing to discuss at the end of the day, the relationship may not last.

I also wanted to point out the femininity pin at the top of this forum. Check it out.

PretteePlease You've taught me a great deal via observation. Much obliged :yep:.

Ok let's break down what I had on when I met rich men I dated 6mo or longer. Mind you I was not trying to marry any of them they are in chronological order and I was very young and not marriage minded towards the beginning then towards the end my kid was old and I wasn't going to introduce any one new to the mix because there was too much going on and she has stated that she does not want me to get married/have kids and I feel she sabotaged me with NM so I stopped dating with serious intentions until after JUNE 8, 2013 but that's another thread

Rich Italian- dated 2yrs in NY I met him when I worked at a law firm. I wore a skirt suit/heels almost every day I was not a lawyer but if you walked in the office you would have thought I was a Jr partner (millionaire but he outright stole the money in a boiler room scheme currently on 10yr probation with a $3million fine)

NM- dated off and on for 3yrs long distance. I met him at the Long Beach Jazz festival I had on an all white Marilyn Monroe halter dress and a hat and shades must have been the body cause you couldn't see the face he was a friend of a friend NETWORK LADIES (millionaire-engineer by trade but his money comes from being a section 8 slum lord)

Lambo- only dated for about 6mo I wouldn't give up the goods. He had a lambo, a private jet, was politically connected and was tall dark and handsome. I met him online and our first meeting was when he flew me to his city I was dressed completely wrong it was summer and I had on a horrible coral/mint green outfit I think there is a pic in my phone (LA multi-millionaire the boot not the city oilman/buys businesses that are good but financially mismanaged and brings them back to life.....most of the time)

Martymar- currently exploring as a dating option. Met online first time we met in person I had on a blazer white shirt and yellow denim tights and heels. The next time we meet I will have on a dress or skirt and heels. (Montana multi-millionaire :look: owns a chemical company that serves mostly oil & gas clients)

Backtoafrica- currently exploring as a dating option. Met online 1st real mtng I had just left a business mtng when I met him I had on a black blazer magenta spaghetti tank black blazer and black round toe kitten heels. The next few times we went out I had on boom pow dresses or skirts and 4in heels (African multi-millionaire owns operates and distributes oil field equipment company)

Prez- currently hanging out with but do not see as a dating option FORMER millionaire not giving too much someone one here might know him he is in with the Houston Black and Non black Elite he knows everbody but I met him at the gym he has seen me looking a hot mess for 3yrs outside of the gym I wear chill clothes-->dresses/heels he has seen the good the bad and the hot ugly mes

What I hear from them all very pretty face (I think it's cute but hey), very nice smile, nice teeth although my front two are huge and I need a good whitening, I have a great sense of humor and a great a$$. They also like that I know enough to speak with intelligence on a variety of subjects and the ones I don't know about I ask good questions about because I want to know more so that the next time it comes up I've had time to read up on it.

face+personality+big arse= dating who I date

I didn't mention the other guys that I go out with because in the $100k+/yr range most wouldn't consider them rich but a few are rich in the making like Austin software man......

I wish people weren't so catty or I'd post face/body pics cause I'm not the typical body type to attract rich dudes

Great thread. Can you ladies please add more to the places you meet these types of men? I saw upthread about coffee shops and VIP areas. I'm going back upthread to see what else I missed.

I don't work in town but I have a pretty good job. I don't live in the most affluent area, so trips to the grocery store isn't exactly where I expect Mr. Big to show up. I've actually outgrown my neighborhood but I don't want to move again until I'm married.

I think I have the ladylike tendancies/look already put in place but I just don't know where to go?? The only things I do is go to the malls and the clubs occasionally (I don't expect to meet Mr. Big at a club but hey, it's something to do). And as for the malls, the ones I go to are in the more affluent areas but men aren't exactly hanging in the malls. They're in and out.

I have no problem attending VIP events and all but it's hard when your friends can't afford it or don't want to pay to play. :perplexed I guess that's why you mentioned meeting new friends, right.

Any tips for me?

you don't want to go with your friends anyway. It's best to go alone. this applies to dating in general. herds of women intimidate men and you don't need unnecessary competition. The more places you frequent solo, the more likely you are to meet someone.

sunnydaze I know your font and I know others as well. I apologize if you felt attacked I just dont want potential posters to get scared off from the thread.

As far as marrying goes, have you guys seen the posts on here??? A woman is likely to be accused & shamed of being a gold digger if she married rich to begin with :nono: As far as this thread goes, I'm sure we prob have some trophy wives who are lowkey. Personally I dont know of too many women on the board that meet the married rich criteria-- although there are a couple athlete wives on here :look:. For the most part, a lot of the husbands seems to have amassed wealth over time, they didnt start the marriage that way tho. Then there's another category of women that are successful at attracting money or acquiring things. So for women that want to marry rich, I'm sure putting the pieces of the puzzle together coulld help a woman find herself in such a position where she may find herself set for life. :yep:

I dated rich but I married new money amassed later and I married beneath myself. See I'm not really a unicorn after all. :yep::yep:

you don't want to go with your friends anyway. It's best to go alone. this applies to dating in general. herds of women intimidate men and you don't need unnecessary competition. The more places you frequent solo, the more likely you are to meet someone.

