How To Attract A Rich Man

When we say "Rich men" , how rich are we talking?

Because I'm thinking one thing, but I think this thread is about another.

This ain't about 'comfortable rich' men. This thread is reserved for flat-out ballers! :laugh:
(And not the NBA or rapper kind either. We're looking for men with dat old money with family offices, estates and trust funds. Or men getting to that next level).

Last edited:
Be careful. That's actually a perfectly skinny weight for that height.... Depending on your bone structure and muscularity.

Skinny to me is a size 2 or 4, 168 has gotta be like a size 8 at least. If you're a young childless woman on the richman hunt, I agree that it's best to be on the slim side. Make life simpler and easier.

Skinny to me is a size 2 or 4, 168 has gotta be like a size 8 at least. If you're a young childless woman on the richman hunt, I agree that it's best to be on the slim side. Make life simpler and easier.

I don't look good being that size or "skinny.". I'm 5'4 and when I was 132lb/sz6 I looked like an anorexic bobble head. Smh

I noticed that being slim is a definately a factor. I'm 5'8'' 165 pounds, shapely brick house as stated in this thread. How much should I slim down? I know I can afford to .

Im 5'9 & was 180. Im down to 163. IM headed to 155 but without weight lifting, I will look like a crackhead. Lol But I hope you want to lose because its a personal choice & not because you want a rich man. That would most likely be the beginning of a bad thing.

Last edited:
I noticed that being slim is a definately a factor. I'm 5'8'' 165 pounds, shapely brick house as stated in this thread. How much should I slim down? I know I can afford to .

I've noticed that the income of my suitors was inversely proportional to my weight.

I'm also 5'8. I met my husband when I was around 143 lbs, and in the best shape of my life. When I was much thinner (138 - 140 lbs), I dated guys that were even wealthier.

I've noticed that the income of my suitors was inversely proportional to my weight.

I'm also 5'8. I met my husband when I was around 143 lbs, and in the best shape of my life. When I was much thinner (138 - 140 lbs), I dated guys that were even wealthier.

THIS. :yep:

truth. rich men tend to like extremely fit or model boney women. women dont want to hear this tho. :look:

yes there are thicker women with wealthy men, but they are the exception not the rule.

I dont know I even buy the crackhead thing. Women complain other women look like bobbleheads or crackheads, I dont hear men say this. Maybe only blue collar or broke men :look:

LOL so true. still cant believe the hens call 12 yre old Willow anorexic..suppose when you are so used to butterball preteens in the community

Anyway Never heard that crap from men either and even if they did say it Im sure it was to make the SO feel better so please. :look:

Yeah I think your pool expands greatly when trim down a bit (or a lot if needed). I hate saying this but it's true, when I'm 10-15 lbs heavier, my shape is super curvy and way more "blue collar" mics dudes, and stingy corporate thugs try to talk to me and I hate it. Do not want.

I would post a pic of some well to do NYC chicks that I know but I don't want no phone calls talking about who posted xyz..lmao.

Last edited:
lol whats a stingy coporate thug

Usually it's the first gen of college grads from the hood that just start making a little money..they start flossing waaay over budget and spend little on their women. Usually they come from single parent households too. No ma'am, not me!

Thought of the day: Mega rich people as a group are kind & down to earth. Semi rich people...well, the jury is still out on them.

YES! I've been in a social circle that has brought me around super duper rich entrepreneurs- a hand full of people worth in the hundreds of millions of dollars and one billionaire. What I've noticed amongst this group is that they are generally very open and down to earth people. It was nothing for me to go up and talk to them. The ones I met were also very perceptive and seemed like the type to be taking notes on you even if you didn't notice. One negative I did notice though, likely because most these rich folk that I came across were men was that a lot of them were not sharp dressers. One guy in particular who in the business world is know for his refined aesthetics regularly dresses in dad jeans and sneakers. Another guy, nearly 40, dresses like a college student.

The second thing I noticed amongst this group was that they all had a deep zest for life. It was nothing for one of them to start a music festival with his favorite musicians, or for another to start a space exploration program, or for yet another to buy an island in east Africa. The last one I gave a side eye to because of location and colonial association :look:.

ETA: I think the reason why the MEGA rich (eg. $200 mil- plus) are generally a down to earth group is because the majority who get to THAT level of wealth have done it on their own terms. They don't have to deal with workplace politics, instead they head their own organizations that they started which means that they have worked in organizations that speaks to some aspect, however minuscule of their passion. This is bound to make most people seem cool.

Last edited:
Advice apropos of nothing as I am not married to a rich man.

That out of the way, regardless of where you are in the process of working on your interests, personality, eating habits etc, never walk out of the house feeling like you are not enough for anyone.

This ain't about 'comfortable rich' men. This thread is reserved for flat-out ballers! :laugh:
(And not the NBA or rapper kind either. We're looking for men with dat old money with family offices, estates and trust funds. Or men getting to that next level).

But I haven't seen anyone talk about men with family offices, estates, etc. on this thread. Maybe I missed something.

beebstt

My zest for life would be off the chain if I had a few hundred million dollars. :lol:

True :lol:.

