How To Attract A Rich Man

Wait are we talking rich white collar men only? There are very wealthy blue collar families. In MA there are plenty of familes in construction with generational wealth up the wazoo and the descendants are scattered in their offices and some in hard hats out in the field. Acceptable, yay or nay?

Yay: acceptable.

Wait are we talking rich white collar men only? There are very wealthy blue collar families. In MA there are plenty of familes in construction with generational wealth up the wazoo and the descendants are scattered in their offices and some in hard hats out in the field. Acceptable, yay or nay?

There are white collar roles within blue collar industries and that's where you'll tend to find these people. Even when they're in the field with a hardhat they're usually overseeing the project, not actually doing the building. The exception to this is when they're younger. Many wealthy families put their children to work at the lower levels of the family business when they're in high school and college so that once they have their B.S. or maybe their M.B.A. they can jump right into a more senior managerial role. Helps them learn the business from the bottom up. I definitely respect families that insist on this before giving Jr. the corner office.

There are white collar roles within blue collar industries and that's where you'll tend to find these people. Even when they're in the field with a hardhat they're usually overseeing the project, not actually doing the building. The exception to this is when they're younger. Many wealthy families put their children to work at the lower levels of the family business when they're in high school and college so that once they have their B.S. or maybe their M.B.A. they can jump right into a more senior managerial role. Helps them learn the business from the bottom up. I definitely respect families that insist on this before giving Jr. the corner office.

I know this but what about the ones who prefer getting their hands dirty in the field because there are a few sons who I see preferring to build vs oversee. The don't have the MBAs but they have the Master Plumber,Electrician etc certifications. They may not have the sophistication but they have the wealth behind them. Are they acceptable?

I know this but what about the ones who prefer getting their hands dirty in the field because there are a few sons who I see preferring to build vs oversee. The don't have the MBAs but they have the Master Plumber,Electrician etc certifications. They may not have the sophistication but they have the wealth behind them. Are they acceptable?

I mean that's up to you to determine. The title of the thread is How To Attract a Rich Man, not How to Attract a Rich Man Who Only Makes His Money In one of Three Acceptable Ways. You're right, there are some people who prefer to build something and others who prefer to supervise. I don't think one is better than the other although my guess is that people who descend from those families tend to eventually assume a more managerial role (at least the ones at my school do...but that makes sense since they're in b-school). Being that I don't have even $1MM I'm not gonna say that someone's $50MM doesn't count because he wears a hard hat or works on an oil rig. Personally I tend to vibe better with more white collar men but that's likely based on just having similar education and work backgrounds.

All of that to say, "Whatever floats your boat."

you don't have to lose anything. there are thick women with rich men.

but to be on the safe side, I'd lose 20lbs. :look:

Thanks for your honest advice. I have an athletic build, and Im currently at my heaviest. I've never been comfortable at this size, so losing weight is definitely something I Want. Your right, I'm a size 8.

Never seen any dude with serious money with any woman over 200lobs ever. Not even the coming up althetes/rappers

there should be a seperate thread for the blue collar ones, you know the imaginary garbnage men making 100k/a month or whatever that person claimed

aint no one talking about them here :look:

Never seen any dude with serious money with any woman over 200lobs ever. Not even the coming up althetes/rappers

there should be a seperate thread for the blue collar ones, you know the imaginary garbnage men making 100k/a month or whatever that person claimed

I laughed. :lachen:.....:look:

I think sliming down is good but I think that it's less about losing 10 pounds of weight and more about how you dress (baring being visibly overweight). People act like they dont know how to dress when they gain weight. Maybe its actually related to how you feel at each weight.

IDK cause its a little different w4w. They want you to appeal to their feelings and mess lol

I hate you :lachen: :cry: :lachen:

I have been following this thread and don't remember this mentioned, so can we include it?

Hair. Weaves, wigs.

I don't wear them BUT have worn them for weddings as a bridesmaid. I have some clip ins I would like to start wearing, but not all the time.

I guess my question is how do these rich men feel about hair? Do they like short, long, "real" hair, do they care if you wear wigs, weaves, etc.

I think I look hotter with longer hair, but I am not one to keep weaves in my hair for more than a day or two. Should I even bother starting, if I know I can't keep it up?