You're right, barbiesocialite. I've been working on getting out more alone this year and it seems to be what I need to get used to doing. I'm at that point now where it's VERY necessary.

Thank you!!

Ssssspppt!!!!!:

I think it becomes dangerous when you tell people what type of rich guy to date based on profession. Different women look for different things in a mate.

Any tips for me?

Hang out in the city center, rich men socialize and eat near where they work, they are too lazy to go within a five mile radius.

According to your definition, my man is rich. :lol: The only thing I can honestly say that I did was be honest with myself. Not only did I stop dating guys that simply had the perception of these qualities, but I also stopped hanging around females who dated them as well. Where I live, there are a lot of guys who think they are flyer than they actually are. Their perception of wealthy is ALLLLLLLLLL wrong. Their egos and exterior are way bigger than their pockets. They might drive a benz and have nice clothes and a few other attractive material items. Yet when you look just a little bit deeper, they have nothing else. No reserve. No lasting power.

It starts with self. I set a standard for myself by already identifying an idea of how the type of woman who wins in life, lives. I took those ideas and started to apply them to myself, and invest time into myself to become that person. It's a work in progress. I've found that you have to be open to converting your mindset. You have to be willing to do different things and go different places than what's trendy or popular at that moment. I hope this is making sense.

The one thing I know for sure though is, you have to change your circle. You have to be willing to feel friendless and kick it by yourself for a while if it means eventually being around the right people who are on a path that is parallel to what you desire in life. Not saying kick your friends to the curb, but be open to having new friends. The best way I can tell you is by example:

I have a cousin whose best friend is the mother of a millionaire's child. All while she dated this dude, he cheated on her. She'd have to read about it, hear about it, whatever. While he broke her off with money, she was still always singin the blues. Every girl in her clique for the most part is fly...nice looking etc. But all of their men treats them the same daggone way and they're all forever singing the same blues ballad. The difference is that these men are not rich , but simply have the material front and ego as if they were. All the girls love each other and support each other... as they continue to date the same quality of men that keep them singin the blues. This is a prime example of when you need to get rid of your friends to do better in life.

Rich is not just financial. Rich is also feeling secure and having peace of mind. Rich is when you are trying to achieve your goals, and you are putting all of your energy into accomplishing that goal... without being drained by the energy it takes from the drama of having a man who cheats on you.

Like I said, it starts with self. I couldn't identify what I wanted in a man, but just from hangin around my cousin's friends, I sure could identify what I didn't want. I stuck to it and I got busy at working on myself. And I didnt X out the calendar days that went by anticipating when I'd meet this dream man. There are plenty of men out there who have great qualities and are rich. We just have to think more with our minds and not our eyes.

#realtalk.................

What City do most of you women live? I'm in West Palm Beach. Any rich men I run into are usually in their 70s in this area. smh

Hang out in the city center, rich men socialize and eat near where they work, they are too lazy to go within a five mile radius.

Writing it down now and adding it to the list. May have to start taking day trips in town on my next day off instead of the malls. Thank you Zaynab !!

Great thread! As always thanks Zaynab barbiesocialite and PretteePlease

I know a handful of ladies who married millionaire athletes and they all met during college. The ladies are all a certain type- long hair, light skin-which feeds into the "exotical" stereotype unfortunately. The guys just wanted women that looked that way, I guess..The women have no more education than you and I, they dont dress "nice", dont work out and barely cook and clean and Claim to hate sex. So not sure what other qualities they have.

I dont know anyone who has married or is dating a self made or corporate millionaire currently although I know plenty of women who aspire to do so. The pointers are very helpful and I have tried the eating alone in a nice restaurant thing myself just to see if I would attract a professional, qualitty guy and I did!! Lol... Im super shy, dont give off a friendly vibe and I have an awful mean mugging resting face-Lol...The guy said that he was in charge of the company that builds a well known breakfast chain and he was in town checking on the new project, yada, yada but I was super depressed getting out of a relationship so I didnt follow up.

Sorry for the rambling but I will keep checking for more tips, while planning to drive 30 miles to the "rich" Starbucks to get a yogurt parfait!! Lmbo!

Any tips for me?

I wouldn't recommend VIP at clubs, only maybe at sporting events.