Another thing I noticed among the MEGA rich that I've personally met: they are all still working even though they don't have to. I met one billionaire 2 weeks ago who still works at the company he founded a while back. Another billionaire I met this past April who is a new billionaire seemed completely content to be working like a dog, and committed to doing so for the next few years. He is relatively young (40s) and unmarried.

Last edited:
Oddly, I've actually attracted more well-off men (doctors, corporate executives, etc.) when I was heavier (over 200lbs). However, I don't think this was a function of my looks and had more to do with a change in my social circle once I went back to school. I think a lot of how a woman looks depends on how she carries herself, but for the most part being on the smaller end of your scale is better for attracting men.

Have any of you noticed any attitude or warnings from friends when you start dating/spending time with men with money. My best friend is always expressing how uncomfortable she is with the fact that some men have been spending money on me. I don't think it's anything extravagant but it's definitely more than what either of us have experienced in the past. Do you find that people are wary of men with means?

^^^ Chile stop wetting people's appetite and tell where you met these unmarried billionaires. I am taking Transformer's approach to life.

For me it was a matter of knowing somebody who knows EVERYBODY. 95% of the super rich folks I met was through one guy who works in the venture capital industry. He himself is in the super duper rich list and knows many of these people because he invested in them.

True :lol:.

Another thing I noticed among the MEGA rich that I've personally met: they are all still working even though they don't have to. I met one billionaire 2 weeks ago who still works at the company he founded a while back. Another billionaire I met this past April who was is a new billionaire seemed completely content to be working like a dog, and committed to doing so for the next few years. He is relatively young (40s) and unmarried.

I think because for them it's not just about accumulating a ton of money. They're focused on growing their business, providing goods/services to society, giving back (philanthropy), adding jobs to the economy, stimulating the economy, etc. So it's bigger than them. Their value is defined by the value of their business & investments.

If they were solely focused on getting money, I doubt they'd be as financially successful as they are today. I admire these guys not because of the money they accumulated but because of their drive, tenacity, long, hard hours they put in to bring their goal to fruition. That's admirable.

Oddly, I've actually attracted more well-off men (doctors, corporate executives, etc.) when I was heavier (over 200lbs). However, I don't think this was a function of my looks and had more to do with a change in my social circle once I went back to school. I think a lot of how a woman looks depends on how she carries herself, but for the most part being on the smaller end of your scale is better for attracting men.

Have any of you noticed any attitude or warnings from friends when you start dating/spending time with men with money. My best friend is always expressing how uncomfortable she is with the fact that some men have been spending money on me. I don't think it's anything extravagant but it's definitely more than what either of us have experienced in the past. Do you find that people are wary of men with means?[/QUOTE]

Usually they don't know what there talking about or are undercover jealous. I mean if they guys a jerk that's a different story, but most of the time guys with money don't have an issue spending just because its not that big of a deal to them.

Have any of you noticed any attitude or warnings from friends when you start dating/spending time with men with money. My best friend is always expressing how uncomfortable she is with the fact that some men have been spending money on me. I don't think it's anything extravagant but it's definitely more than what either of us have experienced in the past. Do you find that people are wary of men with means?

To your second paragraph, my male cousin schooled me big time. He's 34 and has spent serious money on women before he settled down. He told me that be wary of your friends, they WILL try to get at your dude if they know he's spending on you. He also said that certain men will use you as bait to get to your circle.

So yeah sometimes I think it's just envy.

Last edited:
Have any of you noticed any attitude or warnings from friends when you start dating/spending time with men with money. Do you find that people are wary of men with means?

Well I've recently decided I'm not telling anyone but my mom about the men I date. One friend would always ask for updates about the last guy I dated and after a point I didn't want to share anymore. I think friends become more interested when the guy has more money.

My friends are older than me. All are married or divorced and they did not marry rich. But I've caught one saying that she should have married well. Things would have been easier. So, to answer your question: No, my friends are not wary of men with means. They encourage me to stay with them despite my eventual disinterest in their personality, character, looks, age, etc.

Even though I've been following this thread since it started, I'm noticing that I'm associating with these rich people not necessarily to marry them but to become one of them via my work. So yeah, when I talk to these folk, my way of relating to them is totally different :lol:.

Depends on what you're looking for/where you're comfortable living. In Houston is more exciting, but the burbs might be a bit cheaper.

Congratulations @HollyGolightly !
Are you trying to be single lady in the city? Are you trying to be where the action is? Are you just trying to go as cheap as possible and still be safe? You might be able to find something in the Galleria that is just under or at $1k. My friend has a spot on McCue road walking distance of the Galleria mall,right at $1k with an assigned spot and 2pools. It is 1br/1ba maybe 600-700sf but there is no guest parking.

calliope PretteePlease

Both single lady and kinda where action is...

I looked at a few places on the west side of the beltway, but I was not crazy about the area. Then, I found a few places near Third ward and ran. I want it to be within my budget, but be comfortable.

Im also in the camp of, unless were about to getting married or engaged don't talk about your relationship with your friends, that's just me though,if he has money the gold digger accusations will start to come out.

Wait are we talking rich white collar men only? There are very wealthy blue collar families. In MA there are plenty of familes in construction with generational wealth up the wazoo and the descendants are scattered in their offices and some in hard hats out in the field. Acceptable, yay or nay?

Back