It depends on the guy. But, I'm currently surrounded by these old money married couples on vacation...young and old. I don't see ANYONE wearing weaves & wigs. Even the sistas (the 2 that Ive seen this week...one biracial or quadroon & one black British) are rocking their natural waves and 4X tresses blown out, respectively.

But, other new money, self-made rich guys are probably totally fine with their wives/girlfriends wearing weaves.

And it seems the only ones wearing long hair (MBL+) are the elementary through college aged girls.

It depends on the guy. But, I'm currently surrounded by these old money married couples on vacation...young and old. I don't see ANYONE wearing weaves & wigs. Even the sistas (the 2 that Ive seen this week...one biracial or quadroon & one black British) are rocking their natural waves and 4X tresses blown out, respectively.

But, other new money, self-made rich guys are probably totally fine with their wives/girlfriends wearing weaves.

And it seems the only ones wearing long hair (MBL+) are the elementary through college aged girls.

you can't use married women as the standard for single women. Everyone knows becoming a wife is like a get out of jail free pass to let yourself go.:look:

Once you get married, you dont have to be as thin or as "on" as you do when you're single.

Ladies this is a bit off topic, but there's a book I'd like to suggest: The Richest Man in Babylon. This is for your own personal wealth. Great read/listen (audio)

you can't use married women as the standard for single women. Everyone knows becoming a wife is like a get out of jail free pass to let yourself go.:look:

Once you get married, you dont have to be as thin or as "on" as you do when you're single.

But the thing is these traditional women do not let themselves go en masse. They are beautiful, thin and take care of themselves well into their 40s, 50s, 60s. I'm sure there haven't been crazy changes to their appearance since they've been married (maybe they become alcoholics, depend on Rx drugs, become bipolar or psycho, etc. though). But many stay thin. I'm talking traditional couples.

I'll still use the married women around me as a standard because its where I'm headed and I could learn from them.

But the thing is these traditional women do not let themselves go en masse. They are beautiful, thin and take care of themselves well into their 40s, 50s, 60s. I'm sure there haven't been crazy changes to their appearance since they've been married (maybe they become alcoholics, depend on Rx drugs, become bipolar or psycho, etc. though). But many stay thin. I'm talking traditional couples.

I'll still use the married women around me as a standard because its where I'm headed and I could learn from them.

usually how women are as wives is very different from how they were when they met their husbands. rich or poor.

but you know whats best for you. :yep:

Well, when you build certain habits of taking care of yourself in your younger decades, I imagine you wouldn't let them go like that. Unrelated, but I think the body has muscle memory. The younger and the harder you work out when you are young, the easier it is to be in shape once older. (Why I am making exercise a habit from now on. And I have a toned build with little exercise now, from working out rigorously in high school.)

And when you have refined tastes when young, easier to keep it up (than pick it up) when older. In fact, I've noticed that UE styles don't change that much across age groups (old American prep, for example), except maybe for the length of the skirt. That's it. And there are many old-money young women dressing as though they are 50+:look: and I don't know why.

:lachen: @ the bolded. I swear those $100k/month garbage men are unicorns. Everybody believes in them but ain't nobody ever seen one.

I've seen several well to do men (corporate execs) with women who were at best chubby. Never anyone seriously overweight or obese. However, I realize this is not the norm so women shouldn't think that they have an equal shot at a rich man regardless of her size. 200lbs for me is different than the average woman because I'm almost 6' tall. Someone who's 5'4 will look completely different. Dress sizes also look different on different women. When I get really small I'm still a size 8 (sometimes 6). I know girls who look bigger than me but actually wear a smaller size than I currently do. I can't call it. I think every woman knows when she can stand to lose an extra 10 (or 20 or 30lbs) and when she's at her slimmest without going by strict cutoffs that don't consider her height and build.

Not trying to start a back and forth about what's the right size, just offering food for thought.

So basically the phrase " Do you boo" doesn't apply here. I think we are doing a little too much to get these men. What are they supposed to be doing to get/keep us or are the tables turned and they are the prize because they have the money?

I good with getting the rich man so long as you don't lose yourself and identity and conform to his just because he has money. I think losing the weight and sprucing up should be done for your own happiness. Then once you are happy with yourself then you can position yourself to get him but let him know the you are the prize and he is lucky to have you coz if he don't act right, you have plenty of options.