I met lots of guys at social networking events. Find out what groups are in your area that host events for the professional crowd, afternoon and evening socials. Start going to those events. Eventually, you will start running into familiar faces and start getting in the know. Often, these guys will not approach when they first see you so you should keep going, even if you don't meet anyone of consequence right away. One guy told me he would see at at different places and started to inquire about me through shared friends. I met him when he invited me to one of his events through my gf's DH. He joked about how he had asked me to dance at a previous event but I looked uninterested :lol: I din't even know that :lol:

I've met other well-off guys this way. Go to nice lounges with an upscale, trendy setting for professionals, after-work crowd. Here is NY there are several groups that have events and if you go you will start seeing the same faces :look:

Also, join groups like 100 black women or other similar groups (Urban League, etc) and get to know people. You'd be surprised :)

Hm, I'll put weight loss and conventions on my short term list. I'd learn to golf but I really wanna learn how to shoot guns this summer :look:

Funny you say that because the NRA convention was in town and I gave serious thought to sashaying my black self right down there, then they said Sarah Palin was speaking and I just stayed home.

Hairsnob GO ALONE DON'T WAIT ON FRIENDS make friends when you get there

eta: A note on making friends when you get there 1)you know they are willing to pay to go 2) you know that they are probably on what you are on 3) they probably know about other ish that you don't know about and may invite you 4) they will have friends that got back to 1-3

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend VIP at clubs, only maybe at sporting events.

I met lots of guys at social networking events. Find out what groups are in your area that host events for the professional crowd, afternoon and evening socials. Start going to those events. Eventually, you will start running into familiar faces and start getting in the know. Often, these guys will not approach when they first see you so you should keep going, even if you don't meet anyone of consequence right away. One guy told me he would see at at different places and started to inquire about me through shared friends. I met him when he invited me to one of his events through my gf's DH. He joked about how he had asked me to dance at a previous event but I looked uninterested :lol: I din't even know that :lol:

I've met other well-off guys this way. Go to nice lounges with an upscale, trendy setting for professionals, after-work crowd. Here is NY there are several groups that have events and if you go you will start seeing the same faces :look:

Also, join groups like 100 black women or other similar groups (Urban League, etc) and get to know people. You'd be surprised :)

Yeah, VIP areas at clubs scream groupie LOL. You made some good points because I notice that the men I do meet usually say they saw me before and I never saw them in my life. I never thought about it that way. They do seem to ask around first.

Right now all I have under my belt is that I can attend happy hours alone and I attended one networking event alone. I tried to get my girlfriend to join a womens group with me and she said no way, all those catty women?? That was my clue that I need to break away because she totally missed the point and she's the main one complaining of being single. I'm going to join the group for sure on my own :yep:

Thank you JewelleNY !!

I think it becomes dangerous when you tell people what type of rich guy to date based on profession. Different women look for different things in a mate.

????

My list was part sarcasm, part truth, part humor..take it with a grain of salt. It's not the definitive list and it's not to be taken that literally. Just be aware of some of the statistical problems of trying to find your rich man, no?

i swear my mom could have written this post.:lol: not snarky at all.

she literally just went and bought me all this Banana Republic stuff too, all these tailored shirts and pencil skirts and sheath dresses, like ima need you to dress like a real adult now that you graduated.
guess i'll go actually take the tags off. :look:

This just warms my heart. Just beautiful.

We've inspired another one to the other side.

#teamladylike

Any tips for me?

Ok, I'll be a litte specific:

1 - Evening lectures at either museums or universities on specific exhibits or topics. But to be clear, the art crowd is a bit different (a tad more uppity) than the university crowd. Sometimes they're intertwined, but other times they're 2 different animals.

2 - Business/Property owner association informational meetings... especially if the topics cover new construction and zoning. Successful business and property owners like to stay in the know of what changes could potentially affect their revenue. Many times, they're voting on what to approve and who/what to endorse.

3 - Profession-specific mixers, such as Finance MBAs or Ad Execs, which are usually in conjunction with the city chamber of commerce.

4 - Tennis & golf tournaments, especially when they are sponsored by a major corporation. All you have to do is sit and watch. The person you sit next to may be the one who gave the green light to finance the whole thing.

5 - A rotary club sponsored event. You'll be be youngest one there and wind up meeting a man whose wife does the same thing as you. You meet the wife who in turn thinks you'd be great for her son, the orthodontist...

6 - A political informational meeting, such as city council meeting. This is where all the attorneys with $$$$ are. Remember that the most successful politicians are attorneys, and for those politicians that aren't, they have many attorneys advising and working for them in some capacity. These attorneys are the partners and senior staff at their firms.

To find when and where these events are taking place, read the LOCAL (and most of the time free) newspapers, not just the Times or the like. Many of these newtorks stay very close to the communities that they run.

I'm tellin you ladies, it's not the athletes and rappers with the real money. Not by a long shot.

Just my $.02.

^^ I'm going to a political fundraiser tonight..I don't know a soul there, but I will it my business to get to know a few folks... I have my talking points ready..:grin::lol:

Okay, I'll cut the sarcasm here and cut right to the chase....coffee shops? Wear cute clothing to the club? You know, most people who marry rich men are introduced to them through their circle of friends, family, associates, neighbors, ok? At places Browndilocks suggested....where they do business and run the city. I need to know the definition of rich here. Doctors/dentists are usually on the much lower rung of who I thought OP was initially talking about.

Back