So basically the phrase " Do you boo" doesn't apply here. I think we are doing a little too much to get these men. What are they supposed to be doing to get/keep us or are the tables turned and they are the prize because they have the money?

I good with getting the rich man so long as you don't lose yourself and identity and conform to his just because he has money. I think losing the weight and sprucing up should be done for your own happiness. Then once you are happy with yourself then you can position yourself to get him but let him know the you are the prize and he is lucky to have you coz if he don't act right, you have plenty of options.

I think it's simple: be hot, not-fat and interesting. that's it. :look:

But I think that's how all single women should be anyway so eh.....

Skinny to me is a size 2 or 4, 168 has gotta be like a size 8 at least. If you're a young childless woman on the richman hunt, I agree that it's best to be on the slim side. Make life simpler and easier.

I agree to a certain extent. I'm 5'8" & look like skeletor when I'm a size 6 and below. It's like...not cute. I'm not a "fat apologist" either lol...I'm rather militant when it comes to health and fitness.

However, too skinny and I look gross. There is just a very fine line when you workout for muscle and I don't think weight should have a bearing - maybe measurements or dress size...but not weight (if she works out).

I do see your point about keeping it simple. Just want to point out that a size 8 on a 5'8" chick isn't fat. An 8 on a short girl and a tall girl looks like night and day.

You should (general you). If you are interested in staying married and not getting cheated on.

You should (general you). If you are interested in staying married and not getting cheated on.

that's the ideal. reality is they dont. if that were the case there wouldnt be the saying "he/she looks like they are married." I can almost always tell if a person is married or single by their physical presentation. And no, most of the the men or women did not have that "married look" when they were single or dating. Older married women, like to think they are still in the same league with the youngin single women they use to be when their DH's married them but it simply its true.

even Beyonce isnt nearly as hot and doesnt dress the same since she's gotten married. She maintained the same look for years, but soon as she got married for a hot minute she's changed a lot. Her sexy stock has plummeted faster than the dow jones in 08.

anyway, that's very short-sighted view of cheating. how about cheaters cheat simply bc they are cheaters?:lol:

I agree to a certain extent. I'm 5'8" & look like skeletor when I'm a size 6 and below. It's like...not cute. I'm not a "fat apologist" either lol...I'm rather militant when it comes to health and fitness.

However, too skinny and I look gross. There is just a very fine line when you workout for muscle and I don't think weight should have a bearing - maybe measurements or dress size...but not weight (if she works out).

I do see your point about keeping it simple. Just want to point out that a size 8 on a 5'8" chick isn't fat. An 8 on a short girl and a tall girl looks like night and day.

I agree, an 8 on 5'8 isnt fat, but that doesnt make it thin either. we're going to agree to disagree on this. :yep:

The beyonce example makes sense. In my head im all like "I wanna look even hotter when I get married :pulpdance:" but you're totally right. She's still beautiful and there's nothing wrong with a shift in focus, but I can totally see the difference. Oh noooo. Lol

Anyway, I agree with the comments about the income of suitors being proportional to weight. I've never dated anyone that was straight up rich-six figures is as high as my elevator has gone :giggle: but I can still see the difference cause at my heaviest I was still getting compliments, it was just from "work with a brother" type dudes while the guys I was attracted to started focusing on my personality and talking about women they were dating. I lost that weight right quick when I noticed that mess :look: people used to be like "how'd you do that so fast?" Your son started confidently flirting with me and that was my motivator :duck:

I'm not sure what it is about certain guys and weight but they will swoon over you when you look basic as hell just because you're tiny while Ray at the mall is like "why are you so small now? :ohwell:" one of the last times I was at the mall a complete stranger with his pants hanging down walked up to me and said "too skinny ma :nono:" perfect :look:

Last edited:
im between 5'8 and 5'9 and i would be grossly thin as a size eight. it depends on the person.

this is true. however, the main point of my post is that what some women thinks looks thin or too thin is a matter of perception. I know as fact from being on this board that women have different definitions of whats super thin, skeletor, thick, overweight, etc.

this is true. however, the main point of my post is that what some women thinks looks thin or too thin is a matter of perception. I know as fact from being on this board that women have different definitions of whats super thin, skeletor, thick, overweight, etc.

Some people also have a different perception of what say a size 6 looks like bc of vanity sizing. :look:

Back